What's new

Transgender and sports

Whats complicated about kids playing sports? Just let them play. Little Sarah might get her *** kicked and be the 17th best swimmer in state instead of 16th. Boo hoo.
I literally said let the kids play sports and leave them alone. The conversation on transgenderism itself and adult sports is a different one.

Okay, so let’s just remove mens and womens sports leagues and see how that works out. Just people of any sex, gender, etc. compete in the same league.
Yeah, that'd be cool.

I'd love to see Serena Williams vs a top ranked men's player. It would be fascinating to me.

Would you not watch the WNBA more if there were like 10 transwomen out there who just absolutely threw down on the court?

Whats complicated about kids playing sports? Just let them play. Little Sarah might get her *** kicked and be the 17th best swimmer in state instead of 16th. Boo hoo.
Especially in public school sports that the entire tax base pays for.

Sports in public schools needs to be about providing an educational benefit to ALL kids.

It should be about teaching teamwork -- working with other people to achieve a common goal.

It should be about teaching sportsmanship -- Being a good winner and a good loser, accepting the results, or the bad calls, and pushing forward win or lose. Treating other players, both on your own team and the other team with dignity and respect.

Overcoming adversity -- even if you're not the best finding ways to get better, finding your own advantages, exploring creative solutions to achieve success.

Self improvement -- if you are the best player or the worst player or anywhere in between, pushing yourself to get better, learn and grow.

What about any of that does a transgender athlete NOT deserve to learn in school sports? What about any of that is taken away from a cis gender athlete?

If that's not what public school sports is about then we need to rethink the role of school sports in our public schools.

Would you not watch the WNBA more if there were like 10 transwomen out there who just absolutely threw down on the court?
The thing is, as it stands there are not 10 transgender females who play at the WNBA level. Not in the entire world. Let that sink in for a minute. All this fuss and you couldn't even start ten transgender female basketballs players to play against each other at the professional level. Not even 10 in the entire world.

Okay, so let’s just remove mens and womens sports leagues and see how that works out. Just people of any sex, gender, etc. compete in the same league.
He was talking about boys and girls, and I don't see why saying 'let girls compete with girls' means 'let boys compete with girls'.

If you meant adult sports leagues, let each league decide for themself the best way to handle the issue.

The sad part is watching the female athletes being forced to smile and cheer for the privilege of having money and opportunity taken from them out of fear of what people like One Brow will try to do to them if they don’t.
It's hard to imagine you've watched any female athletes being forced to smile over money/opportunity being taken from them, given that this is an absurdly rare occurrence.

Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria (ROGD) affected by social contagion is not as far fetched as you seem to imply.
Have you read the review in Psychology Today?

Also, that book seems to speak specifically about F=>M transitions, not M=>F, which is only tangentially related to the topic at hand. I can think of a bunch of reasons why there would be more who would want to go one direction than the other - and sports is way near the bottom of the list.

Last edited:
Yeah, that'd be cool.

I'd love to see Serena Williams vs a top ranked men's player. It would be fascinating to me.
I promise this isn’t going to work out for biological women the way you think it will. (You don’t really believe that you’re just being an idiot because you can’t admit you’re completely agenda driven right or wrong)

Ok let those dudes/chicks play too.
Leagues can set whatever policy they like, if that’s what they choose that’s fine, but championing women and the pretending the differences in genders/sexes is blurred is contradictory nonsense ******** and you know it, but keep pretending those two things aren’t mutually exclusive, because they are. “We’re so proud of our all woman broadcast”……..”let biological men be considering women please, it doesn’t hurt you”. That’s fine but there’s either men and women or there isn’t, and the line isn’t blurred. The feminine and masculine line has a variety, but men are men and women are women. If they aren’t, one of the conversations being had either championing women or pretending they don’t exist isn’t real. Which would it be?

The thing is, as it stands there are not 10 transgender females who play at the WNBA level. Not in the entire world. Let that sink in for a minute. All this fuss and you couldn't even start ten transgender female basketballs players to play against each other at the professional level. Not even 10 in the entire world.
And yet GameFace you sit here and post and post and post some more on the issue. “It’s not a real issue”…..”I think I’ll spend all night on it”. It’s a discussion. I don’t think there should be legislation banning anyone, but the conversation itself is a valid one.

Especially in public school sports that the entire tax base pays for.

Sports in public schools needs to be about providing an educational benefit to ALL kids.

It should be about teaching teamwork -- working with other people to achieve a common goal.

It should be about teaching sportsmanship -- Being a good winner and a good loser, accepting the results, or the bad calls, and pushing forward win or lose. Treating other players, both on your own team and the other team with dignity and respect.

Overcoming adversity -- even if you're not the best finding ways to get better, finding your own advantages, exploring creative solutions to achieve success.

Self improvement -- if you are the best player or the worst player or anywhere in between, pushing yourself to get better, learn and grow.

What about any of that does a transgender athlete NOT deserve to learn in school sports? What about any of that is taken away from a cis gender athlete?

If that's not what public school sports is about then we need to rethink the role of school sports in our public schools.
Agreed.