What's new

Trey needs to be Traded!

Imagine how good even the current lineup could be with an AVERAGE point guard? A ten point, 5 assist guy, is that about average?

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Trey Burke looks like the Kobe Bryant that played this year. Looks like he should just retire.

I think he's un-"trey"-dable right now. I'd be pissed if the Jazz gave up anything for someone with similar stats. 2-13 on 3's, 4-22 overall?! He's had 21 games where he has had at least 8 shots and shot .300 or less (many more with fewer shots, or just above with .300, had to draw the line somewhere) compared to 14 games where he has shot above .500 with at least 8 shots (only a few more over .450 or with fewer than 8 shots). Can't have someone shooting you out of games 1/4 of the time, while having less than 1/4 of the games where he is even above average.

I've been on the be patient with trey bandwagon... This game was truly awful. The shot at the end of regulation and overtime were terrible.

We can't come back next year with trey and Exum as our point guards. They are killing us.

I'm not sure what dante is doing out there on offense anymore. He is playing hot potato with the ball at every opportunity.

Also favs had budinger guarding him... How do we not pound the ball down to him every time.

Truly awful game. Let's trade trey for making me watch that ****.

Dante's handle doesn't look good enough to be our primary ball-handler. I understand why he defers. I think he'd be turning it over constantly if he tried to create... if he tried to split double teams, drive into traffic, etc. He looks like he's about to lose it any time the opponent puts pressure on him. For example, I don't think he can do what Rodney is doing when he probes the defense and shields the ball with his body, bounces it several times in the paint before pulling up for a mid-range push shot or jumper(and Rodney is not much of a ball-handler either).

I think that(along with adding some strenght) is priority no. 1 for him in the off season. I have no idea how much he can develop handle in a single off-season, but if he can't be secure enough with the ball in his hands, then he can't and shouldn't have the ball in his hands.

edit: damn, I thought I was in the game thread. Sorry for the off-topic... about Trey - the most worrying thing with him is not that he shot 4/22... it's that he doesn't seem like he understands some very important concepts for a PG, like getting your teammates involved, like not taking stupid shots, like getting the ball to the hot hand of a teammate(Favors was 8/13, Ingles was 7/10, hell Rudy was 7/11, but no, Trey had to chuck his way to a 4/22), he doesn't recognize matchups where we have advantage - Favors was defended by Budinger for huge stretches but only finished with 13 shots in 42 minutes)... Hero-ball is the ultimate fall for Trey and the biggest culprit in his shooting woes. He doesn't recognize that he's no longer in college and there are better options in offense than him, and he can't or doesn't want to create for those other better options. I don't know if he can learn that, but if he can't he'd have very hard time remaining in the league.

Last edited:
Wow I was so disappointed with this one. It's got to be on the coach. How could you leave a guy in who's shooting that bad. Moreover how can you leave a guy in who thinks he's the only player on the floor? There is no way those d leaguers on the end of the bench can be that bad not to play in front of that crap.

Dante's handle doesn't look good enough to be our primary ball-handler. I understand why he defers. I think he'd be turning it over constantly if he tried to create... if he tried to split double teams, drive into traffic, etc. He looks like he's about to lose it any time the opponent puts pressure on him. For example, I don't think he can do what Rodney is doing when he probes the defense and shields the ball with his body, bounces it several times in the paint before pulling up for a mid-range push shot or jumper(and Rodney is not much of a ball-handler either).

I think that(along with adding some strenght) is priority no. 1 for him in the off season. I have no idea how much he can develop handle in a single off-season, but if he can't be secure enough with the ball in his hands, then he can't and shouldn't have the ball in his hands.

edit: damn, I thought I was in the game thread. Sorry for the off-topic... about Trey - the most worrying thing with him is not that he shot 4/22... it's that he doesn't seem like he understands some very important concepts for a PG, like getting your teammates involved, like not taking stupid shots, like getting the ball to the hot hand of a teammate(Favors was 8/13, Ingles was 7/10, hell Rudy was 7/11, but no, Trey had to chuck his way to a 4/22), he doesn't recognize matchups where we have advantage - Favors was defended by Budinger for huge stretches but only finished with 13 shots in 42 minutes)... Hero-ball is the ultimate fall for Trey and the biggest culprit in his shooting woes. He doesn't recognize that he's no longer in college and there are better options in offense than him, and he can't or doesn't want to create for those other better options. I don't know if he can learn that, but if he can't he'd have very hard time remaining in the league.

Quin should tell Date to take the ball home and dribble with it all the time like how wide receivers always have the football in their hands when they're brushing their teeth, cook breakfast, watching TV, etc.

Wow I was so disappointed with this one. It's got to be on the coach. How could you leave a guy in who's shooting that bad. Moreover how can you leave a guy in who thinks he's the only player on the floor? There is no way those d leaguers on the end of the bench can be that bad not to play in front of that crap.

Tanking?

Wtf ... that last shot, he didn't look to pass at all. Favors was open at the elbow calling for the ball, Booker was streaking into the lane and what does the chucker do but chucks up a 30-foot prayer. I'm sure Quin didn't call for that! This guy has got to go, the sooner the better!

Teachable moment, maybe?

Trey is going to get worked on hard by the staff this summer : they will be relentless in making the point clear that his future as a PG with the team depends on his ability to manage a game plan, create efficient offense for his teams. He basically has until next year's trade deadline an he knows it. This off season is when he can fix it.

Why ? He is a better offensive player than Kanter.... Also his numbers have improved after the All-Star Break... :)

I didn't see the Wolves game but Trey was killing me in the Warriors game. Even though his shot was falling he took the rest of the players out of their game by being such a chucker. **** Trey, totally over him.

Basically in the post game interview Quin said Burke was our only playmaker left with Rodney and Hayward out. He doesn't trust anyone else to make a play without turning the ball over or doing something out of character. Burke has shown an ability to hit big shots, so I can understand why Quin would trust him despite playing terrible the entire game.

The only fan base that would still be excited to get Trey is the Detroit Piston's fan base. I've always thought Burke had Jameer Nelson potential, so maybe Van Gundy would like him.