What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Anunoby just had a bad fall
The injury makes him MORE attractive for me. We collect an asset that doesn't help us win this year. The jazz have been like 3 - 4 losses out of a bottom 6 pick for a while. Hopefully he is out for a month and we rack up a nice 3 - 10 run in time to close out the season.

Trading a few assets plus cashing in some picks on OG makes tons of sense to me positional too. Ainge loves positionless basketball and length. Og is long, fills a defensive role without sacrificing shooting. Plus, he can play the 2, 3, or 4 with this lineup.

Grab a top pick in the 2023 draft and the rebuild is fast tracked like crazy.

Nets 2023 + 1 cavs and 1 wolves pick plus Olynyk or Vanderbilt for Og. Who says no?

OG is getting so overrated. If he’s so awesome and he has awesome teammates why are they such trash. If he’s this DPOY candidate why isnt their defense elite. He’s a good player but things are getting really wild with him.
Well overrated is a very subjective term. Him leading DPOY might have had him overrated, but he excels against certain player types including some of the most elite players.

You know this guy:
Screenshot_20230128_114003_Chrome.jpg

Don vs OG (career):
19.9 PPG in 33.4 MPG (9 games)
FG 38.0%, 3P 29.4%
BPM -72

And this guy:
Screenshot_20230128_114648_Chrome.jpg

Steph vs OG (career):
22.2 PPG in 34.8 MPG (6 games)
FG 40.2%, 3P 28.6%
BPM 0

As for Toronto being bad, you have seen it and you know their weird schemes and personnel concepts. Their big wing concept and no true bigs is getting them killed on either 3 (if they drop) or paint (if they dont).

Btw did you know they actually only have 1 guy in their entire roster (Rookie Christian Koloko) who is even taller than 6"9?

Oh and I will be first to point out there are guys in this league who have had OGs number.

But I think if he has a safety net like Kessler behind him taking away pressure to stop all drives through the middle, he will be a menace on the perimeter.

What would that even be? DLo is making $31M and Covington is like $12M. That trade would take multiple of Jackson, Kennard, Wall, Morris, etc. to make it happen, so I don't see how just Covington being out should be some sort of sign.

31 million? Holy ****.
Lol i hope they cant find a trade partner

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

The injury makes him MORE attractive for me. We collect an asset that doesn't help us win this year. The jazz have been like 3 - 4 losses out of a bottom 6 pick for a while. Hopefully he is out for a month and we rack up a nice 3 - 10 run in time to close out the season.

Trading a few assets plus cashing in some picks on OG makes tons of sense to me positional too. Ainge loves positionless basketball and length. Og is long, fills a defensive role without sacrificing shooting. Plus, he can play the 2, 3, or 4 with this lineup.

Grab a top pick in the 2023 draft and the rebuild is fast tracked like crazy.

Nets 2023 + 1 cavs and 1 wolves pick plus Olynyk or Vanderbilt for Og. Who says no?

I say no. I like the rest of your post though. Just think that is too much to give up for him.

Well overrated is a very subjective term. Him leading DPOY might have had him overrated, but he excels against certain player types including some of the most elite players.

You know this guy:
View attachment 13766

Don vs OG (career):
19.9 PPG in 33.4 MPG (9 games)
FG 38.0%, 3P 29.4%
BPM -72

And this guy:
View attachment 13767

Steph vs OG (career):
22.2 PPG in 34.8 MPG (6 games)
FG 40.2%, 3P 28.6%
BPM 0

As for Toronto being bad, you have seen it and you know their weird schemes and personnel concepts. Their big wing concept and no true bigs is getting them killed on either 3 (if they drop) or paint (if they dont).

Btw did you know they actually only have 1 guy in their entire roster (Rookie Christian Koloko) who is even taller than 6"9?

Wow at that last sentence. Unprecedented

How about Minny gets kenard, Jackson back, and Gay from us. Lac gets Conley and we get Russell. It clears salary from us next year since he is expiring for those that like that. We also can see how he fits since he's pretty good in the pick and roll. Lac gets the pg they want and we do Conley a favor sending him to a contender. Minny gets back Jackson who seemed to fit well. It's a pretty great trade all around. The only downside is if it helps Minny improve. It could also help us which is a downside to some. If we go this route I would really push to trade Clarkson hopefully for a good defender.

How about Minny gets kenard, Jackson back, and Gay from us. Lac gets Conley and we get Russell. It clears salary from us next year since he is expiring for those that like that. We also can see how he fits since he's pretty good in the pick and roll. Lac gets the pg they want and we do Conley a favor sending him to a contender. Minny gets back Jackson who seemed to fit well. It's a pretty great trade all around. The only downside is if it helps Minny improve. It could also help us which is a downside to some. If we go this route I would really push to trade Clarkson hopefully for a good defender.
Pretty good trade. For me, I dont want Russell so i would do this trade simply for the cap relief. Which is fine. Young players always want more on the next contract and he is making 31 million now?! No way I would want to re-sign him unless it was for a TON less. If we traded for him I would prefer that he simply sits on the bench behind our 3 other point guards tbh. I dont even want to see how he fits. I know that wouldn't happen though. Im sure he would be our starter from day one.

Hmmm... I am hoping we can do better, especially after everyone saying it's a sellers market, but this is probably realistic.

I don't think Ainge values 2nds, and so if this is what we end up with it will indicate we really wanted to move those guys.

I kind of have a feeling we move Mike, but I'm wondering how much his preference will be considered. At the start of the season Mike was saying he didn't want to get traded because of his family, but also wanted to go play for a contender. I'm curious what he is currently thinking.
Sellers market but 5 teams own half the picks lmao

My prediction...

Vando ends up in Portland or Indiana... we get a meh return for him (good seconds)
We move Beasley and Gay to Cleveland for Levert and Windler (and maybe some seconds)

Clear some salary cap room and take a look at Levert... let a few guys get some dev time.

We try to move Mike but no good deals happen. We manage the eff outta Mike's loads and he is moved in the offseason.

Ya i dont want him. At all

Agree. Levert makes zero sense for us.

If the price isn't right, there is no hurry to trade anyone. If they are tradeable now, they are also tradeable at the draft and in the offseason. Trade them when the value is there for us. I want no part of second round picks, or long term trash contracts.

Our assets are not going to become more valuable playing in a role they are not ready for. Vando, NAW, or THT should not be starting. Kessler should and will be. Gay's minutes will shrink now that Olynyk is back.

All that being said, it mystifies me why some teams aren't on the horn about Clarkson. He would help so many teams.

Perimeter defenders can't make your defense elite on their own.
I get that but at some point with everyone slobbering over how good Barnes is or Pascal is or OG is… like… how come their team is complete ***.

He’s a good defender, he’s a good shooter (but not great), and all this trade talk assumes he has something magical in his offensive bag that is hidden… he doesn’t. He might get a few more shots but he’s like not all that efficient already.

He’s worth two unprotected picks to a team like Phoenix or Memphis that have big aspirations but the trade value they have placed on his is wild. For us if it was like Ochai and a Cavs/Minny pick that is as far as I’d go… and I’d rather just hang tight.

As he should be. I don't think there would be much interest in him, including us.
Yeah teams won’t be interested in a good defensive wing with some unique offensive elements on a solid one year contract… he will have a wide market. If we aren’t in sell mode we should be interested.