What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

What does Little do well?
He's an average nba wing... he's shooting well this year but he has steadily improved and is just about to turn 23. He's signed to a 4 year like 27M extension. He's cheap production on the wing with maybe a chance at something more.

Yeah, that's what I saw as well. I thought that's what my post said but maybe I messed up and put first round picks instead of second.
The reason Vando has such wide appeal is because:

- He can fit a lot of different places as a bench piece.
- Hes a cheap vet rotation piece for 2 years.
- Most teams likely know he won't get a first on his own. So the price is right.

Hes a Used Honda Accord... will get a lot of looks and offers but you aren't selling him for the price of a Tesla.

We are. I was going off of Basketball Reference which is usually pretty spot on..... https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/
21Utah Jazz$150,749,265$134,111,459$43,470,744$30,237,463

But If you select Utah Jazz, it actually has us at $141 million.

Seems like they are about as rusty as I am. Maybe they have also taken about 6 months off from really caring.

So disregard my trade idea based off of saving cap money lol
I used this one: https://www.spotrac.com/nba/tax/. Warriors are set up for a tax bill of $170M... That's a significant sum of money.

If we can’t get first for these dudes then sweeten the pot with another player. Getting good draft picks and losing players is a win-win for us, as long as those players have no bearing on the long term planning.

I know Danny likes to get great deals, but I hope he doesn’t become paralyzed. Not making moves would be a disaster. Top 8 or better lottery odds are right there for us to take.

If we can’t get first for these dudes then sweeten the pot with another player. Getting good draft picks and losing players is a win-win for us, as long as those players have no bearing on the long term planning.

I know Danny likes to get great deals, but I hope he doesn’t become paralyzed. Not making moves would be a disaster. Top 8 or better lottery odds are right there for us to take.
I personally wouldn't trade Vanderbilt, and I would trade Conley, but that recent report about Conley being happy might lead us to keeping him.

I guess for me it comes down to who is in the 3-5 year window for us. Hardy is new, but I'm sure he has his "type". Identify those guys we have and don't let them go. Keep Clarkson or Conley because they are both awesome dude vets, but trade the other.

Last edited:
I doubt we trade all of them but moving Conley/Beasley/Vando/KO should be our priority.
And I'd prioritize getting picks but also cap space to maneuver could be nice. I also might prefer upgrading the Philly pick now instead of collecting a protected first. If we can move from the 27-28 range in the draft to the 15-20 range that is protected first round pick type value imo. Like if the clips are looking at sending seconds and a pick swap for 2023... I think that is still good enough value to call it "first round value".

I go back and forth but I think Beasley needs to be priority number one to be traded and Conley second.

I dont know, short of selling away ALL of the good vets, and never playing the Finnisher Kessler or any of the vets coming to the Jazz in trades, which there would have to be, at all this season, might get us into a stones throw of the top 8 . It is to late imo to expect it anyway. Injuries or Finnish military responsibilies I guess could help. Beyond that we can trade JC Mike Vander and Sexton and still be in the late lottery not the top 8

I go back and forth but I think Beasley needs to be priority number one to be traded and Conley second.
me too... any tank relies on moving Mike imo. I think Mike might have a solid market now... but I think he also could have value this summer as an expiring.

Beasley's value is as high as it will ever be imo... cash in now if you aren't planning on him being a long term piece.

I used this one: https://www.spotrac.com/nba/tax/. Warriors are set up for a tax bill of $170M... That's a significant sum of money.
Will they just pay the tax for the foreseeable future? Is there speculation that they will trade Poole or something because their salary is over 200M quickly. I have heard rumblings of Klay I guess, I just wonder what else is in the rumor mill for the warriors. It'd be awesome to help reroute expiring to the warriors and somehow get Poole or something. I mean if we were talking about pie in the sky...

me too... any tank relies on moving Mike imo. I think Mike might have a solid market now... but I think he also could have value this summer as an expiring.

Beasley's value is as high as it will ever be imo... cash in now if you aren't planning on him being a long term piece.

I was super excited for Beasley earlier in the season but reality is he’s a great high volume three-point shooter but that is about it. With the young guards we have on the roster I’d rather them get the minutes.

Beasley value is not THAT high smh
He should be shopped if a first is on the table in 2024 from a contender or something but its not like it makes us that much closer to the tanking 10 to think we are in that high lottery by doing so.
The Jazz players that are left after the deals, will take it as their personal respnsibility to win at all costs and not be a tanker hence making them look bad