What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I’ve seen a handful. I do watch games sporadically each year. I just don’t see this complete lead guard you speak of and he’s an average shooter at best, not efficient at all. He has talent and nothing between his ears. But you talk like he’s the next young star, meanwhile it’s him not Grimes the Knicks wanted to give us.

Sorry what are you basing the “nothing between his ears” comment off?

Latest from Jake Fischer.

Utah’s carousel of options

One of the possible trade destinations for Westbrook, Utah, also remains a major catalyst ahead of the deadline. Any deal that sends Westbrook to the Jazz would almost certainly include veteran point guard Mike Conley, wing shooter Malik Beasley and forward Jarred Vanderbilt, but sources told Yahoo Sports that Utah’s front office has discussed various deals across the league with each of those three players — including several combinations of Beasley and Vanderbilt heading out of Salt Lake City together.

The Jazz continue to tell inquiring front offices they value Conley, Beasley and Vanderbilt as worth one first-round pick each, and Utah has discussed several frameworks that would send Beasley and Vanderbilt to teams as a package deal, such as with Atlanta, Portland and New York, sources said. Nickeil Alexander-Walker has also been included in several trade frameworks alongside Beasley and Vanderbilt, sources said.

https://sports.yahoo.com/lakers-sti...tential-russell-westbrook-deal-174912465.html

Jazz have a golden opportunity to move multiple guys at the trade deadline and really stock up on future assets and prospects. There’s not enough sellers to meet demand, and most of the players on the Jazz are quality rotational guys, but probably not in the long-term plans.

I’d love to see deals that brings in more or better draft picks. Any significant swap with the Nets/76ers pick would be great right now. Ideally, the Jazz can help facilitate a Nets/Lakers trade and clear out a ton of cap space while improving their draft position this year. Beyond that, I just want Danny to get whatever he can.

I just want to come out of this with either jovic or Collins and at least one FRP. It’s gonna be a long week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would we want from Philly? Just draft assets or some end of bench guy as well?

i havent followed them much.

What would we want from Philly? Just draft assets or some end of bench guy as well?

Hang up the phone unless it brings back Niang

Vando/Thybulle swap

They have two players in JV's salary range I would have some interest in. Maxey I would expect is absolutely out of the question (barring draft picks going the other way) and maybe Thybulle. I'm not sure about Thybulle's value, though. He hasn't exactly dominated this year, has he? He's RFA, but might not get huge offers. Doesn't feel like a very likely trade partner.

Only way they are interested in Vander as bench depth is for out of rotation but Jazz rotation capable level players like Reed and Springer.
I could see us getting a better return from somebody else.
They cannot give up a 1st anytime soon either if we did take back even lesser players like a direct swap for Korkmaz

Only way they are interested in Vander as bench depth is for out of rotation but Jazz rotation capable level players like Reed and Springer.
I could see us getting a better return from somebody else.
They cannot give up a 1st anytime soon either if we did take back even lesser players like a direct swap for Korkmaz
Yeah I figured it had to be end of bench if they plan him to be a backup. But looks like a hard pass then.

"Thanks for calling guys, we'll get back to you..." *toot* *toot* *toot*

The wiz and pistons picks don't suck. Yeah they are protected but they go for so many years that they are pretty much guaranteed to be executed. If I had my choice though I would probably go with the pistons pick.
Yeah they are just hard to trade or plan around. I think the Wiz has a legitimate shot at not conveying if they decide to actually rebuild... but it could also convey this year. Those picks just don't have as much value... I'd do the trade but I might be in the minority.

We still clear the decks and can do some other things to grease wheels… we’d end up keeping JC, Lauri, Kessler and building from there with the cap space and picks.
Ochai

I'll take whatever they have to match salaries and their '29 FRP unprotected. Which by my quick estimation is the first pick they can trade.

Sorry what are you basing the “nothing between his ears” comment off?
There is literally an article on the Athletic or somewhere about how he's such a great defensive quarterback cuz he calls everything out and knows where people will be before they get there.

There is literally an article on the Athletic or somewhere about how he's such a great defensive quarterback cuz he calls everything out and knows where people will be before they get there.
There are like 9 total people here that don’t inform their opinion off of a quick google on stats and a photo.