What's new

Trey Lyles being held out of practice/Summer League for now

David West signs with Spurs.....Will a trade finally go down? I cant believe there expecting 10,000 tonight for summer league. Thats way awesome support.

We should become the premier summer league... Vegas, Orlando are all played in empty gyms.

There is no trade, there is no free agent, theres only an excuse. Time for Lindsey to swallow his pride and get the guy signed. There has only been 7 occasions where the draft pick dont get the full 120% payscale since they went to the rookie payscale. It happened three time with the San Antonio Spurs(Anderson, Hill, Mahinmi) when Dennis Lindsey was the assistant GM. This is why Rich Paul and Trey Lyles knew it was going to be tricky negotiations. Dennis Lindsey got called out on the contract and used the excuse that he needs cap space for ongoing negotiations and now he has to play it out. Watch and see what happens. The issue will be resolved by the Vegas summer league when the deal he was working on suddenly falls apart. I. Dont know about the cake but the proof is in the pudding.

There is no trade, there is no free agent, theres only an excuse. Time for Lindsey to swallow his pride and get the guy signed. There has only been 7 occasions where the draft pick dont get the full 120% payscale since they went to the rookie payscale. It happened three time with the San Antonio Spurs(Anderson, Hill, Mahinmi) when Dennis Lindsey was the assistant GM. This is why Rich Paul and Trey Lyles knew it was going to be tricky negotiations. Dennis Lindsey got called out on the contract and used the excuse that he needs cap space for ongoing negotiations and now he has to play it out. Watch and see what happens. The issue will be resolved by the Vegas summer league when the deal he was working on suddenly falls apart. I. Dont know about the cake but the proof is in the pudding.

That's cute.

I legit think it is Diaw and Mills into our capspace if SA get a commit from West. The numbers are so close with our space and their salaries that it would make sense to preserve the $300k+ of flexibility...

Marc Stein is saying that West is going to sign with the Spurs for the vet minimum. He opted out of a $12.5 million deal to sign a $1.5 million deal. Incredible.

Anybody who believes DL is stalling on the contract over chump change is nuts. He's either working on things that may require every scrap of cap space we have, or Lyles is involved in a possible trade.

Marc Stein is saying that West is going to sign with the Spurs for the vet minimum. He opted out of a $12.5 million deal to sign a $1.5 million deal. Incredible.

It is incredible... Wonder what Duncan settles in for... they still are thin on the wing. Wonder what else they have coming? Prince, Gerald Green, Wesley Johnson, not sure who else is out there.

I do see Diaw as redundant now to West... the deal would still work, but I'm not sure if they'd clear more cap space or maybe get TPEs that they could use.

Anybody who believes DL is stalling on the contract over chump change is nuts. He's either working on things that may require every scrap of cap space we have, or Lyles is involved in a possible trade.

He has been involved in almost 50% 3 of 7 situations where he has paid lower than the 120% full scale in league history. Trey and his agent came out and said they expected negotiations to be tricky because they knew of Lindseys past. DL has a reputation for playing hardball with rookies when it comes to contracts and bonuses. Oh and if im right on this then it will be exactly 50% of the time.

He has been involved in almost 50% 3 of 7 situations where he has paid lower than the 120% full scale in league history. Trey and his agent came out and said they expected negotiations to be tricky because they knew of Lindseys past. DL has a reputation for playing hardball with rookies when it comes to contracts and bonuses. Oh and if im right on this then it will be exactly 50% of the time.

Ridiculous accusation. And a good way to have every future prospect turn you down for a workout.

Jazz aren't going to get off on the wrong foot with a lottery pick. They'll pay the full base, I'm sure.
Yeah, I agree with you but he had been known to do it before although they were picks 20 or later because that is usually where the Spurs draft. It would explain the reason the Lyles camp said they knew it would be tricky negotiations. Read section three of that article I posted.

I'm sure Lyles' agent probably thinks he has more leverage than usual since the Jazz are hosting the Summer League.

Ridiculous accusation. And a good way to have every future prospect turn you down for a workout.

How is stating the obvious a ridiculous accusation?

San Antonio has a history of being the sole franchise to consistently pay 100% rookie scale instead of 120%. How do you know they didn't strike a bargain with Lyles before the draft and now he and his agent are reneging?

The amount of half wits on this site has gotten out of control. Cappy, do everyone a favor and find the nearest bottle of household cleaner to drink.

How is stating the obvious a ridiculous accusation?

San Antonio has a history of being the sole franchise to consistently pay 100% rookie scale instead of 120%. How do you know they didn't strike a bargain with Lyles before the draft and now he and his agent are reneging?

Your a troll, a nobody, not worth responding to.

It's seems like an accusation based on logic.

Why would Lyles' camp anticipate complications and why does Lindsey's former team have the same history of setting up more strict bonus systems to reach full %120?

It's not like Lyles or his agent didn't want Trey to come here. They scheduled workouts here.