What's new

USA Women's Soccer

He’s reasonable about starting a discussion but has not appeared to be reasonable about differing points of view. He acts pretty heavy handed it dismissing them. That’s how I see it.
Not gonna argue against this, but he's capable of finding common ground in a lot of instances.

Unfortunately Shapiro is correct - the Women's World Cup worldwide attracts a fraction of the interest and revenue that the men's World Cup attracts.

I'm not sure how an equal pay argument works when you consider the World Cup in terms of the rest of the world.

Unfortunately Shapiro is correct - the Women's World Cup worldwide attracts a fraction of the interest and revenue that the men's World Cup attracts.

I'm not sure how an equal pay argument works when you consider the World Cup in terms of the rest of the world.

Well that's one way to look at it, FIFA has been banging on for years about how the future of football is women. So they could probably come to the party with a bit more money, especially when you consider that they are probably the most cashed up sporting organisation in the world and a fair chunk of the money generated by footballers that goes to FIFA seems to end up lining the pockets of officials and corrupt 'football politicians' and not grassroots football.

You know i'm looking forward to the next World Cup in Qatar, what a great football country and open welcoming culture. Naturally they've rescinded their promise to allow drinking during the tournament and I'm sure women will not be seen or heard which is a good thing I suppose. How many hundreds of millions did FIFA officials steal in order to ruin the World Cup for fans? FIFA are a ****ing disgrace, they make the IOC look good that's how ****ing corrupt and greedy they are.

Well that's one way to look at it, FIFA has been banging on for years about how the future of football is women. So they could probably come to the party with a bit more money, especially when you consider that they are probably the most cashed up sporting organisation in the world and a fair chunk of the money generated by footballers that goes to FIFA seems to end up lining the pockets of officials and corrupt 'football politicians' and not grassroots football.

You know i'm looking forward to the next World Cup in Qatar, what a great football country and open welcoming culture. Naturally they've rescinded their promise to allow drinking during the tournament and I'm sure women will not be seen or heard which is a good thing I suppose. How many hundreds of millions did FIFA officials steal in order to ruin the World Cup for fans? FIFA are a ****ing disgrace, they make the IOC look good that's how ****ing corrupt and greedy they are.

I still can't believe Qatar are hosting this tournament. Perfect climate and open forward thinking society ..

When it comes to commercial sports, you have to let the market dictate pay.

I'm not really sure how the national team thing works, if it's just a private enterprise or if the government puts up some of the cash to get the national team together, etc. But I feel like for the U.S. National teams, if at all possible, pay should be equal, or the gap narrowed. Especially for the soccer team because the U.S. women are far far better in their field than the U.S. men.

I still can't believe Qatar are hosting this tournament. Perfect climate and open forward thinking society ..

I'm fairly certain most of the big name players will pull out of the tournament, with heat of over 50 degrees and training pitches outside, without shade or aircon most big name players will be "injured". They're also in their wisdom expanding the tournament, i think for 2022, maybe its 2026 can't remember but it will water it down to the point of farce.