What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

And you don't know that Rudy won't develop a three point jumper and turn into the next amazing unicorn.
Honestly if the Jazz keep Gobert, they have to let him/get him to experiment with taking jump shots in game. Either it be 10-15 mid range, or 3's. Something to expand his offensive game so he just isnt an offensive tool the Jazz use.

@LoPo Look, Mitchell doesn’t work! Not if you want to be a true contender. If Rudy goes, Don needs to go too. Question, LoPo, do you think a team with Mitchell as the #1 guy can win a title? I’d like to hear your answer on that. Now, I’m not saying you can’t win with him, but you need a true #1. If you think he can’t be #1 on a title winning team, he has to go.

@LoPo Look, Mitchell doesn’t work! Not if you want to be a true contender. If Rudy goes, Don needs to go too. Question, LoPo, do you think a team with Mitchell as the #1 guy can win a title? I’d like to hear your answer on that. Now, I’m not saying you can’t win with him, but you need a true #1. If you think he can’t be #1 on a title winning team, he has to go.
Say we do the Atlanta deal and we get Collins, Capela, and I'll be generous and say we get Huerter too... now line up the top 2 players we'd have against the other teams in the West. is Donovan and Collins better than Booker and CP3, Ja and Bane or JJJ, Steph and Dray, Jokic and Murray, Kawhi and PG, Lebron and AD, Luka and Brunson, Ingram and CJ, KAT and ANT, how about Fox and Sabonis.... we might have a couple of those beat... but the supporting cast will have to be monstrous to overcome how outmatched we are in some cases.

Top end talent drives winning. Some here think we can lower our top end talent and be just fine. I just think at some time you look at your hand and have to judge it realistically.

I'm not sure a team with Donovan as the #1 guy can win a playoff series anymore.

I'd argue he's already lost a step in terms of his "athletic pop" (shoutout DL). His body breaks down over the course of a season and teams out West with bigger guards (i.e., everyone) are going to feast on him in the playoffs.

I'm not sure a team with Donovan as the #1 guy can win a playoff series anymore.

I'd argue he's already lost a step in terms of his "athletic pop" (shoutout DL). His body breaks down over the course of a season and teams out West with bigger guards (i.e., everyone) are going to feast on him in the playoffs.
And smaller guards.

*cough*Brunson*cough*

Jake Fisher article mentioned Mike is a CAA client... and Knicks may strike out on pg... I didn't think they'd be super interested in Mike after their Kemba fail but with the CAA tie do they use Mike as a potential recruiting tool for Donovan. Would they pay a little extra for Mike... and would it backfire on them?

I'm not thinking we'd get a lot but Fournier and McBride maybe plus a second? Things are not good between us and the Knicks after their BS sending guys to the Dallas game... so maybe a deal won't get done unless its a major overpay.

Jake Fisher article mentioned Mike is a CAA client... and Knicks may strike out on pg... I didn't think they'd be super interested in Mike after their Kemba fail but with the CAA tie do they use Mike as a potential recruiting tool for Donovan. Would they pay a little extra for Mike... and would it backfire on them?

I'm not thinking we'd get a lot but Fournier and McBride maybe plus a second? Things are not good between us and the Knicks after their BS sending guys to the Dallas game... so maybe a deal won't get done unless its a major overpay.
There has been a strong overreaction by the Jazz fanbase to the bad Conley series.

Go look at this year's free agency class. Go look at PG's who would be "tradeable". There isnt a lot there. Conley's deal is overpaid, but it's not outrageous and it's only for 2 more years.

Jazz should have no issue trading him if they really want to.

You do realize the package we get back for Rudy to build around Donovan will make us a play-in team and then Donovan will just ask out next year.

If that's the case, then the Jazz can trade Donovan and get a haul for him a year from now. Rudy and Donovan aren't anchors for a legit contender unless they're both playing next to an All Star-level, two-way wing.

I've read a couple of articles about the Clippers potentially having interest in Conley.

If we traded Rudy and kept Donovan, I would put youth, athleticism and potential next to Don. I'm not sold on winning a title with Don as the #1 guy, but I definitely think he can be a key part of a title winning team.

Supposedly our FO has interest De'Andre Hunter from Atlanta, and Atlanta might not want to extend his contract since they just extended Trae, Collins, Capela and Huerter.

