What's new

Trump's Coup Attempt

The Az Republican Party asked if people were willing to die for Trump, after one Az. citizen, responding to a since deleted Az Republican Party tweet comparing themselves to Rambo, tweeted that he was willing to lay down his life for Trump. The Az GOP asked “Are you?”

As far as I am concerned, like their cult leader’s inflammatory rhetoric, such tweets are a form of inciting insurrection.
They should be held to account for that. And Trump should be held to account for similar inflammatory rhetoric.

I've really never been this disenfranchised with politicians overall as I am now. I'm turned off of Republicans for a long time until some of them can grow a sack. Willing to give Biden some time the next four years, but fear that no matter who is in office, national debt will continue to skyrocket, income disparity and the rich getting richer will continue.

The last four years have been exhausting beyond belief.

I've really never been this disenfranchised with politicians overall as I am now. I'm turned off of Republicans for a long time until some of them can grow a sack. Willing to give Biden some time the next four years, but fear that no matter who is in office, national debt will continue to skyrocket, income disparity and the rich getting richer will continue.

The last four years have been exhausting beyond belief.
Agree with all of this

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

All of this **** from these states is nothing short of treason. Everyone involved in this ******** needs to do prison time.

I am currently listening to "All the President's Men" on audiobook about Watergate. The similarities to now is so disturbing. There is something in the Republican Party that invites more than the normal political corruption. The only hopeful thing is that we survived that and we will survive this.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

I honestly wish everything was moderates. Imagine how much could get done if everyone fell in the middle more or less.

Instead, watch the Senate block the House and progress be stalled. It’s why I want D’s to win in the GA runoff, but not sure how that will fall out.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-to-the-supreme-court/ar-BB1bNndV?li=BB141NW3

I just looked up which states have joined the Texas lawsuit, and I was so relieved (and actually surprised) that Utah wasn't one of them.

In case you don't know, the states are: Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia and Wisconsin. What an embarrassment.

EDIT: Apparently my list is "fake news." Good, some of these made no sense. But yeah, now I get to be embarrassed for Utah's attorney general. Won't be the first time. I see that the Governor and Governor-Elect have swiftly distanced themselves from this debacle.
This is so incredibly stupid. Also, they kind of give the game away by not demanding that the congresspeople elected from those states not be sat.

This embrace of the president’s attempt to overturn the results of the election is both shocking and horrifying. As Trump’s fraud claims and legal cases have steadily failed, the arguments he has pursued have become more outlandish and absurd, and they have also become more disturbing. Many Republican voters agree, and in refusing to stand up to him and them, Republican officials have gone from coddling a sore loser to effectively abandoning democracy....

Many of these people may be going along not in spite of the fact that the suit is preposterous, but because it is: The stakes appear lower if they don’t have to worry about the Court actually taking them seriously. That is a dangerous calculation. The case seems to face very, very long odds, though it takes only five members of the Court to turn the preposterous into precedent. Even if the case fails, though, these Republicans have set a course of being willing to oppose the results of elections simply because they don’t like them. That is by definition antidemocratic....

Elected officials ought to be responsive to constituents—within reason. But the disposition of the election has long since passed the bounds of reason. Republican officials aren’t afraid of Trump so much as they are afraid of Republican voters. And Republican voters appear to be afraid of democracy.

All of this **** from these states is nothing short of treason. Everyone involved in this ******** needs to do prison time.
Trump wanted a list of Republicans who supported his position. Which is to say a list of those who will support sedition. 17 states and 106 Republican members of the House answered the call. This has got to be a week that lives in infamy for the Republican Party. I don’t know what we are going to do going forward, but we cannot forget this.

The Republican base’s fundamental belief, the one that Trump used to win them over in the first place, the one that ties the election conspiracy theory to birtherism and to Trump’s sneering attack on the Squad’s citizenship, is that Democratic victories do not count, because Democatic voters are not truly American. It’s no accident that the Trump campaign’s claims have focused almost entirely on jurisdictions with high Black populations.

If You Didn’t Vote for Trump, Your Vote Is Fraudulent

Then fine, leave. You numbskulls can continue to believe that everything that comes out of Trump's mouth is true.

I'll leave my brain intact knowing that I can make individual decisions vs. being force fed disinformation that hasn't held up in district and federal courts throughout the land of no apparent connection.

Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one.

I just want T#V#% to go away and get out of our heads so we can go back to thinking about and talking about serious issues that need to be addressed. The romper room era of American history is over.

I honestly wish everything was moderates. Imagine how much could get done if everyone fell in the middle more or less.

Instead, watch the Senate block the House and progress be stalled. It’s why I want D’s to win in the GA runoff, but not sure how that will fall out.
That's why I subscribe to a vote opposite theory of politics.

Well, the SC just told the Texas to **** off entirely so I guess that's not going to work for them. Guess those conservative judges aren't just going to do Trump's bidding.

1-57 record in cases now - but hey, they're going to the NBA Finals if you listen to them.

Last edited: