What's new

Trey needs to be Traded!

I taped the game but I'm not going to watch it and I'm happy I couldn't watch it live. Trey is bringing the team down. I've always defended him but his selfish play is indefensible. I predict he'll be gone before next season.

I taped the game but I'm not going to watch it and I'm happy I couldn't watch it live. Trey is bringing the team down. I've always defended him but his selfish play is indefensible. I predict he'll be gone before next season.

Don't watch it... there are some things you can't unsee.

The big question is...how many second round picks can DL get for Trey? One of these days, DL will trade all 48 second round picks for a first rounder...you watch.

The big question is...how many second round picks can DL get for Trey? One of these days, DL will trade all 48 second round picks for a first rounder...you watch.
Sojodave, can you please change your avatar to show Burke instead of Hayward...that would be more appropriate. Thanks!

Trying to be optimistic here. But I don't think we should talk about trading him quite yet. We have to live in reality and understand that he is only in his second year. And understand that he too probably hasn't adjusted to the rookie wall. I am the biggest hater of his hero ball. But I have to see it honestly. He's still young. They are all still young.

Trey has no value right now, but the Jazz aren't making the playoffs this year, so no hurry right now to dish him off. He needs to have some serious improvement next year, or he'll just end up riding the bench while the Jazz are making a playoff push. I wonder if the Jazz just don't take his option for the 4th year (when do they have to decide?) and let him walk if he doesn't improve. Maybe they try to get rid of him next year at the trade deadline.

Trey has no value right now, but the Jazz aren't making the playoffs this year, so no hurry right now to dish him off. He needs to have some serious improvement next year, or he'll just end up riding the bench while the Jazz are making a playoff push. I wonder if the Jazz just don't take his option for the 4th year (when do they have to decide?) and let him walk if he doesn't improve. Maybe they try to get rid of him next year at the trade deadline.

I don't think we can wait another year. If he had made slight improvements in any area of his game I'd say keep him and let's see, but with his regression and how raw Dante is I don't think it wise to wait around and see. At some point you have to say he's not good at making shots.

The rest of the team is ready for the playoffs next year... We need to bring in some stability to help while Dante goes through growing pains.

I wonder how the rest of the team is feeling about Trey right now. And I wonder if he can improve. He seems like the type that will always be a chucker.

CONTRACT:3 yr(s) / $7,645,560 SIGNING BONUS- AVERAGE SALARY$2,548,520 SIGNED USING:Rookie FREE AGENT:2017 / RFA

Year Base Salary Cap Hit Dead Cap
2013-14 Contract details by year $2,438,760 $2,438,760 $4,987,320
2014-15 Contract details by year $2,548,560 $2,548,560 $5,206,800
2015-16 Contract details by year $2,658,240 $2,658,240 $2,658,240
2016-17 Contract details by year $3,386,598 $3,386,598 -
2017-18 Contract details by year $4,588,840 $4,588,840 -
2017 Free Agent Year RFA

2015 Club Option exercised
2016 Club Option

Last edited:
He was just rated 30th pg in the league by NBA executives and coaches and he's the youngest on the list. Of course he has value, not a ton of course. Some rebuilding team would love to have him to see if he blossoms into anything. New York, Lakers, and Denver all come to mind. Wouldn't be surprised if he's dealt on draft night.

Seems to me that Trey is not responding well to being moved to the bench. Instead of buying into the system and playing his role, he is trying too hard and trying to "audition" every time he touches the ball to show how good he is and how he deserves to be a starter in the league. Unfortunately for him and for the Jazz, this is completely backfiring.

Instead of showing how good he is, he is revealing how poor his judgment is.

To me, it's not even about his poor shooting percentage. That happens with a lot of shooters and the best thing to do is for them to work their way through those slumps. The problem is that he's not moving the ball and not following the offense. Time after time, he is not passing the ball to the open man. He doesn't care about the assists or even the team in these situations. I feel that his shooting percentage is so bad, not because he is not shooting well, but because he is taking ill-advised shots.

I really hope that someone helps him to understand that he's hurting himself and the team. I still think he has a lot of talent, but needs to make better choices. I'm not convinced that he "sucks" as others have said, but I would definitely agree that his judgment is very poor right now. The good thing that his judgment is something that can improve.

He was just rated 30th pg in the league by NBA executives and coaches and he's the youngest on the list. Of course he has value, not a ton of course. Some rebuilding team would love to have him to see if he blossoms into anything. New York, Lakers, and Denver all come to mind. Wouldn't be surprised if he's dealt on draft night.

I have been curious about this. Lets say we end up with the 10th Pick. Would the Knicks be willing to give up their pick for Trey, Alec and our 10th Pick? I think they might. They rebuild their backcourt and still can add a nice pick in this draft. We can also take Calderon off their hands for cap relief and he can serve as a mentor to Dante. I think its right?

Oh and we take Deangelo, bring over Tomic,

So its this

PG- Calderon/Dante
SG- Deangelo/ Hood/ Milsap
SF- Hayward/Hood/ Ingles
PF- Favors/Booker
C- Gobert/ Tomic

3 shooter in the starting group will give us soooo much space.

Should have already happened, along with Kanter (to better the return), at the trade deadline. When Burke was acquired, I was confident that his attitude & moxy would outweigh whatever could have been added had we held onto the 2 later picks which were dealt in order to draft him (especially when we turned our 2nd round pick into a 1st round pick, only 6 spots lower than the latter of the 2 picks that we traded, without giving up any assets to do so). I wasn't expecting a top 10 PG, just an above average starting caliber player who would (eventually) be able to use his bball iq & court savvy to overcome his physical limitations (which is still a possibility).

1 & 1/2 years is certainly not enough time to truly evaluate a prospect, but after drafting Exum (& extending Burks), it was clear that Burke projected as a 6th man, at best (on this team). Imo, we should have condensed 2 assets (Kanter & Burke), that didn't(/still don't) appear to fit long-term, into a better asset than what we received for Kanter (non-lottery 1st rd pick, decent euro prospect, & cap relief- by including Novak). Kanter alone should have been worth at least a potential lottery pick (although I understand why he wasn't under the circumstances in which he was traded), but if Burke was all it would have taken to obtain that, it should have happened (who knows, that could have been explored & not have even been an option).

At this point, unless we intend on starting Burks (in which case I would still do so, but only for a decent return), I hope Burke (& even Burks, for that matter- but only for a good return) is still condensed along with this year's 1st (&/or other draft picks) for someone who projects to (at least eventually) start alongside our core of Exum, Hayward, Favors, & Gobert.

Trey's problem is that he still plays NBA basketball like he is in Michigan with a 35 second shot clock. Still hasn't learned teh NBA game at all.

I have been curious about this. Lets say we end up with the 10th Pick. Would the Knicks be willing to give up their pick for Trey, Alec and our 10th Pick? I think they might. They rebuild their backcourt and still can add a nice pick in this draft. We can also take Calderon off their hands for cap relief and he can serve as a mentor to Dante. I think its right?

Knicks are dumb, but I don't think they are that dumb.