What's new

Trey needs to be Traded!

Basically in the post game interview Quin said Burke was our only playmaker left with Rodney and Hayward out. He doesn't trust anyone else to make a play without turning the ball over or doing something out of character. Burke has shown an ability to hit big shots, so I can understand why Quin would trust him despite playing terrible the entire game.

Understandable. But after this display of selfish play, I would much rather give it to Ingles than Trey.

Basically in the post game interview Quin said Burke was our only playmaker left with Rodney and Hayward out. He doesn't trust anyone else to make a play without turning the ball over or doing something out of character. Burke has shown an ability to hit big shots, so I can understand why Quin would trust him despite playing terrible the entire game.

just because wonders why Quin continued to go to Burke, uh just because Exum won't compete. He needs somebody in there who will go in there and compete with the basketball.

Zach LaVine put on a clinic for Dante Exum last night of how a young rookie guard can compete in the NBA and showed why he is the swing for the fences guy Jazz fans thought they were getting with Exum.

LaVine, struggled from the field, had 7 TOs, but he was agressive, got to the line 10 times, scored 27 and ultimately led his short handed team to a win.

Meanwhile, on the other side, on a Jazz team missing Hayward, Burks and Hood, and needing a perimeter player to step up, Exum played like his usual passive self, roaming the perimeter and swinging the ball to teammates, forcing them to do everything. Embarrassing. Not only does Snyder feel like Burke is the only playmaker, but Burke, especially when he's on the floor with Exum, feels like he has to do everything because his backcourt mate doesn't want to play basketball.

The history of mediocre pg's developing into studs in the league gives me a glimmer of hope for Trey. The Jeff Teagues, Goran Dragics, and Brandon Knights of the world. I am hoping Burke can follow suite.

Quin should tell Date to take the ball home and dribble with it all the time

He better remember to bring it back though, or they wouldn't have one come game time. It sucks Dante doesnt make enough money to go buy a basketball at Walmart or something. He deserves a raise.

Why does Trey think he has to be the dam hero every time we need a bucket? Maybe he's delusional and thinks maybe the next shot he hits will get him on a hot streak. I don't understand why they didn't play pic 'n roll with Favors from the free throw line. He had CHASE BUDINGER on him!!!!! That was one of the most selfish games I've ever seen from a player. I would have been more comfortable with the ball in Joe Ingles hands than Trey. Trade Trey for a bag of chips and accumulate one more second round pick, I just don't want to see him on our team next year. Admit it DL, you swung for the fences getting him, but you struck out. Please just move on.

Watching Trey last night made me hope the FO doesn't look to Jazzfanz anymore on who they should draft.

Feels like JL3 put a curse on trey after he took his job... Also, ty wanted Trey... I also blame Obama.

It's sad when you sit there thinking if we just had Darren collison instead of Trey... That's right I was wishing for Darren collison.

lol i remember when people here were so excited the jazz had the opportunity to draft him.
I was never excited for trey.
Though I understood why the jazz did it.

Trey is going to get worked on hard by the staff this summer : they will be relentless in making the point clear that his future as a PG with the team depends on his ability to manage a game plan, create efficient offense for his teams. He basically has until next year's trade deadline an he knows it. This off season is when he can fix it.

Good post

I was pretty excited for Trey. Sigh.
I think most of us were. And it totally made sense to be excited for him after his college career + the caliber of point guards we had been using right before trey

Feels like JL3 put a curse on trey after he took his job... Also, ty wanted Trey... I also blame Obama.

It's sad when you sit there thinking if we just had Darren collison instead of Trey... That's right I was wishing for Darren collison.

The scary thought is that they let Ty make the decision.

Trey lost us that game. The end of game with 4 guys watching him while Favors, Ingles and Millsap were all wide open for the final 8 seconds of regulation was pathetic.