What's new

Tweets from Jazzland

Just spent 30 minutes watched 'highlights' on Kanter/Burks/Favors and I can say I am more excited than I have been in a long time.

My biggest fear... Corbin falls into Sloan's pattern and goes with the Vets.

I would rather win 20 games and get these young kids experience vs. win 35 games and play the vets.

Please do your best to help others understand this.

If I could neg rep you I would.....but I'll wait. And hopefully I won't forget....

I laughed. All in good fun ..

UNC = claiming Helms titles trying to be more relevant
UK = cheaters
Duke = gay

That's the bashing that goes around, no?

Greg Miller

GreginUtah- Jazz fans. Bad news is we lost a lot of things due to the lockout. Good news, one of those things was not my goatee. #GoJazz!

My guess is Hayward is separating himself as the starting 3. The extra 15 lbs will allow him to hold his ground better against the bigger SFs who could just bulldoze him last season. Overall I think he will be a weak link defensively there, but it might be in team's best interest so Burks can get some real minutes at SG.

Greg Miller

GreginUtah- Jazz fans. Bad news is we lost a lot of things due to the lockout. Good news, one of those things was not my goatee. #GoJazz!
This is most distressing.

It's become the new mullet, but before it was ironically popularized.

Greg Miller

Phew! 14 year old boys all over the valley are breathing a sigh of relief; their mentor and facial-hair maestro is still leading the way.

I don't know which discussion to ask my question in. Is anybody following Locke's 10 min videos? This morning he talked about Bell winning the starting job so far in camp in his opinion. My question is does Bell really have enough left in the tank to beat out all the young guys? IF he does have that much left then this team ought to be pretty dang good.

Please do your best to help others understand this.
What I'm trying to get you to understand is regardless of what you want Ty is not going to just blatantly play the rookies just to get them minutes. By making them earn their minutes they are being taught winning intangibles. When you lose you stop runing the offense, when you lose you stop playing defense. After a while you go through the motions, and when the rookie contracts are up they will leave for greener pastures.

I don't want to be the damn Clippers! Let the young guys grow into there role, get a tast of winning.

People keep bringing up OKC.... There is two huge differences between them and the Jazz, 1) they got very lucky Durant fell into their lap. 2) they had no one else to play, no one that was established. This team has Harris, Jefferson, Millsap, Memo (they say he is healthy). Hayward and Favors will get their minutes. They have been through their growing, pains payed their dues, and will continue till they reach their peak.

I don't know which discussion to ask my question in. Is anybody following Locke's 10 min videos? This morning he talked about Bell winning the starting job so far in camp in his opinion. My question is does Bell really have enough left in the tank to beat out all the young guys? IF he does have that much left then this team ought to be pretty dang good.

Either that, or they all stunk so bad Bell beat them out? I hope it's not that option. Plus, I generally don't trust Locke and his two handed hunks of love.

What I'm trying to get you to understand is regardless of what you want Ty is not going to just blatantly play the rookies just to get them minutes. By making them earn their minutes they are being taught winning intangibles. When you lose you stop runing the offense, when you lose you stop playing defense. After a while you go through the motions, and when the rookie contracts are up they will leave for greener pastures.

I don't want to be the damn Clippers! Let the young guys grow into there role, get a tast of winning.

People keep bringing up OKC.... There is two huge differences between them and the Jazz, 1) they got very lucky Durant fell into their lap. 2) they had no one else to play, no one that was established. This team has Harris, Jefferson, Millsap, Memo (they say he is healthy). Hayward and Favors will get their minutes. They have been through their growing, pains payed their dues, and will continue till they reach their peak.

Agree, I've been saying the same thing for months. Jazz have a great opportunity to evaluate, install, and foster a winning culture in the same season.

Hayward's experience last year coupled with his offseason work, and great training camp, should solidify his starting job. I see the need to start Bell, short-term: however, Burks will be the starter either by mid-season or within a couple of weeks from the start of the season. Bell's body is breaking down, and Corbin will rotate Harris to the 2 on occasion, but, Burks could end up with the most minutes at 2 when all is said and done.