What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I loved Levert before all the injuries. He's only played over 50 games twice in his 7 year career. This year he will probably get that number as he has stayed pretty healthy.

Levert is an inefficient shooter and very injury prone. He needs to have the ball in his hands and is a FA this summer. What would be the point of him? Pass.

Now if they are willing to take on Gay or THT contracts for next season then sure why not. They are apparently desperate for wings but Ainge already took all their FRP's. Danny can sell this.

Levert is an inefficient shooter and very injury prone. He needs to have the ball in his hands and is a FA this summer. What would be the point of him? Pass.

Now if they are willing to take on Gay or THT contracts for next season then sure why not. They are apparently desperate for wings but Ainge already took all their FRP's. Danny can sell this.
Yeah... I guess I could see it if we moved off of Mike or JC and wanted him to explore more as a creator... just seems like 3-4 teams have tried that and always found they wanted more.

I also think we will be mentioned in like 70% of the trade rumors as we have a lot of guys teams will want.

Yeah... I guess I could see it if we moved off of Mike or JC and wanted him to explore more as a creator... just seems like 3-4 teams have tried that and always found they wanted more.

I also think we will be mentioned in like 70% of the trade rumors as we have a lot of guys teams will want.
Agreed.
I'm more than willing to wait until the draft and grab someone like Wallace or Black who have so much more potential. I don't want to be the team giving LeVert his next contract with his track record. His career shooting stats are .43/.33/.73 which are actually better than I thought tbh. Unfortunately he's very consistent will go off for 40 points one night and the very night night score 1. He will disappear and literally shot 2/17 in his last 3 games. It's no wonder the Cavs are looking to dump him.

Cleveland supposedly like Malik. I wonder if we'd do a small cap clearing deal... Gay/Beasley for Levert/Windler (waived) and maybe get some seconds. They kind of need to move Caris if they aren't keeping him as they won't get cap space if he walks for nothing. We take a flier on Levert but then make other moves (Conley) to clear a good amount of space maybe?

Maybe they just like him.

Cleveland supposedly like Malik. I wonder if we'd do a small cap clearing deal... Gay/Beasley for Levert/Windler (waived) and maybe get some seconds. They kind of need to move Caris if they aren't keeping him as they won't get cap space if he walks for nothing. We take a flier on Levert but then make other moves (Conley) to clear a good amount of space maybe?

Maybe they just like him.
Maybe but I'm kinda hoping they get actual draft capital for Beas and the Cavs just don't have it.

I'd rather have THT on the Jazz than Levert.

Yeah there is no reason to trade a 22yr old THT that has had some really good stretches of ball this year.
If we want an additional 10M in space there is a reason... not sure it will matter and not arguing for us to do that... but that is the reason.

Why on Earth would we not want Levert?

Not my top choice or anything, but he has value and is still relatively young.
He's already 28 and will be 29 by the start of next season. He's injury prone. He's an inefficient shooter. He needs the ball in his hands. Not a great defender. Will be a FA this summer looking for a new contract. CAA client. I just don't see how he has a future here. Honestly sounds like someone the Knicks would overpay tbh.