What's new

Trey Lyles Career-high 16 points --- HIGHLIGHTS!!

Nothing to see here, Enes Kanter had way better offensive skillset and everyone just pissed on him here.

Lyles, and your average arena turnstyle, have him beat on defense.

And Lyles doesn't appear to be a whiney trade demanding bitch, so there's a plus.

Lyles, and your average arena turnstyle, have him beat on defense.

And Lyles doesn't appear to be a whiney trade demanding bitch, so there's a plus.

give him a couple of years when the FO decided to treat him with the "I know you might be max guy elsewhere but we want to you take less than max and be a role player, ok?" let's see what he will do

I also want to add that Lyles is ALWAYS under control, and yet, NEVER passive. How often do you see that in a rookie? I'm really liking this pick.

Also bout as explosive as Jaron Collins. You like that too?

It is one game. You acting like jazz fans wanting Ian Clark back after hitting 4 wide open threes.

Disagree.

Height is not just an advantage in the Post. Watch hood vs mccollum. Matters as you take someone off the drive. Try contesting 3s versus taller opponents.

I play a ton of basketball. You rarely block 3 pointers without fouling so contesting a three isn't much of an issue. My point was the advantage of using Trey at the 3 would be to put a guy who is used to defending on the wing, and make him play post defense. I don't think Trey will be good enough to take wing defenders off the dribble and navigate PnR like Hood. If we were in a spot we could use Trey as a 3, but I don't think it would be something we would actively look to do.

His advantages will be in taking bigger players away from the paint and driving or shooting the 3. I would like to see him get some post presence so that when teams put a 3 on him that he can make them pay. I'd focus his development on shooting and driving, but post play could be dangerous for him because he is a good passer.

Also, Kanter sux da poopy (this is not directed at you obviously)

He got his stats and he got the L too.
So it's his fault the Jazz lost?? For hell sakes he shot 7-8 and probably should've shot more!! What the hell are u trying to imply with this!! Try being a jazz fan, instead of trying to make yourself look good because you're an obvious Lyles hater!!
Starting to think the coaching staff and front office are smarter than us.
Love that he's making me look a lot smarter. Was one of the few that actually wanted him over all of the other guys that we thought would be available at pick 14.
I understand that. Still wondering about the SF, though, if that's cool.

I'd prefer him forcing bigs to guard the perimeter perfect big to be playing with both Burke and Burks on the second unit. If Lyles continues to develop this bench is going to be good. In a couple years.

Burke
Burks
Johnson?
Lyles
Whithy (still in shock we were able to sign him such a great and underrated signing)

I see Burks guarding sg's but playing pg allowing Burke to be who he is. They match perfect playing along side the playmaking outside threat that can run circles around conventional bigs and creating space for the two guards. And having some nice rim protection in Whithy. My only question is, can CJ play sf as our 3&D wing?

I like how this team continues to come together!!