What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Kyrie Irving, welcome to your off-ball future!

What a bat**** crazy trade. Never saw this coming. Feels like Dallas is trying to go back to the Jalen Brunson era, but that won't work with Kyrie.

NBA teams never learn.
I think the honeymoon phase will be fine, but as soon as Kyrie does what Kyrie does, Luka is going to push to leave.

Either they rent him and it gets a chip this year, or this move costa them Luka down the road.

In my opinion that's a pretty good haul. Two very good defensive role players. Brooklyn might have one of the best defenses in the second half of the season.
Spencer has offensive game too. That's a championship quality defensive team for the Nets.

Hmmm, I'm disappointed that we didn't get any assets out of this situation, but amused at the fact that LA didn't land him.

I'm not sure what happens with Dallas. Kyrie is an amazing basketball player, but I don't see how they round out that team. Also, since they don't have an extension in place, it might be an expensive rental.

If Durant comes back and dominates offensively, the Nets could be dangerous. They likely have the best defense in the NBA now, although I'm sure they wish they would have got more assets than they did for someone as talented as Kyrie.