What's new

Two Trade Idea

I also think favors would be a perfect on Milwaukee's roster.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

If we had to take Delly to get Brogdon are we in?

I kind of feel like he’s underused there but have not watched enough. Seems like a smart ball player and I think he’d be a great fit with DM.

If we had to take Delly to get Brogdon are we in?

I kind of feel like he’s underused there but have not watched enough. Seems like a smart ball player and I think he’d be a great fit with DM.
Dellie and Brogdon for Favors is about as even of a trade as you can find out there. They get a center, lose a promising PG but shed precious cap. We use an expiring to get a better long term fit in the backcourt next to Mitchell while talking an overpriced PG vet.

The only way we do this trade is if Rubio is gone though.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Ughhh,

I don’t think I’ve made a trade post.

I like Favors...
But:
Favors
Burks

For
Kaminsky
Batum

???

No bueno. Trading for a 29year old averaging 10pts and has 4 years on his contract with a player option for 27mil in the final year.

So I'm back to creating ideas. What about these two trades:

First --- Rubio and Hood
to Sacramento for Hill and their 2018 1st

Then

Favors and our 1st
to Milwaukee for Jabari Parker and Delly

End result:

We lose Rubio, Favors, Hood and our first for Hill, Parker, Delly and Sacramento's 1st. We get our PF of the future, get a better PG next to DM and bump up in the draft a few spots.

Thoughts?

I don’t think the Kings do that. They’ll have a really high draft pick this year with some new exciting young guys going in the draft this year and they already have their SG of the future in Buddy Heild.

I don’t think the Kings do that. They’ll have a really high draft pick this year with some new exciting young guys going in the draft this year and they already have their SG of the future in Buddy Heild.

Exactly and a roster that can’t shoot so Rubio is a no go for them.

They will not trade their pick this year... in part because they can’t. They owe a 2019 pick.

Rubios trade market is basically Phoenix or nothing. Maybe the clippers but it would just be bad salary swap.

My prediction is Favs gets moved. Rubio stays but by year end is either playing better or coming off the bench. He needs to have some self awareness and realize he just isn’t a starting point guard on a winning team. So lead the cellar dwellers or come off the bench.

What would be cool would be to help facilitate a boogie to Wizards trade where we are able to get Beal or Otto but the pelicans are playing good so I don’t know if that would work, and maybe Washingtons owners are willing to put up the money for all 4 of them so it might not be an option anyways. I was thinking though if they got Hood and Boogie for Beal and Gortat that might be tempting for them. I think Beal would be awesome to have next to Mitchell running point. But again, these are fun thoughts and not reality. And I’m aware that is an incomplete trade, there’d have to be more peices moving, but I don’t have time to get into that rn.

What would be cool would be to help facilitate a boogie to Wizards trade where we are able to get Beal or Otto but the pelicans are playing good so I don’t know if that would work, and maybe Washingtons owners are willing to put up the money for all 4 of them so it might not be an option anyways. I was thinking though if they got Hood and Boogie for Beal and Gortat that might be tempting for them. I think Beal would be awesome to have next to Mitchell running point. But again, these are fun thoughts and not reality. And I’m aware that is an incomplete trade, there’d have to be more peices moving, but I don’t have time to get into that rn.

Washington is in luxury tax he’ll and it is about to get worse. I’d say Beal and Wall are untouchable and outside of a Boogie trade that Porter is untouchable right now, but... if they don’t get out of the luxury tax this season (by shedding 6M in salary) they will face repeater tax which will crush them financially. This is the first year they have ever been in luxury tax, so it isn’t like they are big spenders. In 2020 they will almost have to unload Porter for less expensive pieces.

That is unless they can move Ian Mahimi. It is an almost unloveable contract... would cost at least two first rounders or Oubre and a first. I think they might settle for moving Gortat. If we sent Neto and Favs for Gortat, Satoransky and their 2018 pick it would move them about to about 3 M from the luxury tax threshold and they could get under next year to avoid the repeater tax. They would still have some work to do but a minor move would get them there.

They other deal I would propose is like the nets Celtics trade... Favs for Ian and a first in 2018, swap rights in 2019, and 2020 pick unprotected.

They could then move Satoransky in a separate move to get under tax and they would clear enough room to keep Oubre.

I’m not sure how desperate they are but they are one team we should be talking with in the regular.

Exactly and a roster that can’t shoot so Rubio is a no go for them.

They will not trade their pick this year... in part because they can’t. They owe a 2019 pick.

