What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Reddish is a dude that always flashes but just hasn't put it together. They reportedly only want 2 2nd round picks though.
I would do that easy. Plus it seems like guys his size is a size we are lacking. Lots of smaller wings and point guards. Need bigger wings and another actual big imo.

Last edited:
Some other guys I would call on: Tre Jones, Keldon Johnson, Devin Vassell, Jalen McDaniels, Cam Reddish

Jalen will be an unrestricted and should be someone we look into in the offseason depending on how we draft. Same will probably go for Reddish unless he gets traded to a team that is willing to give him a serious look and starts breakout.

Cam Reddish seems like the perfect player on paper (size 6 foot 8 inches and 218 pounds, ability, athleticism wise) and would probably be super cheap to acquire. I would try to get him and see what he can do if he is really easy/cheap to get. only 23 years old.
Pretty efficient this year with plenty of room to be more efficient of course. 45% from the field. 88% from the line. Only 30.4 from 3 though.
I'd rather give his PT to Ochai... though he could play at the same time. The price is likely so low that why the eff not but I'm not sure he's a great worker and seems kinda entitled. He's been in too rough situations.

Jalen will be an unrestricted and should be someone we look into in the offseason depending on how we draft. Same will probably go for Reddish unless he gets traded to a team that is willing to give him a serious look and starts breakout.
I think the price could be really low on him though. He likely gets an offer in the MLE range I'm guessing... so will have a wide market. Would be nice to try it before we buy it.

My thought is a Vando for McDaniels swap... they get a budget player on a two year deal for their expiring

I listened to a pod with Sarah Todd on it last night. She's not my fav but she laid out the situation perfectly... he's playing to make Rudy Gay happy and to keep the peace. His comments from last year about "not doing his job" and periodic temper tantrums all support this case. The fact that Hardy has even started throwing him some vintage Rudy Gay post ups is hilarious. Hardy is managing this situation until the find an out.
Eh, his off/on numbers are actually decent in comparison with the eye test. I don't think the Jazz are bending the organization to make Rudy happy. Once somebody consistently outplays his impact he will get less time. That person is going to be Olynyk.

I think the price could be really low on him though. He likely gets an offer in the MLE range I'm guessing... so will have a wide market. Would be nice to try it before we buy it.

My thought is a Vando for McDaniels swap... they get a budget player on a two year deal for their expiring
I would rather have Vando. You don't trade an asset for an expiring contrat.

Eh, his off/on numbers are actually decent in comparison with the eye test. I don't think the Jazz are bending the organization to make Rudy happy. Once somebody consistently outplays his impact he will get less time. That person is going to be Olynyk.
He does some okay things... I'd just encourage you to listen to the Callin Shots podcast with Sarah and Seth Partnow. We aren't bending the whole organization... but yeah we are giving him a role that should be invested elsewhere to keep the peace.

KO may take his minutes. I also think if Gay isn't moved that he will be bought out after the deadline.

I would rather have Vando. You don't trade an asset for an expiring contrat.
I would... you'd get a chance to see what he has... he fits a position of need. You also get his bird rights and there is a much better chance of you signing him if he is already in house versus trying to sell him in FA.

I think this year's FA crop has some interesting MLE types. I wouldn't mind acquiring Jalen and giving him an MLE type deal and then also pursuing Naz Reid with something around the MLE. There are some others but getting Jalen now has value and Vando is likely only getting you second rounders in a trade.

I would... you'd get a chance to see what he has... he fits a position of need. You also get his bird rights and there is a much better chance of you signing him if he is already in house versus trying to sell him in FA.

I think this year's FA crop has some interesting MLE types. I wouldn't mind acquiring Jalen and giving him an MLE type deal and then also pursuing Naz Reid with something around the MLE. There are some others but getting Jalen now has value and Vando is likely only getting you second rounders in a trade.
No thanks

Kessler is going to be taking those minutes. He's moving into 30 minutes a game up from 12-15.
We will see. I wont be shocked to see kessler go back to 23 minutes per night and KO at 28 and Gay right there at 13-15 like always.
I mean i think most of us knew Kessler should be getting closer to 30 minutes per night and Gay zero before KO got hurt. Yet that wasn't happening. At all. I hope you are right though.

By the way Cy, I want to make it clear that I think you have a very good basketball mind and I appreciate your posts. I hope you dont take my disagreements with you or what may seem like me attacking you too personally/hard.
I appreciated Cy's BASKETBALL comments. But they made up about 1/3rd of his posts. More often then not his posts were unapologetically aggressive, crass, cynical, snarky, political, directed at individuals, or below the belt.

The mute button means I didn't hear whatever comment he likely made back or will shortly send over. It's a great add to JazzFanz. I love keeping the peace on this forum but some posters make that impossible. That's when we all enjoy Simon & Garkfunkel playing 'The Sound of Silence'. Beautiful.

Last edited:
He does some okay things... I'd just encourage you to listen to the Callin Shots podcast with Sarah and Seth Partnow. We aren't bending the whole organization... but yeah we are giving him a role that should be invested elsewhere to keep the peace.

KO may take his minutes. I also think if Gay isn't moved that he will be bought out after the deadline.
I'm assuming Will/Gay have a decent relationship from their time together in San Antonio.

I listened to a pod with Sarah Todd on it last night. She's not my fav but she laid out the situation perfectly... he's playing to make Rudy Gay happy and to keep the peace. His comments from last year about "not doing his job" and periodic temper tantrums all support this case. The fact that Hardy has even started throwing him some vintage Rudy Gay post ups is hilarious. Hardy is managing this situation until the find an out.
While I think there's some truth to this... it's almost unheard of to play totally unproductive veterans just to "keep the peace".

You buy these guys out or tell them to go home to keep the peace.

While I think there's some truth to this... it's almost unheard of to play totally unproductive veterans just to "keep the peace".

You buy these guys out or tell them to go home to keep the peace.
I think he does some things that help. I think his on/off numbers suggesting he is a net positive is really rich though. He's a negative player. If we had someone awesome pushing him for minutes I think Hardy makes the switch. Those minutes should be invested elsewhere though and I think the primary reason he plays was to hope he would be good enough someone eats his salary and now it is to keep the peace as we likely have given up hope on him being good. If he had an expiring contract I'm sure we'd buy him out... since he has another year left and that is a 13M bullet they will wait and see if they can sneak him into a deal before Feb 9. At that point he will be bought out or sent home if he is a locker room distraction.

I think he does some things that help. I think his on/off numbers suggesting he is a net positive is really rich though. He's a negative player. If we had someone awesome pushing him for minutes I think Hardy makes the switch. Those minutes should be invested elsewhere though and I think the primary reason he plays was to hope he would be good enough someone eats his salary and now it is to keep the peace as we likely have given up hope on him being good. If he had an expiring contract I'm sure we'd buy him out... since he has another year left and that is a 13M bullet they will wait and see if they can sneak him into a deal before Feb 9. At that point he will be bought out or sent home if he is a locker room distraction.
I think "keeping the peace" is a bad way to phrase it. If Gay didnt play, the locker-room wouldn't erupt in a civil war. No one would care. I think that is what people picture in their mind when they hear "keep the peace". I struggle to see how Gay could truly be distracting.

But by playing him, Hardy probably gets some vet leadership type buy in where Gay is helping in practice and what not more than he may if he wasnt playing at all. Maybe once the deadline has passed and DA has shown Gay he has done everything possible to trade him, they will buy him out and/or send him home, idk.