What's new

Trade SZN

Knicks are trying to package their shiny new #23 pick from the Jazz with their #8 pick and move up in the draft.

Cavs may move out of #5.

Do a 5 year stretch and waive Ed.
Its three years... 2x the length of the deal plus 1. Will only save us 1.6M off the cap doe by time you figure the waive and add in the replacement player at the minimum.

We might not have to use #38 or we might be able to slide down and move Ed... like to Porty. Or you might be able to include it in a sign and trade with Ed for Favors. Who will contribute more over the next 3-4 years Favs or #38. We could still roster our 1st round pick and could snag an undrafted guy or two to build up the farm team.

It may not be the best use of the pick and there may be someone I like (come on Tillman!) but I think it is super helpful in filling out the rotation players. Great deal either way.

Wonder if the Jazz could pull this off:

38 and Tony Bradley for 41 (Spurs pick).

1. Is it possible under the CBA?
2. Do the Spurs still like Bradley?

If they do, it would seem like a solid deal for them, especially if they have a target they like.

Buys the Jazz a little bit of breathing room and we never have to watch Tony BRadley again.

Its three years... 2x the length of the deal plus 1. Will only save us 1.6M off the cap doe by time you figure the waive and add in the replacement player at the minimum.

We might not have to use #38 or we might be able to slide down and move Ed... like to Porty. Or you might be able to include it in a sign and trade with Ed for Favors. Who will contribute more over the next 3-4 years Favs or #38. We could still roster our 1st round pick and could snag an undrafted guy or two to build up the farm team.

It may not be the best use of the pick and there may be someone I like (come on Tillman!) but I think it is super helpful in filling out the rotation players. Great deal either way.
Honestly think the better idea is to get off Bradley. Maybe Ed has some kind of resurgence if the primary issue was his health? Bradley also slightly cheaper so would be easier to trade.

Honestly think the better idea is to get off Bradley. Maybe Ed has some kind of resurgence if the primary issue was his health? Bradley also slightly cheaper so would be easier to trade.
Might be... would probably sign a minimum guy like Len to be sure.

Wonder if the Jazz could pull this off:

38 and Tony Bradley for 41 (Spurs pick).

1. Is it possible under the CBA?
2. Do the Spurs still like Bradley?

If they do, it would seem like a solid deal for them, especially if they have a target they like.

Buys the Jazz a little bit of breathing room and we never have to watch Tony BRadley again.
They don't have a trade exception... thats why I suggested the Ed #38 to Portland for #46... they have a trade exception they can use.

The other thing we could do is trade Tony/Ed for one player making 10-12M a year and just use the taxpayer MLE... might get a better deal on a player that way as you are maxed at what you can give. Then you aren't hard capped.

They don't have a trade exception... thats why I suggested the Ed #38 to Portland for #46... they have a trade exception they can use.
They also have telegraphed their interest in Scrubb... time to deep dick the Blazers for the BS they pulled with Wes and Mansap back in the day.

Take Bey or Woodard 27... use #38 to move Ed and get #46 to take Udoka or Harris or whoever the hell you want... that's a really good draft night.