What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

We were sellers in a sellers market… and there is a chance we gave away all those players (who all had some level of value) for the right to give away more second round picks than what we secured.
Let’s see how the rest of sellers market plays out. I am not sure there was another deal out there that met DAs goals better than the one we did.

We didn’t give them away. Seconds mean absolutely nothing to me. The greatest thing we got from this trade was the chance to get into the 6-8 spot in the draft. It is strictly a win for me. None of the other stuff matters.
You can tank at any time. You don't have to intentionally give players away to make that happen. Just shut down your best players like what OKC's been doing over the last three years.

People are acting like DA just gave away the farm and took on a dicey contract… what is the absolute worst case scenario here… within reason.

You can tank at any time. You don't have to intentionally give players away to make that happen. Just shut down your best players like what OKC's been doing over the last three years.
We were never going to shut down players. Period. I think you just disagree with how valuable the Jazz believe that Lakers pick is to the Jazz FO and that is fair. It may not work out but big deal, or it could really work out. And while at the same time getting a chance at a better pick this year.

But he (and I) don’t think the trade sucks though. In the grand scheme of things we really didn’t lose

Thats fine. Just dont use the gobert trade to show that this one didnt suck. They are two seperate things.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

We were never going to shut down players. Period. I think you just disagree with how valuable the Jazz believe that Lakers pick is to the Jazz FO and that is fair. It may not work out but big deal, or it could really work out. And while at the same time getting a chance at a better pick this year.
He likes to yell at clouds

People are acting like DA just gave away the farm and took on a dicey contract… what is the absolute worst case scenario here… within reason.

I think one of two things happened with the majority of people here.

1. They overrated the **** out of our own players.

2. They assumed we were getting two unprotected firsts from the Lakers for a starter and two bench players.

I can understand the frustration if you believed either one of those. I think we scrounged up 75 cents and turned it into a dollar.

That we got a second round pick or late first for 4 rotational players with a few being high level starters and 3 second round picks.
Thats the worst case within reason.
Not within reason is all the above but vando becomes draymond and beasley becomes ray allen.

Bingo. People are missing the other part of this is our own pick just got exponentially more valuable.

Thats fine. Just dont use the gobert trade to show that this one didnt suck. They are two seperate things.

Maybe, not to you. The fact that we are using basically “bonus” pieces from the Gobert trade make this more acceptable if the Laker pick doesn’t pan out. At least for me.

Maybe, not to you. The fact that we are using basically “bonus” pieces from the Gobert trade make this more acceptable if the Laker pick doesn’t pan out. At least for me.

Eh if i win the lottery i still dont flush money down the toilet. Thats just me.