What's new

TULT

I had a perfect post for TULT but now I can't find it, but this seems pretty TULT-worthy, it sort of reminds me of someone around here, but at least this guy is following proper channels:

IN GOD, UNDER GOD

LINK

For the love of God.

The second of seven religious name changes planned by a Zion man -- from In God We Trust to One Nation Under God -- was approved Friday by Lake County Associate Judge Helen Rozenberg.

One Nation Under God, who was known as Steve Kreuscher before he made his first name change in 2008, said his next name will be 777, a sequence significant in Christianity.

Under God came to court in Waukegan armed with a list of various name changes allowed around the country, should he have needed them to convince the judge. He didn't. Rozenberg had said last week that she wanted to research the legality of the change before granting it.

Under God, 59, said he's making the name changes to draw attention to the need for the Christian "unity" America had in the 1950s and because of the loss of "religious freedoms" in the United States, including school prayer.

He also said he expects the name changes to give him some notice as an artist.

"People still call me Steve, which is fine with me," Under God said. "My boss calls me In God (now his former first name)." He said he doesn't know if he will now be called One Nation (his new first name) at work....

...After leaving court Friday, Under God went to the Illinois secretary of state's office in Waukegan to get his name changed on his driver's license. The entire process will cost him more than $500, including about $300 in court fees, he said.

Under God, a slight, soft-spoken man, declined to say where he worked or what he did for a living, but he did say his name changes and artwork have gained support and respect in the community. "Hardly anyone teases me," he said.

After 777, Under God said he wants to change his name to What Would Jesus Do, No Cross No Crown, Thermado Zattersof and, finally, Angelico Zioneero.

next up in TULT: Thermado Zattersof and Angelico Zioneero, because quite frankly, I have no idea what those mean. Well, maybe Angel of Zion??? But the first one is a total mystery.

something for everybody in the art world's latest movement

Character invention Stan Murmur uses established conceptual art practice and visual perception to evoke an individualized viewer experience. His provocative body-based works explore the human condition, issues of public concern and the role of artist in today's society.
https://www.buttprintart.com/index.htm

Guess these guys would be the epitome of "bottom feeders"

https://www.acluva.org/docket/pleadings/murmer_complaint.pdf at least they won the case for him!

images
butterfly(4).jpg
poppies.jpeg

October 4, 2007
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

School Board Fired Teacher for Paintings Produced on His Own Time, Group Says

Richmond, VA - Lawyers for the ACLU of Virginia today filed a lawsuit in federal court in Richmond to challenge the dismissal of Stephen Murmer, a Chesterfield County high school art teacher, who was fired over paintings he produces and sells on his own time. Murmer, who uses his buttocks and other parts of his body to transfer paint onto canvasses, lost his job last December after a video of him demonstrating his technique surfaced on YouTube.com.

"The government has limited power to interfere with our private affairs, especially when those affairs are perfectly legal and protected by the First Amendment," said ACLU of Virginia Executive Director Kent Willis. "We do not believe Chesterfield has the right to fire a teacher for engaging in legitimate creative activities at his own expense and on his own time."
https://www.aclu.org/free-speech/aclu-virginia-challenges-dismissal-censored-art-teacher

American Civil Liberties Union of Virginia, News Release - March 7, 2008
Fired Art Teacher Wins $65,000 Settlement from Chesterfield County School Board
ACLU says First Amendment Rights Vindicated

Chesterfield County, VA — The ACLU of Virginia today announced that it has reached an agreement with the Chesterfield County School Board in the case of former Monacan High School art teacher Stephen Murmer. Murmer was fired in January 2007 for creating paintings rendered by transferring paint from his body onto canvasses. The paintings were produced at Murmer’s own expense and during his private time away from work.

"I am glad the School Board saw fit to pay Mr. Murmer about two years’ salary to compensate him for the harm he suffered,” said ACLU of Virginia cooperating attorney Tim Schulte. “I only wish that the students at Monacan High would also be compensated for the loss of an exemplary teacher who was brave enough to stand on principle."

COW BACKPACKS

mooving on to another member of the animal kingdom...

images

https://www.physorg.com/news135003243.html

In an attempt to understand the extent of cow flatulence on global warming, scientists in Argentina are strapping plastic bags to the backs of cows to capture their emissions.

Argentina has more than 55 million cows, making it a leading producer of beef. In the study, the scientists were surprised to discover that a standard 550-kg cow produces between 800 to 1,000 liters of emissions, including methane, each day.

Can you imagine seeing a herd of these cows grazing in the pasture - - they look like they should be floating away....

these are much more stylish, I can even see a cow taking this one back to school...
Cow-methane-study1.jpg

this in in England, definitely shows the English restraint as compared to the Argentinian exuberance!

