What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I think Ainge is just a little old to get Wood.

Maybe it’s a good thing we didn’t get him… I don’t think I can stop.

Look Houston still has the apple of my eye… go get Tate now that they just selling **** off. He’s a free agent in a year… he ain’t staying there. Gotta find a pick or something to send their way but damnit they having a sale… get it done.

Their owner is cheap, and there's another recession looming. You never know.

How can you not understand that most of the people arguing with you don’t only love Gobert and hate Donovan? It’s very strange. First, the vast majority of those arguing with you want to trade both and get tons of long term assets.
To be clear, I'm in favor of keeping both and seeing what a new support cast and coach can do.

I don’t waste my time talking about trading both because it is not going to happen. I don’t know why so many people do it because it literally will not happen this off-season. Gobert is going to get moved and that is what I discuss everyday because it is the inevitable. I believe it’s the right move and so does the FO. I don’t know what else to tell you.
It's because they know it hasn't and won't work built around Rudy. Rudy is definitely getting traded. The last thing they want to see is success built around Don. They say "trade both" because of their love for Rudy and hatred of Don.

If they deny that, they are lying.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

It's because they know it hasn't and won't work built around Rudy. Rudy is definitely getting traded. The last thing they want to see is success built around Don. They say "trade both" because of their love for Rudy and hatred of Don.

I come back hours later and Lopo is still making up arguments that nobody made.

They should definitely trade both of them this offseason. This iteration of the team isn't nearly talented enough to win, Rudy is a depreciating asset.
There are a few big reasons they SHOULD trade Mitchell as well, although I doubt they will.
- He has more value now than he will in the future mostly just due to years left on his deal. He'll have more ability to steer himself where he wants to go after this season.
- Keeping Mitchell encourages the Jazz to take some return in other deals in the form of assets that are focused on winning games this year. In general, you're going to be able to get a lot more for players if you're willing to accept value primarily in the future as opposed to the present - it's very hard for both teams to get better right now in most trades.
- They're much less likely to be able to extract value out of Royce/Bogey the longer they wait to trade them.
- Our pick this year could be valuable if we were willing to tank, but will likely be in the 10-16 range if we try to field our most competitive team.

I genuinely think Rudy and Don could work if they added two people with length that could defend, rotate and switch. Conley was a horrible decision simply due to his size as a partner next to Don.

I genuinely think if you trade Rudy you should trade Don because I don’t think Don alone will be successful… at least not in the immediate future. I also think Don will likely be worth less 12 months from now so I like the idea of cashing in.

Sorry you think I’m lying.

I genuinely think Rudy and Don could work if they added two people with length that could defend, rotate and switch. Conley was a horrible decision simply due to his size as a partner next to Don.

I genuinely think if you trade Rudy you should trade Don because I don’t think Don alone will be successful… at least not in the immediate future. I also think Don will likely be worth less 12 months from now so I like the idea of cashing in.

Sorry you think I’m lying.
Don deserves a chance to be built around. He has earned that right. We will have a new coach that isn't going to build everything around offensively limited big men who protect the rim.

People saying we can't win with Don without Rudy either overvalued Rudy or undervalue Don. It might not be love or hate, but hopefully you get my point.

Don deserves a chance to be built around. He has earned that right. We will have a new coach that isn't going to build everything around offensively limited big men who protect the rim.

People saying we can't win with Don without Rudy either overvalued Rudy or undervalue Don. It might not be love or hate, but hopefully you get my point.

Besides Conley.. what does building around Don look like? A defensive center who doesn’t require touches? Spot up shooters to spread the floor? What exactly is this magic build that Don deserves?

yeah that was weird .... desperate to tank again prob ??
My guess is they know they’re drafting a big and Wood isn’t on their timeline. It also feels like they made the first trade they could the second they decided they should.

I wonder if passing on Mobley has anything to do with this.

You're the one not understanding the context of my comment.

Make an actual contribution to the discussion.

I would love to contribute to the discussion, but it's really hard when you and Elizah Huge keep twisting people's words and making it hostile. So many people have voiced the same frustrations with you. For once, actually do what you claim to do all the time, what you accuse other people of never doing, and show some damn humility.

There's a reason why fishonjazz took one look at this thread and noped out of it.