What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

No way can you bring back all three of Snyder, Gobert, and Mitchell. I don't know where our problem was this year but it's somewhere in that trio. Either a bad relationship with the coach and one or more players or a bad relation with Gobert Mitchell.

Either even if Gobert Mitchell are BFFs now and want to play together. If a team over pays for either player you take it. If not decide if the relationship is okay (I doubt it is) then trade whoever nets you a good trade to build around.

I'm pretty much done with Snyder. He might have been a good coach but I think he isn't reaching the players any more or has checked out. The only way I consider him is if there was a major player situation that was really bad and you trade that player away. Maybe you can bring him back and things get better. But I'm ready for someone new these days regardless.

I'm also always in favor of major trades and moves though. It's a lot of fun and rarely happens for the Jazz.

Donovan shot 20% from three… our offense was elite in the previous post season. I am smart because I consider everything rather than fan boying one of our players. No system can overcome the amount of ****** shooting we had. 5 out won’t work if your guards shoot 25% from three. The post season offense hasn’t been nearly as big of an issue as the post season defense. We gonna be a good offense but maybe not better… we gonna be a worse defense in the regular season for sure. Maybe we are able to play different styles but to make up for Rudy being gone you will need at least one great defensive wing and a couple other good ones… and they will need to be able to shoot… good luck.
You're better than just lumping everything I say as just "fanboying one of our players."

My point has been clear on Rudy for a while, and it has very little to do with Donovan Mitchell. All the rumblings on our game threads the last two postseasons have been the same. We look like **** in the playoffs. Our systems don't work, and our systems are built around Rudy.

Sure we can hope our 3 point shooting is better. We could hope for a lot of things. With our #1 offense, we averaged less than 100 ppg against a Dallas team that doesn't even have a good post defender. Our roster has been compromised by a lack of quality and depth for 3 seasons and we all know why.

We aren't going to make up for all those deficiencies to get Rudy to be some playoff superstar. Just like his offensive game, Rudy needs way too many things around him to be perfectly executed and balanced for him to dominate. The playoffs are won by teams and players flexible and talented enough to find a way. We won't build the perfect team Rudy needs in his prime to contend with him.

Forget anything Don. This isn't about him. The time is now to trade Rudy Gobert.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah, all those years we contended built around ole Mark Eaton.....

Big men get schemed out. I swear this is the dumbest fanbase.

Rudy's "Mann" literally lights us up every postseason. Kleber became Larry Bird. How do yall not see it? So busy blaming anything and everything but the obvious - Rudy will get schemed to an average output. And it's a damn shame he has zero offensive game whatsoever.

It's not all his fault, but Rudy aint dominating a playoff series. He isn't going to carry us anywhere. Wake the F up people.

I still don't get how you give the entire team a pass and lay literally everything at Rudy's feet. So irrational as to be hilarious, or sad. Oh Mitchell can't be expected to *gasp* play defense AND score! But Rudy damn well better be able to defend Mitchell's guy at the rim and his own guy at the 3 point line or he's complete garbage. Yeah. You've become a caricature at this point.

I still don't get how you give the entire team a pass and lay literally everything at Rudy's feet. So irrational as to be hilarious, or sad. Oh Mitchell can't be expected to *gasp* play defense and score! But Rudy damn well better be able to defend Mitchell's guy at the rim and his own guy at the 3 point line or he's complete garbage. Yeah. You've become a caricature at this point.
Don't forget Rudy should never miss a shot in the post when he only gets 3 per game but Mitchell can miss 20 shots every single game.

I still don't get how you give the entire team a pass and lay literally everything at Rudy's feet. So irrational as to be hilarious, or sad. Oh Mitchell can't be expected to *gasp* play defense AND score! But Rudy damn well better be able to defend Mitchell's guy at the rim and his own guy at the 3 point line or he's complete garbage. Yeah. You've become a caricature at this point.
I have never done that. Damn read man. I said that we don't have the roster to support this Rudy system on both sides. That's blaming Don's defense, Conley, Royce, Bojan's too, our lack of depth, our piss poor GM work, Quin's coaching, EVERYBODY!

**** you guys are annoying. READ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because I defend Don doesn't mean I don't hold him accountable too. This is not a Rudy vs Don thing anyway.

