What's new

Truth about knee injuries

This is up my alley.

I work a lot with athletes even from a young age to jump, land, run and cut correctly. I think it is very important. It is also important to train in the weight room to be better at those things, train the right muscle groups properly and build a solid core.

This is up my alley.

I work a lot with athletes even from a young age to jump, land, run and cut correctly. I think it is very important. It is also important to train in the weight room to be better at those things, train the right muscle groups properly and build a solid core.
So do you agree with the video?

Yep, that was hard to get past. Its not a well done video. Its also not new information. Its pretty widely known and coached.

Hmm.. then why do DWade and DRose still do it that way? Also Dennis Smith is a young player you'd think he would have been coached with this kind of new info.

Hmm.. then why do DWade and DRose still do it that way? Also Dennis Smith is a young player you'd think he would have been coached with this kind of new info.

I dont know that they do or dont. I dont watch them enough. A few clips from some random guy doesnt really convince me that is always the case. It is also easier to practice then it is to use in game. Some players choose not to. Genetics can play a factor as well. Some players struggle to move certain ways so they do it the way they are good at. Some players are not coached that way or were coached wrong and choose to believe something someone incorrectly told them like a high school coach told them. Some dont pay attention or care. There are a million reasons.

Id like to go on shark tank, and when cuban starts being critical ill quip "And why'd you draft Dennis Smith Jr over Donovan Mitchell?"

This is up my alley.

So as a pro, do you believe that core is a real thing or a made up thing?

So as a pro, do you believe that core is a real thing or a made up thing?
Core, is simply an easy term to use for a slew of muscles across various areas, usually your the area from your chest to the bottom of your abdomen. It's use gets used I'm wildly different ways. It's a nice easy word to use for describing bring strong in certain areas.

So it's real in some ways but it's not a specific or even defined term. I use the term with my athletes but I've talked to them enough about what I'm looking for when I say it, that they know what to do.