Rubios trade market is basically Phoenix or nothing. Maybe the clippers but it would just be bad salary swap.

My prediction is Favs gets moved. Rubio stays but by year end is either playing better or coming off the bench. He needs to have some self awareness and realize he just isn’t a starting point guard on a winning team. So lead the cellar dwellers or come off the bench.
Forgot they have already traded their 2019 pick.

Overall, I think Sacramento takes Rubio over Hill in a heartbeat because Hill has failed there and Hill makes $4-5 million more than Rubio this and next year.

As for Hood, I think Sacramento would love to have him.

Forgot they have already traded their 2019 pick.

Overall, I think Sacramento takes Rubio over Hill in a heartbeat because Hill has failed there and Hill makes $4-5 million more than Rubio this and next year.

As for Hood, I think Sacramento would love to have him.

They might... I just think the three team deal where we send Rubio to Phoenix, and Phoenix sends Dudley (and expirings for cap reasons) to Sacramento makes a little more sense.

I get the feeling from Locke that Hill wasn't a great locker room guy, but I also swear I heard him gush about the guy last year. I don't know if the exit was pretty, but as long as the locker room situation isn't too bad I would much rather have Hill right now.

They might... I just think the three team deal where we send Rubio to Phoenix, and Phoenix sends Dudley (and expirings for cap reasons) to Sacramento makes a little more sense.

I get the feeling from Locke that Hill wasn't a great locker room guy, but I also swear I heard him gush about the guy last year. I don't know if the exit was pretty, but as long as the locker room situation isn't too bad I would much rather have Hill right now.
Hill makes more basketball sense since the emergence of Mitchell. Rubio, though, seems to mesh well with Mitchell and others in the locker room sense.

I would only get Hill if we gain another asset, even a minor one, in the process. Even if we just had the option to switch spots. Hill is a terrible contract this year and next.

Hill is a terrible contract this year and next.

Which really doesn't matter (outside of the opportunity cost of a possibly better way to use that cap).

I think your trades are too tilted in the Jazz's favor/bad for the other team. I think getting just a pick swap out of the Kings and sending expiring salary + Hood is asking too much. But I like this conversation about Hill.

Which really doesn't matter (outside of the opportunity cost of a possibly better way to use that cap).

I think your trades are too tilted in the Jazz's favor/bad for the other team. I think getting just a pick swap out of the Kings and sending expiring salary + Hood is asking too much. But I like this conversation about Hill.
So 2 proven starters (Rubio and Hood) for a guy who is struggling and already rumored to be unnecessary (Hill) and a pick swap is too much for us?

So 2 proven starters (Rubio and Hood) for a guy who is struggling and already rumored to be unnecessary (Hill) and a pick swap is too much for us?

Considering they aren't in cap hell, don't need a (crappy) PG, and losing a lottery pick? Yes.

I of course would be thrilled to be wrong.

Another idea... this again rides on the idea that Phoenix would want Rubio and that they still had interest in Favs (rumors were they liked him last year)

Utah Out: Favs, Rubio, Joe Johnson
Utah In: Clarkson, KCP

Phoenix Out: Monroe
Phoenix In: Rubio Favs

LAL Out: Clarkson, KCP
LAL In: Joe Johnson, KCP

I assume LA would buy out JJ, but this gets Clarkson off the books. KCP isn't coming back to them next year no matter what. Clarkson seems to have a slightly negative value around the league even though he has played really well.

We may have to sweeten the deal for Phoenix or substitute Ricky with AB, but I think its workable.

We may be able to keep KCP. He won't come with bird rights so the most we could offer him is 4/90, which I would guess gets it done. I think he's an excellent fit next to DM... I don't think he is a better offensive player than Hood as Hood can create his own shot, but he is more durable and a really good defender. Would give us some Hood insurance.

If LA is convinced they can get two max players next year this gets them close enough I believe... they may have to waive and stretch Deng still to get there, but if LBJ and PG said they would come one could take a slight haircut and the LAL could afford to take the financial hit with Deng.

I don't see any scenario where they would swap picks with us. Hood is redundant with their young guys... they Hield, Bojan, Justin Jackson, Richardson all that can play minutes at the two. Plus they have Garrett Temple (a vet they'd like to keep happy).

I'm not sure they'd do Rubio for Hill straight up... I think it is an awful fit for them. I know they would not do Hood for a pick swap.

I agree here... a Rubio for Hill swap is a win for us... only costs us $4M in cap space next year. We don't really have cap space next year... that is a bit of a myth that some continue to believe.