What's new

Trade SZN

With D'antoni joining Nash in BKN I think they may be able to make that work. I could be wrong but you'd think they would be happy to run fast breaks all damn day.

Having Harden takes away most of what is special about Irving. Those two together aren't a good fit.

No way I do that if I am Atlanta. Danny needs off of Hayward. Squeeze him more.
They get off Hayward next year. They arent signing anyone of significane right now. Ainge can wait it out, but obviously he'd rather get back some assets. I think it will most likely just be swapping 6 and 14 and w/e they need to make the deal work with filler. Maybe a flier like Bembry as well?

They get off Hayward next year. They arent signing anyone of significane right now. Ainge can wait it out, but obviously he'd rather get back some assets. I think it will most likely just be swapping 6 and 14 and w/e they need to make the deal work with filler. Maybe a flier like Bembry as well?
They can absorb most of his salary with cap space once FA opens so they don't need to match. Dedmon is 13M but helps the C's center issues.

I think the reason Hawks are doing it tho is so they can use the space they have to sign someone and then trade for Hayward on the S&T.
They have infinity cap space this year so they can still sign someone... they literally don't have enough salary to match straight across. Using 20M in space on Hayward may save them from making a mistake.

They have infinity cap space this year so they can still sign someone... they literally don't have enough salary to match straight across. Using 20M in space on Hayward may save them from making a mistake.
They could just pay Hayward a multi year contract and keep the #6 pick. No need to deal with Boston at all if Hayward declines his final year. Hayward did bupkis to help the Jazz out when he left, whey would he cost his new team assets?

They could just pay Hayward a multi year contract and keep the #6 pick. No need to deal with Boston at all if Hayward declines his final year. Hayward did bupkis to help the Jazz out when he left, whey would he cost his new team assets?
Good point but they might only offer 20M a year and he’d have to bypass 34 this year. We know Hayward wants all the dollars. Atlanta may be worried about a multi year deal. Boston might be willing to just keep him at 3/60 so he might be leveraging Atlanta.

How do the Hawks become relevant? They add Hayward and a great big this offseason. They have the minor assets to pull off the Hayward deal pretty easily.

They also have loads of young players and assets for a big get.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Sorry, you mean the guy that admitted to rooting for his team to do poorly when he was injured?

Hayward wouldn't be bothered one bit to have to look over his shoulder less. There is no way he is LESS insecure now.

How do the Hawks become relevant? They add Hayward and a great big this offseason. They have the minor assets to pull off the Hayward deal pretty easily.

They also have loads of young players and assets for a big get.

Rumor is that they are chasing Rajon Rondo. That screams that they aren"t interested in unecessarily giving up assets. They aren't giving up the #6 for Hayward when they could just sign him.

Rumor is that they are chasing Rajon Rondo. That screams that they aren"t interested in unecessarily giving up assets. They aren't giving up the #6 for Hayward when they could just sign him.
I agree with that. They will try to get Hayward cheap, sign Rondo then trade for a home run.

It might be more of Gordon waiting for Indiana to trade for him... he could opt in or work a sign and trade if he opted out. Atlanta may be the fallback and he signs... I'm personally hoping that he leaves for nothing and has to take a ****** offer from NY.