Rudy SHOULD BE TRADED BECAUSE WE DON'T AND WON'T HAVE THE PIECES HE NEEDS AROUND HIM and HIS TRADE VALUE IS HIGHEST RIGHT NOW.

You're better than just lumping everything I say as just "fanboying one of our players."

My point has been clear on Rudy for a while, and it has very little to do with Donovan Mitchell. All the rumblings on our game threads the last two postseasons have been the same. We look like **** in the playoffs. Our systems don't work, and our systems are built around Rudy.

Sure we can hope our 3 point shooting is better. We could hope for a lot of things. With our #1 offense, we averaged less than 100 ppg against a Dallas team that doesn't even have a good post defender. Our roster has been compromised by a lack of quality and depth for 3 seasons and we all know why.

We aren't going to make up for all those deficiencies to get Rudy to be some playoff superstar. Just like his offensive game, Rudy needs way too many things around him to be perfectly executed and balanced for him to dominate. The playoffs are won by teams and players flexible and talented enough to find a way. We won't build the perfect team Rudy needs in his prime to contend with him.

Forget anything Don. This isn't about him. The time is now to trade Rudy Gobert.

You can offload Rudy and go 5 out… if Donovan shoots 40/20 splits we are absolutely going to suck on offense. Your potential solution isnt solving any of that. It will only make the biggest post season problem… defense… worse.

But I’m sure we will find the 3 and D wings we need to make the non-Rudy defense palatable… I mean it’s not like we have been looking for them for three years.

I don’t disagree it’s time to trade Rudy… I disagree that it’s smart to go “all-in” on building around Donovan when it’s so clear to anyone with eyes that it won’t go well and he will leave anyway. Faith and hope won’t change any of that.

Rudy is a very good player, but yall do some over the top over rating of the guy. Yall use Brunson as an example of a "non-elite" player who torched our guards. Well, a simple Google search of Brunson on Rudy in our series shows multiple videos where Brunson isos on Rudy, gets Rudy to the paint, toys with Rudy, then finishes.

I'm just sick and tired of watching all of the Jazz fail defensively come playoff time then gradually the narrative changes to Rudy played awesome and nothing was his fault.

Rudy is 7- ****ing 15 inches tall idiot!!!

Rudy SHOULD BE TRADED BECAUSE WE DON'T AND WON'T HAVE THE PIECES HE NEEDS AROUND HIM and HIS TRADE VALUE IS HIGHEST RIGHT NOW.

You can literally put Donovan’s name in for Rudy there… he’ll you could put both their names.

We should trade Rudy… we should trade Donovan. We got one shot to build something that works in between them and between the FO and those two being pissy it got ****ed all to hell… burn it down.

You can literally put Donovan’s name in for Rudy there… he’ll you could put both their names.

We should trade Rudy… we should trade Donovan. We got one shot to build something that works in between them and between the FO and those two being pissy it got ****ed all to hell… burn it down.
Why do you have to turn the conversation into something about Donovan?

I'm talking about Rudy. I have said this from offseason Day 1 - you have to trade Rudy. Small markets must get the most value for their assets when they have come to the realization that what they have won't lead to contention. Depending on what you get with a Rudy trade, you also trade Don especially if he doesn't clearly commit to being here.

@LoPo you should take a few weeks off of this site man it’s probably not healthy for your mental status. Plus you are @oneye levels of stupid when it comes to Rudy.
I guess stupid means 100% correct on Rudy.

Now is the time to trade him unless you are happy with getting to that 4-5 seed in the West but embarrassed in the playoffs. Whether you trade or keep Donovan, that's our ceiling built around Rudy Gobert. We tried. The Conley deal sucked us dry and we don't have a means to improve enough to make it worth ti.

I guess stupid means 100% correct on Rudy.

Now is the time to trade him unless you are happy with getting to that 4-5 seed in the West but embarrassed in the playoffs. Whether you trade or keep Donovan, that's our ceiling built around Rudy Gobert. We tried. The Conley deal sucked us dry and we don't have a means to improve enough to make it worth ti.

You do realize the package we get back for Rudy to build around Donovan will make us a play-in team and then Donovan will just ask out next year.

You do realize the package we get back for Rudy to build around Donovan will make us a play-in team and then Donovan will just ask out next year.
He doesn’t… at all… if we have faith it will somehow work out then anything is possible… you don’t know. Maybe Donovan has been waiting to play defense until the “Rudy System” is archived.

