What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Me no understand why people think top-4 protect is bad pick. Never Lakers finish so bad they get top-4 pick in all Laker history. No way they get that bad. Its fan no let that happen.
Except for those times in the last 10 years when they did in fact have multiple top 4 picks

Having Clarkson might win you 3-4 more games than you would if you were starting Ochai Agbaji instead.

Fwiw clarkson is 3-13 tonight.
He might make a great tank commander. Keep the ball away from lauri. Play no defense

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I like Conley a lot, but I have to remember that it took him months to come up to speed with a new team. I'm hoping he has a few struggles this year then is awesome the last year of his contract!
That was largely in part to him having to adjust to playing with Rudy after playing primarily with pick-n-pop bigs with Memphis.

Knicks top-14 protected first this year is better than the Lakers top-4 protected first in 2027?
Well first this year's draft class is projected to be one of the best in recent years. Not sure the same can be said about the 2027 draft class.

Second the Knicks is locked to be a middle of the pack team this year so their pick is almost guaranteed to be a mid-first which is pretty decent in value. Worst case scenario they fall out of the playoff pictures then the pick becomes four second rounders.

The Lakers first has a slightly higher ceiling(could be in the lottery but obviously capped by the top 4 protection) and a much lower floor(a really late first/1 second vs 4 seconds) than the Knicks pick. And the probability of the lakers pick pick hits its floor is much higher than that of the Knicks pick.

Last edited:
Knicks top-14 protected first this year is better than the Lakers top-4 protected first in 2027?

I dont think blazers got a better return on picks. Lakers is better. But did the blazers send the knicks 4 rotational players, 3 picks, and take bad salary too?

Think the blazers did better in their trade all things considered even with them getting the lesser pick. (Of course if the lakers pick ends up being a late first or a second round then they also got the better pick. We dont have access to that info yet.)

Well first this year's draft class is projected to be one of the best in recent years. Not sure the same can be said about the 2027 draft class.

Second the Knicks is locked to be a middle of the pack team this year so their pick is almost guaranteed to be a mid-first which is pretty decent in value. Worst case scenario they fall out of the playoff pictures then the pick becomes four second rounders.

The Lakers first has a slightly higher ceiling(could be in the lottery but obviously capped by the top 4 protection) and a much lower floor(1 second vs 4 seconds) than the Knicks first.
Josh Hart was also likely going to walk in free agency anyways so the Blazers got a mid FRP and a flier on Reddish

I dont think blazers got a better return on picks. Lakers is better. But did the blazers send the knicks 4 rotational players, 3 picks, and take bad salary too?

Think the blazers did better in their trade all things considered even with them getting the lesser pick. (Of course if the lakers pick ends up being a late first or a second round then they also got the better pick. We dot have access to that info yet.)

We aren’t trying to get better this year obviously. I actually think Portland got worse when they’re trying to make the playoffs.

Hypothetical Time:

Would you rather the Lakers have the 5th worse record in 2026/2027 NBA season, which would mean the pick would have a 44%ish chance of being top 4 and not conveying or would you rather the Lakers have the 15th pick?

Really really good question. I probably take the 5th worse record but its close.

How do you know we didnt get a premium pick from the rudy and donovan trade? You cant know that because they are in the futire. Just like you cant know the lakers pick is a premium pick. It is also in the future. And that is just tslkimg about the draft positions nevermind the fact that a 18th pick could be the better player than a 5th pick.

Its all unkown. All it is right now is a bunch of firsts. None better then any other with the exception that some are unprotected and one might be a econd rounder.

You don’t, but if I had to rank every pick we got from any trade the Lakers pick is the most valuable and I think that if you tried to make a trade right now other teams would see it the same way.

Me no understand why people think top-4 protect is bad pick. Never Lakers finish so bad they get top-4 pick in all Laker history. No way they get that bad. Its fan no let that happen.

To me its simply a first round pick. Top 4 protected aint a big deal. It might be the 10th pick. Might be the 20th. We have no clue.

Right… then you remember we traded Conley/Beasley/Vanderbilt who combined aren’t enough to trade for Kyrie.

Eh, conley, vando, beasley, naw, 3 second rounders and takig back bad salary could land kyrie possibly. Nets had to trade him. He publicly demanded a trade. And he is a headache.

To me its simply a first round pick. Top 4 protected aint a big deal. It might be the 10th pick. Might be the 20th. We have no clue.

There is a bigger chance that the Lakers pick hits its floor(becomes a late first or end up in the top 4 then turns into a second rounder) than it reaches its ceiling(remains in the lottery and somehow avoid the top 4).

The Knicks first is safely projected to be a mid-to-late teens in one of the most loaded draft class in recent yeats.

We aren’t trying to get better this year obviously. I actually think Portland got worse when they’re trying to make the playoffs.

I feel like we could get worse by making good trades instead of bad ones though. I mean getting worse shouldnt be hard and if that was the only point then we should have traded hella dudes when we were 10-3 and all their value was booming off the charts.
Ainge ****ed this one up.

I feel like we could get worse by making good trades instead of bad ones though. I mean getting worse shouldnt be hard and if that was the only point then we should have traded hella dudes when we were 10-3 and all their value was booming off the charts.
Ainge ****ed this one up.

Yeah, I don’t agree with this at all. Not really going to rehash what I’ve explained already today either.