What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Its not just the mistakes... its the player type... we good on shot happy combo guards.

Its also not just that the guy sucks... that is fine. Its that Cy will dig in and be like "nah he'd help us win more than this guy we have on the roster that makes some of the same mistakes but is actually way more efficient". That's where Cy gets himself in trouble.

If Bones becomes good... it will look a lot like Jordan Clarkson... we already have JC... we also have Sexton. Cy's positioning of Bones as some potential high level passer is wild.
I fully agree we have more than enough shot happy combo guards and I'll add in that don't play defense. I think he has defensive upside and some court vision upside from what I've seen though. I would hardly trade much for him though. Denver looking to move him doesn't concern me though, they are full on win now mode. Clarkson, Sexton, and Beasley often don't even realize there are teammates on the court. We just need guys who can score and also move the ball, he might not be that guy though.

The downside is I would like to see more NAW in the second half. His defense is solid and sometimes is a decent passer who seems close to putting it together.

Its not just the mistakes... its the player type... we good on shot happy combo guards.

Its also not just that the guy sucks... that is fine. Its that Cy will dig in and be like "nah he'd help us win more than this guy we have on the roster that makes some of the same mistakes but is actually way more efficient". That's where Cy gets himself in trouble.

If Bones becomes good... it will look a lot like Jordan Clarkson... we already have JC... we also have Sexton. Cy's positioning of Bones as some potential high level passer is wild.
That's a wild amount of generalization.

This is a list from NBA.com of the top SF and PF coming into season (not my list, dont know why AD is PF). Which group Lauri belongs in based on the way he plays?

SF:
  • #8 Brandon Ingram. ...
  • #7 Andrew Wiggins. ...
  • #6 Jimmy Butler. ...
  • #5 Paul George. ...
  • #4 Jayson Tatum. ...
  • #3 Kawhi Leonard. ...
  • #2 Kevin Durant. ...
  • #1 LeBron James. Expect James to be more motivated than ever.
PF:
  • #8 Draymond Green. ...
  • #7 Pascal Siakam. ...
  • #6 Paolo Banchero. ...
  • #5 Anthony Davis. ...
  • #4 Evan Mobley. ...
  • #3 Karl-Anthony Towns. ...
  • #2 Zion Williamson. ...
  • #1 Giannis Antetokounmpo.
I also think its hilarious if you consider both Lauri and Walker together... you'd obviously pick guys from the SF list.

Look I'm fairly sure we trade Vando... I'm also fairly sure we won't do it for Bones... So we will get to compare what we trade for Vando to Bones and I think 90% will be happier than if we traded for Bones.

Look I'm fairly sure we trade Vando... I'm also fairly sure we won't do it for Bones... So we will get to compare what we trade for Vando to Bones and I think 90% will be happier than if we traded for Bones.
I will say I doubt we get anything better than Bones on his own, but the odds are higher that he's in a package deal.

Ironic that we're talking about having too many no defense, all offense players now but when we were actually trying to win a championship (but getting fried on defense) we couldn't make any offense for defense trades.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...y-Decrease-Asking-Price-In-John-Collins-Trade

Danny smells the blood in the water. I love the daily Collins rumors... "we will keep him forever" yesterday and "everything must go" today. They have no idea what they are doing and someone should pillage them. I'd do Collins for Beasley/Vando and we get a pick swap this year with the Philly pick. I'd consider Beasley/Gay for JC and seconds if we can get something solid for Vando elsewhere... but I think Danny is looking for more.

I would explore a deal for Hyland AND Nnaji together if they are really shopping them both, including trading one of our firsts , obviously only one this draft preferably the late one BKN HOU PHI . Maybe something like Vander,NAW BKN/PHI 1st top 25 protected and a future CLE pick swap for Hyland ,Nnaji, & Watson.
A couple 2-3 year players still not in prime, fit timeline for a rebuild seems reasonable for a Danny Ainge retool move If he decides not to move JC & or Mike yet.
Then you only need to draft 2 rookies instead of bringing in 3 Hardy bench warmers.

I will say I doubt we get anything better than Bones on his own, but the odds are higher that he's in a package deal.
I think the ideal scenario is that Minny sends out Naz for Bones. I think they are worried about not having him... but he's also critical to the locker room from what insiders say. It pisses off Ant and they start to suck again. But Minny just wanted to get something before losing Naz for nothing.

Ironic that we're talking about having too many no defense, all offense players now but when we were actually trying to win a championship (but getting fried on defense) we couldn't make any offense for defense trades.
Its a long term concern for me... don't care if we address it now. I am just uninterested in getting more guys that are oriented that way (or projected to be).

I think the ideal scenario is that Minny sends out Naz for Bones. I think they are worried about not having him... but he's also critical to the locker room from what insiders say. It pisses off Ant and they start to suck again. But Minny just wanted to get something before losing Naz for nothing.
That's a no for me.

Acquiring talent is the most important thing, especially talent that is tied to controllable contracts.

Its a long term concern for me... don't care if we address it now. I am just uninterested in getting more guys that are oriented that way (or projected to be).

I think it's a fair concern, but it was definitely a concern when the pressure was on to win immediately with Don/Rudy. I'm all about getting the right players in the right situation, which is why I was dying for us to make a move with Don/Rudy. It never happened. The solutions to our defense was Miye Oni one year and old *** Rudy Gay the next year.

I would explore a deal for Hyland AND Nnaji together if they are really shopping them both, including trading one of our firsts , obviously only one this draft preferably the late one BKN HOU PHI . Maybe something like Vander,NAW BKN/PHI 1st top 25 protected and a future CLE pick swap for Hyland ,Nnaji, & Watson.
A couple 2-3 year players still not in prime, fit timeline for a rebuild seems reasonable for a Danny Ainge retool move If he decides not to move JC & or Mike yet.
Then you only need to draft 2 rookies instead of bringing in 3 Hardy bench warmers.
I like the idea. It fits our timeline better as you said. However it also largely depends on our draft position and who we get.

I wonder if Atlanta would rather have LeVert instead of Beasley if it meant they didn’t have to add any draft capital and Cleveland supplemented us with seconds?

That trade is really rough.

I wonder if Atlanta would rather have LeVert instead of Beasley if it meant they didn’t have to add any draft capital and Cleveland supplemented us with seconds?
I think they have to give a swap of their pick this year or the Kings pick if they want some version of our trade. I would actually think KO and Malik for JC would be a better fit for them... but the Vando contract value is obviously appealing.