Teams built around one all star (not superstar but all star) will be play in teams if things break the right way next year in the West. That’s the high tier outcome… Collins or whoever we pick in the teens or Hunter aren’t going to become all stars. They just aren’t.

We will be competing with Sacramento and NO and Portland for the 10th seed… sounds like fun… hopefully Donovan is gracious enough to bless us with a year or two of that.

Why do you have to turn the conversation into something about Donovan?

I'm talking about Rudy. I have said this from offseason Day 1 - you have to trade Rudy. Small markets must get the most value for their assets when they have come to the realization that what they have won't lead to contention. Depending on what you get with a Rudy trade, you also trade Don especially if he doesn't clearly commit to being here.
I guess when you can’t make a rebuttal you just setup a straw man… the reason to bring up Donovan or any other player when discussing a Rudy trade is because it has a direct correlation to everything else we are going to do. Take Rudy off the court and we are the Beal Wizards… fun.

Our #1 regular season offense might be the most worthless stat of them all. Really paid off when the playoffs came around.....

You're a really good, smart poster on this forum. I'm blown away how you don't see how clearly our systems are objectified come playoff time. Without a 5 out lineup we trust, we ain't going anywhere. That's modern basketball - everybody can shoot and everybody can decently switch.

Ummm the jazz didn’t shoot well at all, and Honestly JC was probably our most consistent shooter all series and the jazz most effective 4th quarter was when Don and others kept feeding Gobert. Other then that Mitchell pretty much ignored the offense.

I have never done that. Damn read man. I said that we don't have the roster to support this Rudy system on both sides. That's blaming Don's defense, Conley, Royce, Bojan's too, our lack of depth, our piss poor GM work, Quin's coaching, EVERYBODY!

**** you guys are annoying. READ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because I defend Don doesn't mean I don't hold him accountable too. This is not a Rudy vs Don thing anyway.

No YOU don't read. No one is giving Rudy a pass, literally no one. But we are also NOT looking at it all in a vacuum, which is what you are doing. Rudy gets beat by his man. Nevermind the fact that he is covering everyone else's failings. You consistently downplay or outright deny that aspect in your efforts to overcorrect for everyone else, since you feel the need to defend Donovan regardless. It is a SYSTEM and if the entire system is failing, that is on EVERYONE, not just one guy. More on some than others, yes, but they fail as a team. Yet you still spout the tired and completely WRONG media ******** that Rudy gets beat by his guy so he is obviously "schemed" out and therefore has to go. Do you even read what YOU write anymore? Seems to all be by rote at this point.

And of course let's not talk about the fact that he is the only one even really trying on defense (give Bogey a gold star here for his effort in the playoffs), and he covers up so many mistakes and outright lack of any effort at all by others that it almost can't be measured. By the LERBON stat he is far and away the best defensive player in the NBA, but it is his fault he can't guard the 3 point line and the rim at the same time. Yeah. You take him away and we are worse than a poor defensive team, we are essentially in tank mode. And yes he is severely limited offensively, and yes he makes a ****-ton of money. But if we move just one of them to retool and make a solid run at a ring. it makes more sense to move Donovan since Donovan straight up has more value right now.

But it also makes sense to move Rudy since his value will inevitably start falling as he ages. We have a 1-2 year window to cash in on his value against his salary, then we start looking at dumping a bad contract rather than what kind of haul we can get in return.

Again many of us are in favor trading whoever we get the most value for, or both to blow it all up.

But we are not doing so blindly ignoring or purposely downplaying or misrepresenting the contributions, or lack thereof, of each player. Really the fact is, if Rudy is having a bad offensive game, his consistently good defensive game makes him valuable. Now if he is having a bad defensive game, he just becomes garbage. If Donovan is having a bad offensive game, he has no other redeeming qualities, he just becomes garbage straight away. The question is which one does this happen to more frequently? Well during the playoffs that was pretty clear. 20% from your best offensive player over multiple games just won't cut it. And you see where that got us.

Believe it or not many people have been saying this **** all along. Many others have changed their tune. You are still playing the same old **** you learned on your recorder in 2nd grade. Get over it.

We don't know that.

But that's not my point. You trade Rudy regardless of Don. You maximize Rudy's value.

This isn't about Don. This is about the franchise.

And you don't know that Rudy won't develop a three point jumper and turn into the next amazing unicorn.