What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I see. Honestly looking across the NBA landscape though the only teams that I think will be tanking, tanking are the Jazz, Rockets, Thunder, Spurs, and Pacers.

Vegas has NBA O/U win totals set at: Spurs (22.5), Thunder (23.5), Pacers (23.5), Rockets (23.5), Jazz (24.5)
Curious what makes you think we are tanking? My understanding is we are building culture and will play our veterans significant minutes.

I am not there and I hope you are right but it will be years before we know if it was a good move. A lot of the issue last year was chemistry and trading Donny and having some fresh faces and a new coach could take care of that. Plus Rudy really wanted to be here. Would have love to have seen Rudy with Markkanen and KO as folks to help on the front line. You could have even hung on to Royce and used him off the bench. Lots of options if you keep Rudy and trade Donny
Good lord was Bogey not as valuable an asset as we all thought that a team like the suns has to have that big a protection on the pick then goes to seconds the next year? WTF??

I'd rather just cut Gay then turn him into Harris. I'd also keep Conley over Harris as I like him way more and he is a far more valuable expiring next year.
Yeah but we don’t have the goniies to cut Gay outright. Sunk cost is a real thing! Anyway Harris should be more valuable as an expiring given his relative age no?
I think Harris is grossly underrated btw.

Yeah but we don’t have the goniies to cut Gay outright. Sunk cost is a real thing! Anyway Harris should be more valuable as an expiring given his relative age no?
I think Harris is grossly underrated btw.

I feel like the only thing holding us back from cutting Gay is that he has a relationship with Hardy from San Antonio. I don't think that is enough and he is gone though. I think Johnson took his spot.

Curious what makes you think we are tanking? My understanding is we are building culture and will play our veterans significant minutes.
Trading away four starters from a playoff team is definitely how you build culture and win games.

I feel like the only thing holding us back from cutting Gay is that he has a relationship with Hardy from San Antonio. I don't think that is enough and he is gone though. I think Johnson took his spot.
It’s not that at all… it’s eating the two years 13M… if he was on vet min he’d be gone already

And the chemistry issues from last year were a big issue. The better fit around Rudy with a better chemistry would have been fun to see.

They should have tried to work through it.

Letting petty issues affect their play was disrespectful to the fans and all the players who wore the Jazz uniform before them .

Wasn't Conley supposed to be the best teamate in the league ? ( do something ! )

I hate tanking culture and that the Jazz are part of it .

Last edited:
Where is Micah Potter? The same day the Jazz signed Zeller they signed him to a two way deal. He hasn't played in any of the preseason games and it not on the roster. Today Boler and T said Johnny is the only two way player the Jazz have.

They should have tried to work through it.

Letting petty issues affect their play was disrespectful to the fans and all the players who wore the Jazz uniform before them .

Wasn't Conley supposed to be the best teamate in the league ? ( do something ! )

I hate tanking culture and that the Jazz are part of it .

I guess you can argue that the Spurs haven't been part of 'tanking culture' for the past few years, but they've finished 11th, 10th and 10th in the WC for the past three seasons. Their draft picks were Devin Vassell (#11), Josh Primo (#12) and Jeremy Sochan (#9). You can't build a competitive team really without better draft picks than that.

Jazz have been in a similar rut with drafts like Alec Burks (#12), Trey Burke (trade up from #14), Trey Lyles (#12). That's the definition of treadmilling.

Where is Micah Potter? The same day the Jazz signed Zeller they signed him to a two way deal. He hasn't played in any of the preseason games and it not on the roster. Today Boler and T said Johnny is the only two way player the Jazz have.
I think I see what’s going on. We traded for Paris Bass and signed him twice, followed by waiving him once. It was a glitch in the coding of the Matrix and one of those Bass signings was a Potter waiving. Wait until people find out that the Bass trade was really bringing Shandon Anderson out of retirement.

I think I see what’s going on. We traded for Paris Bass and signed him twice, followed by waiving him once. It was a glitch in the coding of the Matrix and one of those Bass signings was a Potter waiving. Wait until people find out that the Bass trade was really bringing Shandon Anderson out of retirement.
Shandon Anderson will come out of retirement, put up 20pts/10 assists a game and then sign with Miami…

I guess you can argue that the Spurs haven't been part of 'tanking culture' for the past few years, but they've finished 11th, 10th and 10th in the WC for the past three seasons. Their draft picks were Devin Vassell (#11), Josh Primo (#12) and Jeremy Sochan (#9). You can't build a competitive team really without better draft picks than that.

Jazz have been in a similar rut with drafts like Alec Burks (#12), Trey Burke (trade up from #14), Trey Lyles (#12). That's the definition of treadmilling.
Lyles did net us Mitchellwe also drafted Gobert same year as burk

Soxhan going to put them back on the map

Micah Potter played for the G League Ignite against Wemby so yeah, something happened.
With such a battle royal at the end of the roster fighting for that last spot, I’m hoping we can convert one of them to a two way.