De'Andre Hunter and Donovan Mitchell could evolve into an amazing complimentary combo. Nobody really knows how good De'Andre can be since he's had to fit in that offense completely built around Trae. Could he emerge in a more shared system like Toronto's or Miami's? Doesn't matter if you are pro-Don or against Don, a guy like De'Andre Hunter fits a long term Utah vision.

So... Rudy to Atlanta for Hunter and hopefully Collins. If we have to add Conley or Bojan and take back Capela, I would do it.

There has been a strong overreaction by the Jazz fanbase to the bad Conley series.

Go look at this year's free agency class. Go look at PG's who would be "tradeable". There isnt a lot there. Conley's deal is overpaid, but it's not outrageous and it's only for 2 more years.

Jazz should have no issue trading him if they really want to.
Yeah... I could see a team thinking he declined as the season went on. I think Knicks thought they could swipe Brunson but I think his price tag could get nuts after the playoffs... how nuts you might ask... I think Detroit may roll out something close to the max for him.

The other options like Tyus Jones may stay put or may have markets just north of the MLE. Knicks don't have cap space without some maneuvering.

The Conley deal that makes the most sense to me is Mike to Washington for KCP and Deni (Deni is the real prize). I think he's a guy who could be a breakout candidate and has a lot of the things we need. KCP is useable and expiring so helps with flexibility.

I've read a couple of articles about the Clippers potentially having interest in Conley.
I could see a Kennard and Zubac deal for Mike if we moved Rudy. Maybe something around Morris though I think he would add more bad vibes to an already bad vibes group.

If that's the case, then the Jazz can trade Donovan and get a haul for him a year from now. Rudy and Donovan aren't anchors for a legit contender unless they're both playing next to an All Star-level, two-way wing.

Why would we do that? We get a worse package due to Donovan having 2 years left vs 3 and his value likely drops if all we are is a play-in team.

If we traded Rudy and kept Donovan, I would put youth, athleticism and potential next to Don. I'm not sold on winning a title with Don as the #1 guy, but I definitely think he can be a key part of a title winning team.

Supposedly our FO has interest De'Andre Hunter from Atlanta, and Atlanta might not want to extend his contract since they just extended Trae, Collins, Capela and Huerter.

De'Andre Hunter and Donovan Mitchell could evolve into an amazing complimentary combo. Nobody really knows how good De'Andre can be since he's had to fit in that offense completely built around Trae. Could he emerge in a more shared system like Toronto's or Miami's? Doesn't matter if you are pro-Don or against Don, a guy like De'Andre Hunter fits a long term Utah vision.

So... Rudy to Atlanta for Hunter and hopefully Collins. If we have to add Conley or Bojan and take back Capela, I would do it.

I’m more interested in a deal that involves dealing Mitchell to the Hawks and getting Hunter back along with a ton of other assets.

Why would we do that? We get a worse package due to Donovan having 2 years left vs 3 and his value likely drops if all we are is a play-in team.

Mitchell will have a good year next year and be worth a big package. I don't think his trade value will drop much, if at all.

Yeah... I could see a team thinking he declined as the season went on. I think Knicks thought they could swipe Brunson but I think his price tag could get nuts after the playoffs... how nuts you might ask... I think Detroit may roll out something close to the max for him.

The other options like Tyus Jones may stay put or may have markets just north of the MLE. Knicks don't have cap space without some maneuvering.

The Conley deal that makes the most sense to me is Mike to Washington for KCP and Deni (Deni is the real prize). I think he's a guy who could be a breakout candidate and has a lot of the things we need. KCP is useable and expiring so helps with flexibility.

I really love this deal too my man! Let’s hope the Jazz Brass are reading these threads.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I’m more interested in a deal that involves dealing Mitchell to the Hawks and getting Hunter back along with a ton of other assets.

I would only consider moving Mitchell if the Jazz are offered a top 3 or 4 pick in this draft, plus additional assets. Jaden Ivey would effectively replace Mitchell while setting our timeline back. If the Jazz move Mitchell, they need a real future star coming back.

That's not necessarily true. There have been plenty of players to be traded with 2 or even 1 year left on their deal for plenty. Donovan could go down in value, but his value might even go up if he gets more usage and doesn't have the share the ball with Mike Conley.

There is no truth to those people saying that Don definitely loses or gains value if we wait a year.

I could see a Kennard and Zubac deal for Mike if we moved Rudy. Maybe something around Morris though I think he would add more bad vibes to an already bad vibes group.

I could see it centering around Morris. I agree about the bad vibes...I think he could help us on the court but adding him to an already somewhat toxic locker room seems like a really bad idea.