What's new

Trade/Waiver rumors ....

Joncolton

First the Derrick Favors news, now this:

From Realgm.com
"The Warriors could trade Kevon Looney, who makes $4.4 million then also waive Marquese Chriss before his guarantee date in January and then also unload the $2.1 million contract of Willie Cauley-Stein."

5 hours ago – via Joe Cowley @ Chicago Sun-Times
According to several sources, including a teammate, Thaddeus Young has been unhappy with his role with his new team, specifically the minutes he’s been given, and if things don’t improve the Bulls shouldn’t be surprised if Young’s camp asks for a trade now that he’s eligible to be moved after signing a three-year, $41 million deal back on July 6.

8 hours ago – via Twitter AdamZagoria
Adam Zagoria: The Nets announced they have waived Iman Shumpert

I'd love either Looney or Young here (dependent on Looney's health). WCS has talent, but not sure if he's the right guy, I wouldn't mind it. Chriss is a knucklehead.

Well, I don't have any access to his medical reports.
True, but he sat out his rookie season with a hip injury, and how he's out again with a neuropathic condition (in his hamstring/hips). I'm not optimistic.

First the Derrick Favors news, now this:

From Realgm.com
"The Warriors could trade Kevon Looney, who makes $4.4 million then also waive Marquese Chriss before his guarantee date in January and then also unload the $2.1 million contract of Willie Cauley-Stein."

5 hours ago – via Joe Cowley @ Chicago Sun-Times
According to several sources, including a teammate, Thaddeus Young has been unhappy with his role with his new team, specifically the minutes he’s been given, and if things don’t improve the Bulls shouldn’t be surprised if Young’s camp asks for a trade now that he’s eligible to be moved after signing a three-year, $41 million deal back on July 6.

8 hours ago – via Twitter AdamZagoria
Adam Zagoria: The Nets announced they have waived Iman Shumpert
What’s the Favors news for chrissakes?

Yeah, mmkay. WCS has better career stats in nearly ever statistical category, but some how he's way worse than Ed Davis because you have a friend?

Lol
Are you an idiot or are you just trolling? At this point I dont know if it's just a clever trolling or you are really that incredibly stupid.

Ed Davis was widely considered one of the best backup centers in the league last year. He hasn't shown that with the Jazz. One year doesn't necessarily have a player drop off that bad. It could be because some players play better with better players (Joe Ingles), and the bench this year has been horrendous. It could be because he just got old, its unlikely but possible. The defense of the NBA changed overnight, it could be because of that too. All that being said, I would still take Davis over WCS.

You are comparing a defensive minded player against a offensive minded player which wont translate as easily looking at the stats. Defense and court awareness doesn't show up on a stat sheet. You saying that a scrub like WCS has better stats therefore is better is like saying that Jamal Crawford is a better player than Andre Iguodala just because he has better stats.

You're saying that stats are everything. I'm not saying Ed Davis is a good player for the Jazz at all, but he is a hell of a lot better of a player than WCS. It's not even close

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app