What's new

Trump's Coup Attempt

Is the National Review relevant in the era of Trumpublicanism?

"There are legitimate issues to consider after the 2020 vote about the security of mail-in ballots and the process of counting votes (some jurisdictions, bizarrely, take weeks to complete their initial count), but make no mistake: The chief driver of the post-election contention of the past several weeks is the petulant refusal of one man to accept the verdict of the American people. The Trump team (and much of the GOP) is working backwards, desperately trying to find something, anythingto support the president’s aggrieved feelings, rather than objectively considering the evidence and reacting as warranted.

Almost nothing that the Trump team has alleged has withstood the slightest scrutiny. In particular, it’s hard to find much that is remotely true in the president’s Twitter feed these days. It is full of already-debunked claims and crackpot conspiracy theories about Dominion voting systems. Over the weekend, he repeated the charge that 1.8 million mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania were mailed out, yet 2.6 million were ultimately tallied. In a rather elementary error, this compares the number of mail-ballots requested in the primary to the number of ballots counted in the general. A straight apples-to-apples comparison finds that 1.8 million mail-in ballots were requested in the primary and 1.5 million returned, while 3.1 million ballots were requested in the general and 2.6 million returned."

Is the National Review relevant in the era of Trumpublicanism?

"There are legitimate issues to consider after the 2020 vote about the security of mail-in ballots and the process of counting votes (some jurisdictions, bizarrely, take weeks to complete their initial count), but make no mistake: The chief driver of the post-election contention of the past several weeks is the petulant refusal of one man to accept the verdict of the American people. The Trump team (and much of the GOP) is working backwards, desperately trying to find something, anythingto support the president’s aggrieved feelings, rather than objectively considering the evidence and reacting as warranted.

Almost nothing that the Trump team has alleged has withstood the slightest scrutiny. In particular, it’s hard to find much that is remotely true in the president’s Twitter feed these days. It is full of already-debunked claims and crackpot conspiracy theories about Dominion voting systems. Over the weekend, he repeated the charge that 1.8 million mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania were mailed out, yet 2.6 million were ultimately tallied. In a rather elementary error, this compares the number of mail-ballots requested in the primary to the number of ballots counted in the general. A straight apples-to-apples comparison finds that 1.8 million mail-in ballots were requested in the primary and 1.5 million returned, while 3.1 million ballots were requested in the general and 2.6 million returned."

In answer to your first question, if it's negative or critical of trump then it's no longer relevant to them and is now part of the fake news

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I wasn’t sure where to put this, but really wanted to share it. He’s someone who helped people through the madness of the past 4 years, with his nightly show, and since this thread is about that continued insanity, here’s a great interview of Colbert.....

Colbert recalls a talk he had with director Spike Jonze in 2015, when Jonze asked him what he wanted the show to be about. After thinking about it, Colbert remembered a line from e.e. cummings: “What is more important than love, which is ‘the only god who spoke this earth so glad and big’? And I haven’t the slightest ****ing idea how to do that, okay?” he says. “How can you make it about love? For the life of me, I did not know how to do it. I just kept on doing it and doing it. What has occurred to me since Trump became president is that what the show is about is loss. And you feel it with such clarity, because you’re losing something you love, which is—however illusory or real, because I’m not going to judge either way—America’s moral authority in the world, that shining city on the hill.”

“Our own national image gets lost,” Colbert continues. “Our own sense of the purpose of America gets lost. And then there’s economic hegemony, then there’s a loss by white Americans thinking that they are the default culture of America. There’s all the loss that the people who’ve been denied their position or their rights in America have always dealt with, that then we have to deal with, which is also another sense of loss and innocence. There’s all this loss going on in America. And on a nightly basis, because there’s no audience, I can talk about loss, but what I’m really talking about is, ‘Look at what we love. It’s on fire.’ ”

It'll be funny if he runs in 2020, imho. He won't make it out of the primary.
I don’t know. Almost 74 million votes this time. A lot can, and almost surely will, happen before then. Would be great if the media didn’t behave like a moth to a flame where Trump is concerned, but I can’t count on that. Yet. But, if the Democrats could just win the Senate, a better chance for Biden to be successful. If the GOP doesn’t distance from Trump, and they are between a rock and a hard place now, Trump and his base won’t fall silent on their own. I know Biden is one term, so if Trump really intends to haunt our future, well maybe New York prosecutors can kneecap him.

Sounds legit. Too much winning.

You know, I'm fine with this. I don't expect they'll find anything because I think it is well established that there was probable cause every step of they way that justified an investigation into Trump's links to Russian propaganda and investigation into just how far Russia had gone to influence our election.

If there was any fabrication of evidence to kick start the investigation then I'd like to know that. If there wasn't I'd like Trumpers to know that. Not that they will believe anything other than what the Trumpiverse tells them to believe, but facts and reality are valuable in and of their self.

Just will not give up. Pretty disgusting. Just trash our democratic institutions right in our face. In our face. So much respect for we the people, who voted him out.

(CNN)President Donald Trump on Saturday called Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, pushing him to convince state legislators to overturn President-elect Joe Biden's win in the state, a source familiar with the conversation told CNN.
Trump asked Kemp to call a special session and convince state legislators to select their own electors that would support him, according to the source. He also asked the Republican governor to order an audit of absentee ballot signatures.

Kemp explained that he did not have the authority to order such an audit and denied the request to call a special session, the source said.

And who’s the biggest snowflake of them all?

Last month, Republicans privately told CNN that their public refusal to acknowledge that Biden won the election "is all part of walking President Trump through this process emotionally."

And who’s the biggest snowflake of them all?

Last month, Republicans privately told CNN that their public refusal to acknowledge that Biden won the election "is all part of walking President Trump through this process emotionally."

He is a hostage of his insanity. People suggest he might consider his legacy and bow to reality. Were it only that easy. His narcissism simply won't allow it.