What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Its not a garbage contract though... its just big.
Yeah. A $20 million buyout is nothing to sneeze at, but there have been much worse than that - I’m loving the idea of cleaning out about $50 million in cap space for this upcoming offseason. Lots of things you can do with that kind of room - if you’re motivated. Looks like DA and Ryan Smith are.

Yeah. A $20 million buyout is nothing to sneeze at, but there have been much worse than that - I’m loving the idea of cleaning out about $50 million in cap space for this upcoming offseason. Lots of things you can do with that kind of room - if you’re motivated. Looks like DA and Ryan Smith are.
Its money we were spending either way.

Everyone just think for a minute... I offer you the Philly protected pick we own for a good player... I offer you the Minnesota pick we own this year unprotected for a good player. Which one do you prefer? What if I offered you two picks exactly like the Philly pick? you still want the Minny one?

We are caught up in volume and not thinking about quality.

Everyone just think for a minute... I offer you the Philly protected pick we own for a good player... I offer you the Minnesota pick we own this year unprotected for a good player. Which one do you prefer? What if I offered you two picks exactly like the Philly pick? you still want the Minny one?

We are caught up in volume and not thinking about quality.
Ideally, we’d get both. A future unprotected pick is worth more - simply because of the potential to become a great pick. If we deal with the Lakers, I want one future unprotected pick and a pick swap this year.

Long-term I think it is fine if the Jazz only get one pick and a swap. It would remove the fear of doing business with the Jazz. I think it is worth it with the several deals the Jazz have to do over the next two years. However, strategically I think the swap from the Lakers is more important than the 2027 pick.

What if the Pels and the Lakers are out of the Lottery? I know it is a small chance but what if the Lakers, Pels, Jazz, and Wolves are all in the Lottery? Some team is going to win it and if it one of the ones we have picks and swaps for, the Jazz greatly benefit. That could mean an allstar or a superstar. The Jazz need one quickly not 6 years from now. Doing this Laker deal if we have the swap enhances that probability even if it is minor. So yeah, I am willing to have the team hosed for that increased chance.

We will see... who did they try to sign this summer? I bet we could do quite a bit better than Vando/Beasley production with $30M in space if we use it to sign players.

Clarkson is better than vando and beasley and could be had for less than 30 million right?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app