What's new

Trade SZN

Kevin O'Connor mentioned in a livestream that Danillo Gallinari is expected to sign with Atlanta when free agency opens.

But, why? For either side (outside of money for Gallinari of course)?
Because they want to win now and Gallo helps them do that. Older players help teams win. Young players that are worth big money rarely hit the market unrestricted.

Because they want to win now and Gallo helps them do that. Older players help teams win. Young players that are worth big money rarely hit the market unrestricted.
Thanks asshat

Gallinari does not help Atlanta become a playoff team. They have 3 promising young wings who need to develop (Huerter, Reddish, Hunter). They have a very promising PF in Collins.

If you would have told me some vet SG or C was interested, I would think it would be wise for the smartass reasons you mentioned. Gallinari just seems like an unnecessary overpay.

Thanks asshat

Gallinari does not help Atlanta become a playoff team. They have 3 promising young wings who need to develop (Huerter, Reddish, Hunter). They have a very promising PF in Collins.

If you would have told me some vet SG or C was interested, I would think it would be wise for the smartass reasons you mentioned. Gallinari just seems like an unnecessary overpay.
Wow... someone is cranky. The young guys don't need 40 minutes a night and many of them suck... so if you want to win you bring in some help on the wing. Which guy won't get minutes because of Gallo?

Gallo just helped a team with athletic wings get to the playoffs... he's currently better than all of those guys. They just have to be better than Orlando to make the playoffs. It makes sense... depending on the length of the deal. They have infinity cap space this year.

Thanks asshat

bruh what kind of grass do you smoke?

Wow... someone is cranky. The young guys don't need 40 minutes a night and many of them suck... so if you want to win you bring in some help on the wing. Which guy won't get minutes because of Gallo?

Gallo just helped a team with athletic wings get to the playoffs... he's currently better than all of those guys. They just have to be better than Orlando to make the playoffs. It makes sense... depending on the length of the deal. They have infinity cap space this year.
Sorry I didn't take to your condescending tone as well as you would like.

I understand Gallo plays a role, but I just don't see why Atlanta would go out of their way for him. It's not like he's the comprehensive player that Hayward is who they have been linked to. Last year, Gallo benefitted from a well balanced roster of youth, vets with a strong leader in CP. He's not going to get that in Atlanta.

If I was Atlanta, I wouldn't go for him. I think they will overpay him and I think they will regret it. I think they need to continue to be patient or go big. Gallo is just paying a guy because you have money.

This is a really hard day for LoPo. Every year.
Lol. I swear it's not. I like the draft.

People just get so invested in trying to be right or making a point that they take shots. Maybe it's me. I don't know. Just seems unnecessary. Whatever. Go Jazz.

Sorry I didn't take to your condescending tone as well as you would like.

I understand Gallo plays a role, but I just don't see why Atlanta would go out of their way for him. It's not like he's the comprehensive player that Hayward is who they have been linked to. Last year, Gallo benefitted from a well balanced roster of youth, vets with a strong leader in CP. He's not going to get that in Atlanta.

If I was Atlanta, I wouldn't go for him. I think they will overpay him and I think they will regret it. I think they need to continue to be patient or go big. Gallo is just paying a guy because you have money.
Right but Gordo may not be available unless they make a trade... Gallo is unrestricted. Until you see the terms its tough to judge... Gallo is tailor made to get a team to 45-50 wins... its what he does.

Lol. I swear it's not. I like the draft.

People just get so invested in trying to be right or making a point that they take shots. Maybe it's me. I don't know. Just seems unnecessary. Whatever. Go Jazz.
I took no shots just explaining is simple terms why they want him... they can't be patient and wait for those guys. Their GM gonna get **** canned. He wants immediate help and Gallo is good. You have to mix experience with youth or they will continue to lose and its bad for development.

Right but Gordo may not be available unless they make a trade... Gallo is unrestricted. Until you see the terms its tough to judge... Gallo is tailor made to get a team to 45-50 wins... its what he does.

Atlanta has a good amount of work to do to be relevant. Gallo isn't the tipping point for this team. And if he's going to Atlanta, it's because that's where the most money is.

I personally think that Atlanta will give him too much. I think Gallo could be a really important piece on a contender, but he's going to go to Atlanta to help them maybe make the playoffs. Seems like both sides could do better.

Of course I have to wait to see what the numbers are, but if Atlanta does with Gallinari what they did with Dedmon (overpay big time), then we can talk then.

Atlanta has a good amount of work to do to be relevant. Gallo isn't the tipping point for this team. And if he's going to Atlanta, it's because that's where the most money is.

I personally think that Atlanta will give him too much. I think Gallo could be a really important piece on a contender, but he's going to go to Atlanta to help them maybe make the playoffs. Seems like both sides could do better.

Of course I have to wait to see what the numbers are, but if Atlanta does with Gallinari what they did with Dedmon (overpay big time), then we can talk then.
They didn't sign Dedmon...Sacramento did. They got Parker and traded him.

Just because one guy doesn't put you over the tipping point doesn't mean you don't get him to get to the next step. I think they are close enough now... they have added Capela and Gallo in spots where they had garbage and diarhea... Add in some development and another talented rookie and they should be awfully close to the playoffs this year.

Hilarious... I think this is the teams, players, and agents trying to save face with the league office.