What's new

Trade up? What are you willing to give up?

It probably needs to be a 3 team deal but Danny for sure has assets to make it work. Without giving up Lauri or Walker.

Sexton + #9 might get the Jazz to #6 or even #5, depending on what they take back. I have little confidence that the Jazz see Sexton as a core piece longer term. I think he was a rehabilitation project.
Overall, I agree that the Jazz don’t necessarily see him as a core piece moving forward, but I’d be sad to see him go. I really like Collin. I’d still make that deal in a heartbeat - if it lands the Jazz their highest rated wing outside the top 4, and then see who falls to #16.

Would also be willing to look at taking on a salary dump and/or a protected future pick to move up from the Jazz other spots as well. I don’t want to invest too many assets into this draft, but I want DA and Hardy to walk away from this draft with the three best players they can get their hands on. Gotta pay to play, and this is a great year for the Jazz to be aggressive in the draft and trades. Thankfully, DA has never been shy about being aggressive.

Listening to a blazers guy in the athletic pod. He thinks any deal would include Simons and the 3rd pick. I think Simons is actually pretty good but the guy seemed to make it out like it needs to be Sharpe or Simons… so maybe he doesn’t want to come off the bench. Boy if you could finesse your way to Sexton (bench piece) picks for Simons and 3 that might be a home run like no other. I think there is a way you could get Collins to Portland and get them 9, 15, and a future pick so they can make another deal.

If Toronto doesn’t get aggressive on the #3 front I think there is an opportunity for us. It sounds like from what the guy was saying they will be very likely to move the pick.

I’m definitely in the minority, but I’m not sold on either Scoot or Amen in the top 3. I’d much rather let someone else take them and target a reasonable move up for Whitmore or Walker and lock up a high-upside wing/forward to pair with Lauri for the next 5-7 years inside the top 10. After that, I’m fully in swing for the fences mode the rest of the way.

I’m definitely in the minority, but I’m not sold on either Scoot or Amen in the top 3. I’d much rather let someone else take them and target a reasonable move up for Whitmore or Walker and lock up a high-upside wing/forward to pair with Lauri for the next 5-7 years inside the top 10. After that, I’m fully in swing for the fences mode the rest of the way.
If we’re talking about fit with Lauri and Walker, nothing is more important than getting someone that can set the table for both and take some heat off of Lauri.

Listening to a blazers guy in the athletic pod. He thinks any deal would include Simons and the 3rd pick. I think Simons is actually pretty good but the guy seemed to make it out like it needs to be Sharpe or Simons… so maybe he doesn’t want to come off the bench. Boy if you could finesse your way to Sexton (bench piece) picks for Simons and 3 that might be a home run like no other. I think there is a way you could get Collins to Portland and get them 9, 15, and a future pick so they can make another deal.

If Toronto doesn’t get aggressive on the #3 front I think there is an opportunity for us. It sounds like from what the guy was saying they will be very likely to move the pick.

That makes some sense. Does Simons +3 get them a star player? I imagine they are aiming higher than Sexton and some more picks.

This is really bad man. Simons is better than Sexton. They move down from 3 to get a worse player and only get 9 + 15 + a future pick?

That makes some sense. Does Simons +3 get them a star player? I imagine they are aiming higher than Sexton and some more picks.
Agreed. Find a way to get them Jarrett Allen and John Collins while getting them off Nurk. Or something in that wheelhouse.

Scoot is super underrated on here and I’m not sure why. We’re talking All-NBA perennial All-Star upside. Someone who can take the scoring load off of Lauri when needed.

Def think they are aiming higher. I just think of Toronto doesn’t fill this trade value hole we can do a few things.

Maybe they just end up taking Scoot then moving Simons separately… like a Collins/KO/Simons three way. I kind of think he could pop outside of Dames shadow… you then draft an Anthony Black to supplement his shortcomings maybe. I just thought he was part of the future but it seems like they are picking Sharpe and looking to move on from him. I could see him having a glow up.

This is really bad man. Simons is better than Sexton. They move down from 3 to get a worse player and only get 9 + 15 + a future pick?
But Sexton or JC if he opts in fills the bench role. It’s more half baked in that I’d want to get Collins or DFS or something headed their way too but the salary matching stuff gets a little wonky. It’s like if we can get 9, 15 and a future pick their way plus help them get one wing and replace some of the scoring they lose… then might be something there. Simons moves to the bench then I’m not sure giving him 25M is all that much better than giving Sexton 17-18… IDK. We aren’t in poll position but I think we can sneak in with a 5 quarters for a dollar deal if they can’t get something super awesome.

I think Houston is going to look into moving 4 for some win now talent. Harden is headed there and they owe their 2024 1st top-4 protected to OKC, a swap in 2025 and their 2026 1st top-4 protected to OKC as well. They have no incentive to be really bad because if they were bad and ended up at 5-8 it would be catastrophic.

Def think they are aiming higher. I just think of Toronto doesn’t fill this trade value hole we can do a few things.

Maybe they just end up taking Scoot then moving Simons separately… like a Collins/KO/Simons three way. I kind of think he could pop outside of Dames shadow… you then draft an Anthony Black to supplement his shortcomings maybe. I just thought he was part of the future but it seems like they are picking Sharpe and looking to move on from him. I could see him having a glow up.

If they are putting Simons and #3 on the table, I think they're looking for someone like Towns, Beal, or Lavine. Don't think the Jazz can help with that. I think where the Jazz can help is if POR is looking for the next tier down of "star" players that might be worth the 9th pick (or 9+change) but not worth the third pick. I'm thinking guys like Gobert, Siakam, Derozan. In that scenario we can send the 9th pick to the team with the star, we get the 3rd pick, and POR gets the star + picks from us to make up the difference between 3 and 9.

There has been zero smoke on this so it's not a thing.....but hear me out. What if CHO becomes enthralled by Scoot to the point where they want to pick him and move Lamelo?

What would you trade for Lamelo Ball? Injury issues aside, I actually think he's an underrated basketball player.

There has been zero smoke on this so it's not a thing.....but hear me out. What if CHO becomes enthralled by Scoot to the point where they want to pick him and move Lamelo?

What would you trade for Lamelo Ball? Injury issues aside, I actually think he's an underrated basketball player.
I think with Lamelo’s size and shooting that they would actually just roll with both rather than trade their franchise player in favor of a dice roll.

I thought about that before and I would trade a lot for him.