What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

It's going to be really hard to be worse than the Spurs or OKC.
OKC lost Chet for the season and SGA is apparently injured again. The Spurs best player Keldon Johnson is also injured entering camp.

Jazz need to be bottom 3 or 4. They need to be able to bank on a top-5 pick -- Wemby, Scoot, Thompsons, GG.

OKC lost Chet for the season and SGA is apparently injured again. The Spurs best player Keldon Johnson is also injured entering camp.
The Jazz really have to debase themselves to be worse than those two teams at this point. Another sub-optimal outcome of the Cavs deal.

There is generally one team that ends up joining the tank race that no one saw coming. There is also usually a surprise team that wins too much... I think Indiana, Orlando, or Utah could be the surprise team

I agree with @Ferguson_Mellochill we still need to make another move to make the team a little worse... and also to clear some playing time for development projects.

Man how dumb are the Suns? they really should have seen that Jae wasn't gonna be there. Crowder/saric and a pick for Bojan is still a great deal for them... lets see what they get but man pickins gonna be slim.

A ****ing role player crying his *** off and refusing to show up to training camp because he might lose his starting role is the lamest **** ever.

Glad I never stanned for Crowder.

A ****ing role player crying his *** off and refusing to show up to training camp because he might lose his starting role is the lamest **** ever.

Glad I never stanned for Crowder.
Thats some BS... bro... you gonna play like 25 minutes a game for a contender. Let Cam get that spot and get paid. Weak.

Where is LoPo and Jom plus the others who were stanning Jae Crowder so hard lmao. Been saying everyone loves the idea of him until he plays for you.

Gotta think a few steps ahead before making your move. Decent likelihood he gets moved somewhere that he doesn't start.
Both parties gotta think ahead... Suns gonna be pretty shallow on the wing... with this info they really should have done the Bogey deal. Jae isn't a star but he's a good innings eater at the wing. Torrey Craig gonna be really involved now unless they get a wing back for jae.

That was my guess as well... unless its a three team deal with Memphis where Green and seconds go to a third team.

BTW he won't start in Dallas either... and he won't get an extension.

Miami could use him as they have a huge hole at PF but they literally have no tradeable contracts in the 7-13M range.

Wonder if we could sneak in and get Green plus seconds for Clarkson.
I'll bet they watch camp then decide if they will do a deal like that vs. just cutting a few guys. I'm sure the Suns would give up a second for Stanley Johnson right now.

If Lee, JB, and Dok (if healthy) look bad in camp they likely just cut a few guys. If those guys look like keepers it may necessitate a trade of JC that is kind of a sell low deal where we get back expiring money on a player we cut and a couple seconds.

I’d have to comb through old Celtics trades, but I’m curious if DA deals ever have seconds because it’s possible it’s a pride thing that he views seconds as beneath him, like the way some people view shopping at Walmart or eating McDonald’s (both things I do).

I’d have to comb through old Celtics trades, but I’m curious if DA deals ever have seconds because it’s possible it’s a pride thing that he views seconds as beneath him, like the way some people view shopping at Walmart or eating McDonald’s (both things I do).
I know he traded out seconds to get Evan Fournier, but can't remember a deal he did just for seconds. I don't know how its possible to do all the deals we did this summer and not get or give a second rounder.