What's new

Ty Lawson

Max per Year Salary on a 4-year contract for RFA Ty Lawson?

• $10mm

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • $11mm

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • $12mm

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • $13mm

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • $14mm

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
b) how are his assists not higher, seeing as he plays in one of the best offenses in the NBA. More worried about the second one, personally.
Andre Miller played 27.4 minutes per game for the Nuggets last season (6.7 apg)

Give him what he wants. Just get him here. Or offer CP3 the max and convince him it would be really cool if he won a ring with D Wills old team. Maybe Jeff Teague would make a good fit. Oh man I want a good young point

Could have had Kyle Lowry for a future first & a bag of dog ****.

(GVC better hurry up and fix that to Al Jefferson)

I'm not a fan of Collison but he and Mo could make a good tandem. I'm not fully sure but I think Dallas actually has a max cap hold on Brand and the Jazz could make a toxic offer early and force Dallas' hand on releasing Brand or signing him under Brand's terms to remove the cap hold.

I think Mo will do fine at point guard though. When you look at how stacked the league is with guards, it may not be worth paying into the top ten when the difference won't be as meaningful as the price suggests.

Could have had Kyle Lowry for a future first & a bag of dog ****.

(GVC better hurry up and fix that to Al Jefferson)

Yeah Lowry would have been nice. I can't believe he went that cheap

The pick the Raptors gave up for Lowry is protected to ensure that it's a lottery pick (unless the Raptors shock the world and make the playoffs each of the next 3-4 years. It could be a pretty valuable pick. It's not a typical pick that could fall anywhere in the first round.

The pick the Raptors gave up for Lowry is protected to ensure that it's a lottery pick (unless the Raptors shock the world and make the playoffs each of the next 3-4 years. It could be a pretty valuable pick. It's not a typical pick that could fall anywhere in the first round.

Lowry is probably worth a 7-10 pick for his production now.

No way he gets the max but 10 mil for 5 years total 50m is enough

New CBA only allows 4 year deals on FA's, & five year deals for teams signing with birds rights. That tips the signing advantage to Denver.

I think Mo will do fine at point guard though. When you look at how stacked the league is with guards, it may not be worth paying into the top ten when the difference won't be as meaningful as the price suggests.
This.
I think PG is the one spot where you really dont need to shell out the huge money. The diference from top to bottom on PG, while there is a gap, isnt as big as the money shows...A decent PG with a star or two else where is the way to go, IMO

i'm kind of undecided about lawson...

BUT...

i can't believe how easily people here were throwing 10-12 million at him and balking at the same figure for paul millsap.

Huh?

Lawson is a max guy, or near max guy?

He's pretty good, but how in the hell would it be justified to pay him over 10 mil a year? Especially now that the new CBA rules will be taking affect?

What have I missed here? Did he just get way better over night?

I can't see the Jazz paying him anywhere near what you guys think he'll be getting.

yeah i guess that's my thing. lawson is interesting, but i guess i want my max PG to do a little more than 17 points and 7 assists per 36 minutes, with not a lot on the defensive end.

yeah, it's interesting, but it still addresses just one area of his game -- penetration. i don't really need an 1800-word article and a multi-camera study to tell me that lawson is one of the best penetrating guards in the business. he's still not a top 10 PG in overall terms.

Except you could just as easily use that argument to suggest that the Jazz should desperately be trying to get a PG since they are and will be quite over-matched at the position on average.

Just as Mo won't be the answer after this year, overpaying Lawson isn't the solution, either (which is the nature of the game as an RFA). But we're a year away. I'm more confident that Lawson will be worth overpaying than Mo will be oversigning. My thought is the solution won't come from either of those players.