What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Hornets hire Atkinson… so they should still be a Rudy destination. I think DAntoni would have meant no Rudy.

Hornets hire Atkinson… so they should still be a Rudy destination. I think DAntoni would have meant no Rudy.
Would rather have Atkinson than trade Rudy to Charlotte. Thus… :(

Charlotte does seem to make the most sense for all parties though. And a better bid might mean better bids from other parties. Trying to talk myself into this being good news.

I know theoretically he’s a fit… the more I hear about him the more I’m convinced we should stay away… the injury issues are a big part of it… I think he’s one more injury shortened season away from being a negative contract. It’s also a fit issue. He hasn’t defended well outside of the Bucks and isn’t really excited about playing more off ball like he did with the Bucks. I think the idea of Brogdon is better than the actual player.

Jalen Williams and Dalen Terry are also a couple of nice players that should go in the teens.
I think Terry ends up late first. Maybe Williams too… I think they worked their ways up from being second rounders but teens is pretty rich.

On the radio today Tony Jones said there's a chance the Jazz keep their top 7 guys, make moves around the margins and hope that hiring a new coach will inject some energy into the roster. I've got a really bad feeling this is exactly what's going to happen.
That is my worst nightmare. I actually don't mind bringing back Gobert and Mitchell but I feel like Conley, Bogie and Royce have to go.

That is my worst nightmare. I actually don't mind bringing back Gobert and Mitchell but I feel like Conley, Bogie and Royce have to go.

I feel like there's a chance Ainge will overvalue all of our players and it will prevent him from pulling the trigger on any deals.

On the radio today Tony Jones said there's a chance the Jazz keep their top 7 guys, make moves around the margins and hope that hiring a new coach will inject some energy into the roster. I've got a really bad feeling this is exactly what's going to happen.

Again, I think that has to be posturing. Jazz have to make changes at the wing positions, at a minimum. Conley and Bogdanovic are likely trade candidates if they're generating interest. There are also at least three teams that are likely making offers on Gobert, and probably there will be another one or two in the next two weeks.

Teams won't make their final offers on Jazz players too soon, a) because they haven't finalized their plans, and b) because the Jazz could use their trade offers to drive up the market. Everything should come together during the week of the draft.

Again, I think that has to be posturing. Jazz have to make changes at the wing positions, at a minimum. Conley and Bogdanovic are likely trade candidates if they're generating interest. There are also at least three teams that are likely making offers on Gobert, and probably there will be another one or two in the next two weeks.

Teams won't make their final offers on Jazz players too soon, a) because they haven't finalized their plans, and b) because the Jazz can use their trade offers to drive up the market.

I have no doubt they will be involved in a lot of discussions...I guess I'm just skeptical they will actually get any deals done to move pieces of the core. I really hope I'm wrong.