What's new

Trump's Coup Attempt

The comment I’m quoting is in the Biden administration thread. Having a tough time trying to find the best thread for the thoughts being expressed. But maybe this thread is best, given the most recent events in Brazil…..

It’s interesting that just like our own J6 losers, these losers filmed themselves committing crimes. It’s almost like this is less about legitimate grievances and more about bored and affluent people finding meaning in their lives through grievance and conspiracy.

Yeah, but not really how he intended of course.
Maybe not. I heard him say the day ended in glory because, despite the threats, Congress certified the electoral vote, and that Americans should be proud of that. I would agree with that sentiment, ut perhaps that's not what he intended.

Not sure what thread this belongs in.....

Reactions: Red

Really good piece. As Barr and Durham pressured our allies to dig up dirt for Trump to discredit the Mueller investigation, they turned a blind eye to Trump’s own malfeasance. Imagine the outrage from Fox News if Obama or Biden got their AGs to do this? What would you think of a country that did this? Especially after the country just had an attempted coup?

This is really bad. And what’s worse, they’re going to get away with it. Barr, Durham, and Trump should all be locked up. This is illegal activity. Your democracy cannot survive with the AG acting as a personal sledgehammer for a president who cares more about his own power than the country’s well-being.

“Just so we’re all clear about the nature of the process, the video tapes in question are official government materials. They don’t belong to one member, one party, or one cable channel; they belong to all of us. And yet, there’s the new House speaker, who apparently made a unilateral decision to give one controversial Fox News host exclusive access to 41,000 hours of surveillance footage.

What could possibly go wrong?

Part of the problem with McCarthy’s move is that Carlson lacks credibility on the issue. As Axios’ report noted, Carlson has “repeatedly questioned official accounts of 1/6, downplaying the insurrection as ‘vandalism.’” CNN’s report added, “[H]e has devoted significant airtime to the false claim that liberal ‘deep state’ partisans within the FBI orchestrated the insurrection as a way to undermine former President Donald Trump. He has conducted sympathetic interviews with some of the rioters who were subsequently charged by the Justice Department.”

To give such a media personality exclusive access, presumably to allow him to create a counter-narrative that will challenge the reality of the insurrectionist violence, is ridiculous”

Sunshine is the best disinfectant. We the people paid for this investigation and we the people should be able to see the evidence our investigation unearthed.

View: https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status/1627783256287375361

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN!!!!
Yeah, not a single normal person wears any kind of device in their ear, literally the only people who do that are secret FBI insurrection agents. Have we learned nothing from movies or TV? It is right in our face all the time!!

A little more video evidence that the federal government faked the whole thing on 1-6

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN!!!!
Yeah, not a single normal person wears any kind of device in their ear, literally the only people who do that are secret FBI insurrection agents. Have we learned nothing from movies or TV? It is right in our face all the time!!
True! It could be absolutely anybody. That is why all material should be released to everyone. It is well past time to put weaponized autism to work on this material. If he's a Proud Boy, they'll find him. If he's an FBI agent, they'll find him. All of this secrecy is a breeding ground for conspiracy theory. Open it all up. Let the freakishly talented online sleuths figure out who did what.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN!!!!
Lol. All that video tells me for sure is that there were people at a place where they shouldn't have been. Which I already knew. Trump shouldn't have promoted his lie about the election being stolen and the idiots shouldn't have believed it. All info we all already know.
Its interesting that people want to spin january 6th to place blame elsewhere but it all boils down to people being lied to by trump, believing the lie trump told and then heading to a place they dont belong to do something about the lies they were told.

Sunshine is the best disinfectant.
I agree. The footage should be available to all media outlets, not one program. I'm sure you agree with this too, even though you didn't say so.

We the people paid for this investigation and we the people should be able to see the evidence our investigation unearthed.
That looks more like a hearing aid than an earpiece. However, I agree that guy should be caught.

Sunshine is the best disinfectant. We the people paid for this investigation and we the people should be able to see the evidence our investigation unearthed.
But Tucker Carlson is not “we the people”. Which I’m sure was one point I had in mind. Carlson will just cherry pick what will serve his narrative. It will just be one more attempt to hide truth.

Hiding truth seems like something MAGA and Republicans in large part have been putting far more effort into than anything else. Extreme grievance politics, conspiracism, election denialism, prominence granted to MTG, who feels free to advocate secession of red states, unless we actually become a fascist state for the foreseeable future, which I doubt, than History will not be kind to any of this.

Of little concern now, but it still reminds me that the Truth should win out, and will win out, eventually. And all MAGA Republicans, and the McCarthy they control, are doing is enabling themselves and their party to escape accountability. And I’m reasonably sure that’s the effort Carlson will assist. Even as we all know now that he himself knew the Big Lie at the heart of 1/6 was BS.
I just wonder how long such absurdity can go on.

It would have been far better for our nation if Republicans had repudiated Trump. All the denialism, conspiracism, etc, all this they substituted for the simple truth, and acceptance of accountability. Trump could not do that himself. Trump would not do that. It was up to the Republican Party, and they failed our nation when their active help might have help avoid this sundering. A single man’s ego, and the fear of his base, allowed Republicans to sell out their country.

But Tucker Carlson is not “we the people”. Which I’m sure was one point I had in mind. Carlson will just cherry pick what will serve his narrative. It will just be one more attempt to hide truth.
Lol just the Jan 6th committee and you addicts do about everything. Hypocrite.

The only people hiding the truth is your party.

Didn't the Jan 6th committee who had a surprise witness lie about Trump grabbing a steering wheel that hypocrites like @Red stayed silent on have access to these videos? Why didn't they release them?

Ohh, that's because they cherry picked exactly what they wanted @Red the actual cultist to see to manipulate and feed his Trump addiction. He's not smart enough to see his double standards. He is a hypocrite in every aspect of his political view. The Jan 6th committee could have released these videos but they chose not to because they know low IQ people like red will believe anything. A true cultist. The only party, literally hiding these videos is @Red and his cult party. Funny how the cultist blames Carlson though, not the ones that actually hid this video evidence from the public which is Reds cult party.

You know what would be nice Red? Hearing both sides of the story not just yours and your fabricated propaganda.

Last edited: