What's new

Trump's Coup Attempt

There are so many nutty claims made by Trump in that call, but it’s notable that he sounds like he truly believes every one of them. So I think the 25th amendment could come into play here, as well as impeachment. He sounds like an insane mob boss. And that’s probably an apt description of who our 45th President was/is, all along....

The letter -- signed by Dick Cheney, James Mattis, Mark Esper, Leon Panetta, Donald Rumsfeld, William Cohen, Chuck Hagel, Robert Gates, William Perry and Ashton Carter -- amounts to a remarkable show of force against Trump's subversion efforts just days before Congress is set to count Electoral College votes.

"Our elections have occurred. Recounts and audits have been conducted. Appropriate challenges have been addressed by the courts. Governors have certified the results. And the electoral college has voted. The time for questioning the results has passed; the time for the formal counting of the electoral college votes, as prescribed in the Constitution and statute, has arrived," the group wrote.

It kind of seems like the only people who are humoring president trumps attempt at a coup are people who have something to gain or lose in regards to president trumps base of voters. Hmmmm, I wonder why those people are humoring his attempted coup when no one else is.
I think trump has indicated something alarming to the military if all 10 former DoD secretaries felt compelled to sign this. I’m guessing that they’ve heard some alarming things and wanted to get a head of whatever Trump might be cooking.

In just the last 48 hours:
1. Most Republicans in the House and at least one dozen in the Senate have shown support for sedition.
2. Trump called the Sec of State of Georgia to bully him into throwing out election results.
3. DoD secretaries have signed a statement clarifying what the military can and cannot be used for.

Ummm.

The lights warning us about threats to our democracy are all flashing.

I mean I know Obama wore a tan suit once. And the email lady shouldn’t have used a private server. AOC once said something mean probably about some wealthy CEO, but ummm both sides aren’t the same.

How to the Trump Acolytes explain this one? I mean seriously I want to hear the rationale. @Joe Bagadonuts care to respond?
You would think they could not do so. But, I believe they will simply say they believe every word of what Trump conveys. Trump sounded like he believed every claim he advanced, and his supporters will likely have no reason to doubt him. They’ll blame the Georgia officials for allowing the election to be stolen.

If Republicans controlled the House, would Joe Biden be president later this month? Or would repubs have thrown out election results? Our democracy remains teetering on a precarious edge.

You would think they could not do so. But, I believe they will simply say they believe every word of what Trump conveys. Trump sounded like he believed every claim he advanced, and his supporters will likely have no reason to doubt him. They’ll blame the Georgia officials for allowing the election to be stolen.
They’ll also blame the GA official for being a snitch.

Has anyone heard Donald speak so passionately about covid as he was about overthrowing Georgia’s election results? I mean the closest I can remember was when he was cheerleading the injection of Lysol and sticking a flashlight up your rear as cures for covid.

I just can't quite fathom why this massive and concentrated voter fraud effort only focused on the presidency and allowed Democrats to hedge House seats and lose nearly every swing Senate race. Guess the ol' algorithm didn't work correctly.

As a P.S., hearing MAGA try and explain algorithms and machine rules is an exercise in hilarity as most have no idea how to actually explain it other than Dominion is bad.

I just can't quite fathom why this massive and concentrated voter fraud effort only focused on the presidency and allowed Democrats to hedge House seats and lose nearly every swing Senate race. Guess the ol' algorithm didn't work correctly.

As a P.S., hearing MAGA try and explain algorithms and machine rules is an exercise in hilarity as most have no idea how to actually explain it other than Dominion is bad.
Funny you should mention that:

If Republicans controlled the House, would Joe Biden be president later this month? Or would repubs have thrown out election results? Our democracy remains teetering on a precarious edge.

Exactly. The tragedy in this farce is we're one branch of government away from tossing our democracy in the garbage.

Speaking of which, Trump sounded just like babe on that phone call.

LOL - if you're a glutton for punishment like me and listened to the entire hour there are these hilarious back and forths where Trump is authoritatively and confidently spouting off all these numbers alleging fraud while at the exact same time his lawyer, Cleta Mitchell is admonishing the Georgia officials for not providing them with enough information to do a proper audit of their vote calculations - which begs the question where the **** is Trump getting these numbers in the first place???

Good read...

Tom Nichols has been amazing. He's one of the best to follow on Twitter.

What do you think about his suggestions to not engage those brainwashed by Trump? That the engagement and arguing with them provides them with the much desired "reinforcement" of their own beliefs? They crave legitimacy, so arguing with them provides them with legitimacy. I thought it was interesting.

George Will went off on Cruz, Hawley, and the rest of the objectors today. George Will. Yes, THAT George Will. The guy who basically defined modern conservatism.

Beautiful.

George Will is just a liberal globalist snowflake anti-Trump cuck...

Beautifully written piece. It just goes to show how much the party has shifted to the right... and off a cliff...

George Will went off on Cruz, Hawley, and the rest of the objectors today. George Will. Yes, THAT George Will. The guy who basically defined modern conservatism.

Beautiful.

I like where he pointed out that we now have 3 parties. Democrats, republicans, and trumpers.

Well, i have always said that i hate the 2 party system. Thanks trump!

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app