What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

They should be able to offer enough he bites. Think it’s like 4/60m+ they can offer. If not he’s restricted so they are fine.
My very superficial reading of the salary cap FAQ indicates that any rookie with full bird rights (which they have here) can be extended to pretty lucrative contracts. The 120% of average salary/current salary is for veterans only (which makes sense, of course).

And in that case, yes, I guess he might very well take it, but in any case he's going to add quite significantly to their 24-25 luxury tax.

My very superficial reading of the salary cap FAQ indicates that any rookie with full bird rights (which they have here) can be extended to pretty lucrative contracts. The 120% of average salary/current salary is for veterans only (which makes sense, of course).

And in that case, yes, I guess he might very well take it, but in any case he's going to add quite significantly to their 24-25 luxury tax.
There are some limits on guys in their first couple years… if they go all the way to GA there are no limits. Don’t know the rules off the top of my head.

Reactions: hgb
This would have to be the Celtics trade? Pritchard has had a tough year, but he was a lot better last year.

79fb41fe00491fc93c96873139573c66.png

This would have to be the Celtics trade? Pritchard has had a tough year, but he was a lot better last year.

79fb41fe00491fc93c96873139573c66.png
Celtics one is tough. I don't know that I'd do this trade unless Gallo is non guaranteed next year.

They wouldn't want the extra salary here. It means a **** ton of tax to them.

Celtics one is tough. I don't know that I'd do this trade unless Gallo is non guaranteed next year.

They wouldn't want the extra salary here. It means a **** ton of tax to them.

Yeah the salaries just don't make a ton of sense for a Olynyk trade. It would make more sense if they were in play for Vando.

Vanderbilt would help them. Their backcourt defense is soft and Nurkic has been slowing down and can use all the help they can get. Just having JV rebound and push the ball is going to help them.

Why leak it to Shams though?

Vanderbilt + Sexton for Jerami Grant wouldn't be soo bad if we wanted to move on from Sexton.

Vanderbilt + Beasley for Jerami Grant and a 1st? Count me in.

Vanderbilt for a 2024 1st rounder? Done.

Vanderbilt for Drew Eubanks and cash... Vomitrocious

Vanderbilt and Bolmaro for Gary Patyon #2... DEAL! Love that guy.

I tried all of these btw and they all worked on trade machine.

If we don't get a 1st round pick for Vando, hopefully we at least don't add to the backcourt with yet another just OK guard.

I would guess we leaked to Shams to try to squeeze more out somewhere else, who knows though. Think Vando return is going to be disappointing and probably still worth taking. He kinda stinks.

Vanderbilt would help them. Their backcourt defense is soft and Nurkic has been slowing down and can use all the help they can get. Just having JV rebound and push the ball is going to help them.

Why leak it to Shams though?
It ain't no secret... literally every national guy and local guy has said Vando is most likely to be traded. Dame also let us know Vando was his dude. This ain't news at all. Shams wanted to do a commercial without giving up the good stuff.

Portland owes a pick that has like perpetual protections to Chicago. A Portland deal will likely return Hart imo. They are also like an inch away from the tax so very salary constrained. My guess is Vando/KO for Hart/Winslow. Gonna say no picks go either way. I like the deal.