What's new

UPDATED: 2021 All-Time NBA Draft

Paul Pierce 2005-06
1626923610882.jpeg
In his best season (2005-06), Pierce averaged a career-high 26.8 points, 6.7 rebounds and 4.7 assists per game. During a 14-game stretch from Feb. 4-Mar. 12, he scored 30 points in 13 games — the best such stretch in franchise history.
That stretch also included back-to-back buzzer-beating game-winners against Washington and Philadelphia.

Paul Pierce 2005-06
View attachment 10973
In his best season (2005-06), Pierce averaged a career-high 26.8 points, 6.7 rebounds and 4.7 assists per game. During a 14-game stretch from Feb. 4-Mar. 12, he scored 30 points in 13 games — the best such stretch in franchise history.
That stretch also included back-to-back buzzer-beating game-winners against Washington and Philadelphia.

That’s another guy that usually goes a lot earlier. When I realized I couldn’t draft Draymond Green, I thought about drafting him to play the 4, but ultimately chose to draft Grant Hill and play Magic at the 4. Hill and Magic are better rebounders.

Did it ever get resolved if it’s open-season on trades (across eras)? I’m good if not, but if so then that could change how I would proceed.

Did it ever get resolved if it’s open-season on trades (across eras)? I’m good if not, but if so then that could change how I would proceed.
Haha. I drafted my third best player in the 6th round and is capable of being the best player on an nba finals team. But… I kinda want to hold true to the all different era starting lineup.

We either stick to the eras and each has to have a starter in your lineup or we can trade across eras.

At the point we’re going I think we all should have to have one starter from each era in your starting lineup.

1) He said he was going to update it in the morning.
2) Consensus seems to be yes.
I spent some time thinking about this and trying to figure out how to keep the spirit of drafting from different eras, while still letting the draft function as easily as possible. Things became complicated when we decided to still allow trades like we normally do.

I came up with, what I think is, a pretty fair solution that is easy to work with.

Essentially, you are free to draft and trade anyone you want with two stipulations. . .
#1. You never have more than two players from the same era on your team at one time.
#2. You MUST have one player from each of the 5 eras in your starting lineup and one from each of the 5 eras on your bench.

This makes it super easy to check to see if a trade is legal or not, AND it forces you to still be strategic in who you get - but it allows more freedom to pull off trades to fill out your roster.

Since it seems we have some down time, we should post videos of our players and teams. I love reminiscing about the past. Late 80’s and 90’s are what made me fall in love with basketball. This era is simply a watered down version with less strategy, physicality, rivalries, and storylines. It’s less competitive. In the past stars wanted to beat each other for bragging rights, now they are looking to join each other. This leads to no mistory and the underdogs being able to rise up. I think this is the first time in ages where we had a finals we didn’t really expect.

I feel bad for @Domino and some of you younger fans here that couldn’t experience the 90’s or watch Magic and Birds rivalry unfold. Those were the days to be an NBA fan. Maybe we just need a new bird vs Magic rivalry 2.0 as I feel like interest in the nba is slipping a bit.

I spent some time thinking about this and trying to figure out how to keep the spirit of drafting from different eras, while still letting the draft function as easily as possible. Things became complicated when we decided to still allow trades like we normally do.

I came up with, what I think is, a pretty fair solution that is easy to work with.

Essentially, you are free to draft and trade anyone you want with two stipulations. . .
#1. You never have more than two players from the same era on your team at one time.
#2. You MUST have one player from each of the 5 eras in your starting lineup and one from each of the 5 eras on your bench.

This makes it super easy to check to see if a trade is legal or not, AND it forces you to still be strategic in who you get - but it allows more freedom to pull off trades to fill out your roster.
We shouldn't have to have 5 bench players from different eras I nthe original rules it says we can have our bench players from any era we want only our first 5 picks mist be from separate eras go and read the first post

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

At the point we’re going I think we all should have to have one starter from each era in your starting lineup.
That would be a full-blown rule reversal on something already concretely decided that determined how the draft played out.

Discussing whether we can do trades across eras in an absolute way is seeking an answer not already known, it is in no way comparable to reversing a rule that would change literally the entire complexion of the contest.

We shouldn't have to have 5 bench players from different eras I nthe original rules it says we can have our bench players from any era we want only our first 5 picks mist be from separate eras go and read the first post

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I understand that. I was suggesting that to keep things fair for trading purposes, we should have less rules that are simple to enforce - but still keep you boxed in to a strategy of drafting across the different eras. I was suggesting this more as an adjustment for next year.