What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

On the season Conley is averaging 7.6 assists, Sexton has never averaged more than 4.4 in a season. I like him but he's not a PG and that's the main reason Cleveland moved on.

Oh you were just saying that conley is a better passer than sexton. I agree.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't think it's that overblown personally, he had issues with all of his teammates in Philly and now they're saying he's having issues in Brooklyn as well. Defense is about effort but he's an elite defender because he's basically prime LeBron, dude is a freak. The main difference between him and Draymond is that Draymond plays with grit, fire, and emotion. He has intangibles that you cannot teach and does all of the little things. Ben is softer than charmin and you literally couldn't play him with Kessler for extended minutes.

Who cares if he can't play with Kessler for extended minutes. Kessler shouldn't be playing more than 30 minutes a game anyways so you play Simmons and Kessler 12 minutes a game together and let Simmons take the other 18 minutes. Also I'm not so sure they wouldn't work together surrounded by 3 shooters. The nets have been very effective with Claxton and Simmons on the court together and Claxton isn't a perimeter threat.

Remember when he played center against us last year or last? Dude played down hill and lit us up.

If you can get him back to that player, its a no brainer.
Can Kessler extend the range on his shot or would Simmons be okay coming of the bench?
We don't have a large salary commitment and we are going to have cheap contracts and the next three years are rebuilding, so yes I would try to rehab him and if it doesn't work then we don't win games which improves our lottery spot. And we get that Mavs unprotected pick. Plus we send Conley to a legit contender.

On the season Conley is averaging 7.6 assists, Sexton has never averaged more than 4.4 in a season. I like him but he's not a PG and that's the main reason Cleveland moved on.

Why did Cleveland move on from Markkanen? We shouldn’t give a **** what Cleveland thinks.

Remember when he played center against us last year or last? Dude played down hill and lit us up.

If you can get him back to that player, its a no brainer.
Another thing to consider with Simmons is that going to team without championship expectations could help break through that mental block. It allows him to make mistakes without playoff consequences and hopefully gain that confidence back. Getting away from being in a huge media market could also be very helpful and if he gets back to the player he used to be I think he would be far less likely to chase the bigger market like we have seen with other guys. He has already been in 2 of those markets and he knows the pressure that comes with them.

We have a multi year sample of him not being a great playmaker, lol.

Sexton and Conley are two totally different players. Of course Sexton isn’t as good of a passer as Conley. Conley isn’t as good of a scorer as Sexton. It’s a give and take with them. Conley’s FG% and TS% are atrocious this year while Sexton is one of the most efficient guards in the league.

We have a multi year example of him playing with almost no talent around him and 2 of those years he was playing with another pg in Garland. No one is claiming that he is some great playmaker but I don't think him averaging 6 assists a game as the primary pg is out of the realm of possibilities if given the opportunity.

Simmons is not a player you should want. Yes, he's very much available, and that's why everyone is talking about him. Don't buy something on sale just because it's on sale at a knock-off price.

And thinking that all he needs is a "cure" somewhere. He is who he is. Rather than him resurrecting his career, it's much more probable things go downhill, faster. Someone finding his shot back happens. Simmons would have to find... man, where to even start.

Lol.

And we will have multi year sample of that in a future too, but that doesn't exactly matter, when it is already clear that Lauri's off-ball playmaking is fine for his current and expectable future playmaking. As it was over the past sample, considering his utilization and role.

His core playmaking abilities wasn't, isn't, and won't be measured in any "easy" statistical category.

Lol.

We have a multi year example of him playing with almost no talent around him and 2 of those years he was playing with another pg in Garland. No one is claiming that he is some great playmaker but I don't think him averaging 6 assists a game as the primary pg is out of the realm of possibilities if given the opportunity.
I'm sure there are a lot of guards in the league that could average 6+ assists at PG, that doesn't necessarily mean you want them as your primary ball handler though.

Sexton/Clarkson/Markkanen have a 107.7 DRTG and 121.2 ORTG in 376 minutes played together this year for a +13.5 net rating.

Both of those would be #1 in the league over an entire season.

You guys can say whatever you want about Sexton but the proof is right there for you.

According to a lot of advanced stats he's still a positive impact player.

If you think about it that Simmons is only an additional year past KO/Conley, you can say your paying 40 million for a far reaching 1st rounder that will have exponential value to the Mavs in a scenario where you try to get Luka after Kyrie blows up in their face.
My simple metrics show he's an *** clown that I want no part of. On court is a different thing.

Sexton/Clarkson/Markkanen have a 107.7 DRTG and 121.2 ORTG in 376 minutes played together this year for a +13.5 net rating.

Both of those would be #1 in the league over an entire season.

You guys can say whatever you want about Sexton but the proof is right there for you.
Well one positive of trading Conley would be that we get to see a large sample size of how Sexton would do at PG.

Sexton would be a starter level player if he didnt get lost on his defensive assignments as often as he does. His 1on1 defense is decent, but almost every screen it seems he gets confused. Also seems to get his assignments mixed as sometimes in half court defense he seems unsure where he should be when the opponent is only moving to their set.

Offensively he is good enough to do what JC has done for us.. perhaps even more effectively.