What's new

Update - November 2017

I don't think the filter is working. Hopefully this isn't too bad a word that I get in trouble...

Fixed. And if anyone wants to see the swears, go to your PREFERENCES and turn them back on.

What's the deal with well known member, contributor and that stuff?

Contributor is just the former PREMIUM MEMBER status. Those that donated in the past. It's in the lower right of the page.

As for Well-Known Member and New Member and such, that's just based on trophy points. How many posts and likes and such will move you up the list. Currently Well-Known Member is the highest but we could adjust it. Contributors can change their custom title from one of these values to anything they want. On the old site it was just Junior Member, Member, Senior Member.

@Jason, I did not get an alert when you @ me, despite having it enabled.

By the way, I am so-so on the desktop version. The main page is a bit cluttered, and the posts pages have too much empty space on the sides. The avatar icons are too small. And it sucks that we lost rep and dislike.

The mobile version looks absolutely fabulous. It couldn't look better.

Welcome to the newly remodeled JazzFanz.com.

It's not going to be smooth-sailing as I'm still working through kinks and various issues so please stick with me. Please post any issues or questions here and I'll do my best to address them.

You'll notice a few things changed A LOT and I'll get explanations of those as we get more settled (e.g. reputation has been removed and replaced with likes and trophies, profile messaging added to post your "status", removal of features which may or may not be temporary, etc.). More to come with all this.

For now, let me know of any issues and I'll resolve those first.

Thanks!
looks like my editing function is no longer. I'm a bad typist......

Welcome to the newly remodeled JazzFanz.com.

It's not going to be smooth-sailing as I'm still working through kinks and various issues so please stick with me. Please post any issues or questions here and I'll do my best to address them.

You'll notice a few things changed A LOT and I'll get explanations of those as we get more settled (e.g. reputation has been removed and replaced with likes and trophies, profile messaging added to post your "status", removal of features which may or may not be temporary, etc.). More to come with all this.

For now, let me know of any issues and I'll resolve those first.

Thanks!
hey, my "trophy" points and comments just look phony. Like all originating by some spam generated, flooding my page all with the exact same timestamp......

Is the collection of Jazz related tweets gone? That was a great way of reading Jazz related stuff without having to follow them to clog up my timeline on my own Twitter.

Okay, found that link. Is it going to be an external link from here on out?

Also, have yet to find the edit post button...

Biggest negative to report is that the borders of everything aren't defined well enough. Hard for me to parse out the signature from the post, the quote block from the actual contribution.

I'd like a bit more contrasting gray scale to better differentiate those things.

Okay, found that link. Is it going to be an external link from here on out?

Also, have yet to find the edit post button...

Twitter links will likely move back to a more prominent place, perhaps embedded again. Just prioritizing. But yes, for now links to Twitter lists are at the bottom.

Edit post should be back. Let me know.

hey, my "trophy" points and comments just look phony. Like all originating by some spam generated, flooding my page all with the exact same timestamp......
The trophy concept is new for us and likely to change. You got a bunch of trophies at once because it is new and you get backwards credit for rep/likes/time/posts you had before. So it does look like you got a bunch at once, because you did.

As for what trophies exist - all subject to change. But here's a link describing what's available today:

https://jazzfanz.com/help/trophies

And here's a link to current trophy leaders:

https://jazzfanz.com/members/?type=points

As you can see, there's room to grow :)

I'm on an old version of Google Chrome... but it appears there's no link to an activity feed? That kinda sucks...