What's new

Utah Jazz (5-6) vs Miami Heat (5-6) Tonight! 11/10/20117 7pm MST

What crow am I going to eat?

I think the general consensus is that Hood is not a very good shooter - although he can be streaky. But guess what, this year, Hood is shooting a career low (by far) from the field yet somehow his fg% is significantly better than Mitchell's.

Dude, you're mad I call it how it is. Any person, outside of a homer, would concur Mitchell is shooting extremely poor. Get over it.

Archie, this is third time in the last week that you have deducted from my rep. I thought you're supposed spread this around according to the site rules.

I don't know, man. I think the general expectations of the kid might be too high. Keep in mind, Damian Lillard has never been voted an All Star. It's also hard for Utah to get even one player in the All Star game. I'll hope, too. I just wouldn't bet on it.

I said all star level. Top 30 players in the league or so. Gobert is an all star level player, altho he never officially made the ASG.

I don't think players with DM's swag grow on trees. He's fearless, and he never pouts when his shot isn't falling. By all accounts, he's a very hard worker, and he wants to play good winning basketball. His stroke look beautiful, and he's very athletic. He has good handles and he's strong. He'd be a good player NOW if he picked his shots better. With more experience, I have high hopes for him.

Yes, we know, Archie. While Hood is shooting better, it's not so significantly better. His 3pt % is .339 and Mitchell is .319, his overall % is .373 and Mitchell is .345. I wouldn't call that significant; they're both terrible. But that's not my point. You are obsessed with saying Mitchell can't shoot. You're like a broken record.

On top of that, Mitchell has been the only ray of hope we've had this season but you're doing your best to try to snuff that out. At least most of us recognize that he is not shooting well, but we also see his form, his range, and his potential to be a good shooter, something you never seem to mention.

The quote you quoted me said nothing of Mitchell's shooting.

I said all star level. Top 30 players in the league or so. Gobert is an all star level player, altho he never officially made the ASG.

I don't think players with DM's swag grow on trees. He's fearless, and he never pouts when his shot isn't falling. By all accounts, he's a very hard worker, and he wants to play good winning basketball. His stroke look beautiful, and he's very athletic. He has good handles and he's strong. He'd be a good player NOW if he picked his shots better. With more experience, I have high hopes for him.

It would be hard to make a bet with "all star level" as the factor cause that's so bias (unless you're just using it as a figure of speech.)
I've said, in the past, the thing I like the most about Mitchell is how he demands respect merely off of his demeanor.

It would be hard to make a bet with "all star level" as the factor cause that's so bias (unless you're just using it as a figure of speech.)
I've said, in the past, the thing I like the most about Mitchell is how he demands respect merely off of his demeanor.

Ya, it was a figure of speech. Hard to quantify what all star level means. Nonetheless, I do think he'll be a good efficient player on both ends.

Can't you read?

Stop the crap or I am going to deduct rep on every post you make. You really deserve it for being such a mean-spirited POS.

Apparently, you can't. I'm talking about my response to Siro, in which you jumped in, and got all butt-hurt about his shooting when I was talking about him being an all star.

Quantify how mad you are, sir.

Why do you care? lmao. I get neg reps nearly every day.

I almost never neg rep, and don't often dislike. I express my dislike with an argument. I do express my likes though, because an argument is not needed. Just me. I think it's kind of rude to neg rep unless what the person says is in bad taste. It creates ill-will, I think.

ZpUax0

So I guess it's fair to say that Favors is better when Gobert isn't in his way all the time.
And I bet the same will be true of Gobert without Favors in his way also. Not sure the Jazz can afford to keep both, but they ought to look carefully at how they play them to see if it makes sense to keep them both in Utah.

Glad that Favors has a good game. He’s been overdue. Hopefully he can build off this.