Last edited:
I almost posted this as its own thread, but then decided it probably wasn't interesting enough to warrant it. Still kinda fun, though. It's a survey that was conducted to test the religious knowledge of Americans. Not surprisingly, we're pretty terrible.

https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_rel_religious_literacy_poll

Fun things to note:

-Atheists and agnostics apparently know the most about religion on average. Not surprising to me at all.

-Catholics apparently know the least (my mother is Catholic, I must remember to rub this in her face the next time I phone her)

-On questions about Christianity, Mormons scored the highest.

Anyway, being that religion is my field of study, I always find stuff like this entertaining.

I almost posted this as its own thread, but then decided it probably wasn't interesting enough to warrant it. Still kinda fun, though. It's a survey that was conducted to test the religious knowledge of Americans. Not surprisingly, we're pretty terrible.

https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_rel_religious_literacy_poll

Fun things to note:

-Atheists and agnostics apparently know the most about religion on average. Not surprising to me at all.

-Catholics apparently know the least (my mother is Catholic, I must remember to rub this in her face the next time I phone her)

-On questions about Christianity, Mormons scored the highest.

Anyway, being that religion is my field of study, I always find stuff like this entertaining.

I just took that quiz and got...
You answered 15 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 100%.
haha It says I scored better than 99% of the public. You know there's a serious problem when even I, Archie Moses, out score anyone in the public let alone 99% of them.

Thanks for posting.

+1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLWIkJfAYK8

One of the craziest stunts I've ever seen. The guy seriously misses hitting the side of the cliff by a few feet.

Seriously, this is a pretty interesting link, you might even call it useful. You can use it to find out the weather just about anywhere in the world, plus you can use it to find out sunrise and sunset times for anywhere on any date.

https://www.timeanddate.com/
https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=80

I thought this was kind of cool, for instance I learned that:
Days in Quito, Ecuador (near the equator) seem to be always just over 12 hours long
Days in Mexico City range from 13-1/4 hours in June to just under 11 hours in December
Days in Chicago range from 15-1/4 hours in June to just over 9 hours in December
Days in Edmonton range from just over 17 hours in June to about 7-1/2 hours in December.

Anyhow, if you're planning a trip somewhere, it might come in handy.

ok, the above post is/was serious...

as is this one, albeit in a much less erudite fashion
(unless you're perhaps one of the Jesuits who's been studying this issue for the past 15 years...)

THE VATICAN DECLARES THAT HOMER AND BART ARE CATHOLIC

https://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101019/od_nm/us_simpsons

...The newspaper cited a study by a Jesuit priest of a 2005 episode of the show called "The Father, the Son and the Holy Guest Star". That study concludes that "The Simpsons" is "among the few TV programs for kids in which Christian faith, religion and questions about God are recurrent themes."

The Simpsons pray before meals, and "in its own way, believes in the beyond," the newspaper quoted the Jesuit study as saying.

It's the second time the animated U.S. TV series, which is broadcast in 90 countries, has been praised by the Vatican.

But executive producer Al Jean told Entertainment Weekly on Monday he was in "shock and awe" at the latest assertion, adding that the Simpsons attend the "Presbylutheran" First Church of Springfield.

"We've pretty clearly shown that Homer is not Catholic," Jean said. "I really don't think he could go without eating meat on Fridays -- for even an hour."

if perhaps nothing else, this should prove that Catholics have at least as much diversity in their beliefs as any other religion!

Link to another discussion elsewhere on Jazzfanz

SOURCE

More Americans Now Believe Humans Evolved Without God
According to a new Gallup poll, the number of Americans who believe humans evolved without the involvement of a higher power has risen.

Reports Raw Story:

ince 1982, the number of Americans believing that humans evolved over millions of years increased by seven percentage points.
The current figure - 16 percent - has trended upwards since 2000.

At the same time, the number of our fellow countrymen who believe God guided the process of human evolution has not changed (38%), and the number of those who reject human evolution full stop, believing that God created humans in present form, has only declined 4 percentage points (to 40%). "These views have been generally stable over the last 28 years....[T]hese shifts have not been large, and the basic structure of beliefs about human beings' origins is generally the same as it was in the early 1980s," according to the report.

Unsurprisingly, there's a strong partisan element to these beliefs:

More Republicans (52 percent) than Democrats (34 percent) and Independents (34 percent) tend to hold a creationist view, the report noted. More Democrats (40 percent) and Independents (39 percent) than Republicans (36 percent) hold an evolutionist view.

"Americans' attitudes about almost anything can and often do have political consequences," the report said. "Views on the origins of humans are no exception. Debates and clashes over which explanations for human origins should be included in school textbooks have persisted for decades."

By Lauren Kelley | Sourced from AlterNet
Posted at December 20, 2010, 11:06 am

Oldie but a goodie...so good...watching the people in the audience is the best.

I just took that quiz and got... haha It says I scored better than 99% of the public. You know there's a serious problem when even I, Archie Moses, out score anyone in the public let alone 99% of them.

Thanks for posting.

+1

I only got 12/15. Archie Moses > Duck Rodgers.

Last edited: