What's new

Utah Jazz (5-6) vs Miami Heat (5-6) Tonight! 11/10/20117 7pm MST

Really wish the Jazz would have at least tried to make a play for Bledsoe. I don't think he's a savior or anything, but having someone who can score tends to be good for a basketball team.

Ricky Rubio's game right now is pretty much the opposite of what teams want their PG to do. Teams love PGs who hit 3s, score at the rim and don't turn the ball over.

I could see Mitchell becoming our PG of the future, or playing along side Exum, as a George Hill on steroids.

Two things that frustrate me a ton about Rubio that showed up this game:

1. He has no floater:
https://stats.nba.com/events/?flag=...title=MISS Rubio 11' Fadeaway Jumper&sct=plot

I dont expect him to go for a layup by Whiteside, but when he gets into the paint around the dotted line and is that unimpeded by any ball-handling pressure, he should have some kind of floater in his arsenal. I really think this would transform Rubio's game.

2. He seems to refuse left handed layups:
https://stats.nba.com/events/?flag=...on=2017-18&title=MISS Rubio 3' Layup&sct=plot

https://stats.nba.com/events/?flag=...&title=MISS Rubio 5' Fadeaway Jumper&sct=plot

I notice he does this a ton, and I'm always amazed when he manages to make it, but he often brings both hands on the ball when driving to the left side of the basket when most players would be attempt left handed layups or inverted right handed layups. Seems like in both these cases he would have a shot at making these, or drawing contact, if he would go up quickly with one hand. This is probably a fools errand tho as he has really bad touch on his strong hand layups. It just amazes me that a guy who seems to have such a good handle with either hand can completely lack the ability to finish with his left.

My bad, I wont make a game thread again. Also I made the game thread and didnt watch the game, blame it on me.

LMAO at the *** holes who slobber all over DMs marbles, yet talk trash about Exum.

Idiots.

Both players have plenty of potential, yet the "what have you done for me lately" crowd can't cope.

Luvin it.

Hard to win a game when you only make 4 baskets in 24 mins of play (that's not one person. Yes, our team only made 4 field goals in the last 2 quarters of the game) lmfao

Well, at least we didn't break the dubious record for least amount of points scored in a half in NBA history.

That record goes to the '79 Clips who scored just 19 in a half.

Hard to win a game when you only make 4 baskets in 24 mins of play (that's not one person. Yes, our team only made 4 field goals in the last 2 quarters of the game) lmfao

That is so ****ed up it defies comprehension.

Dion Waiters needs to go straight to hell for trying to take Rudy's knee out. That was one of the most egregious plays I've seen. Who can we pay to egg his house?

And then who was the arsehole that purposely punched him in the mouth? Bunch of thugs on that team. **** Miami.

?

He had a huge jump from Freshman to Sophomore year. He's a young player who has great form. I'll take form over results early in a player's development 100/100 times. He is going to have a similar jump (and early struggles) in his NBA rookie to sophomore year.

His shooting % drastically went down his sophomore year from his freshman...

His FG% went down because he played a bigger role. His shooting percentages went up. More efficient from 3 and FT line.
His freshman year he shot a whopping 25% from the 3 and raised it to 35% his sophomore year while his overall fg% went down. Basically, his numbers from last night are his exact averages from college - 5/13.

His freshman year he shot a whopping 25% from the 3 and raised it to 35% his sophomore year while his overall fg% went down. Basically, his numbers from last night are his exact averages from college - 5/13.

Look at the shots he's taking. Note the degree of difficulty and how some of them are late in the shot clock. Don't obsess about one or two makes. If Mitchell shot 6/13 everyone would be praising him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kECBrq3sd-o

Mitchell is going to be an all-star level player before the end of his rookie contract. I'd put good money on it.

I don't know, man. I think the general expectations of the kid might be too high. Keep in mind, Damian Lillard has never been voted an All Star. It's also hard for Utah to get even one player in the All Star game. I'll hope, too. I just wouldn't bet on it.

I don't know, man. I think the general expectations of the kid might be too high. Keep in mind, Damian Lillard has never been voted an All Star. It's also hard for Utah to get even one player in the All Star game. I'll hope, too. I just wouldn't bet on it.

Archie, I can't wait for you to eat crow. Why do you keep arguing that Mitchell can't shoot? We've already heard it too many times. Enough is enough. What about Hood? He's supposed to be the shooter on this team, and he's not a rookie. Why don't you rail on about him?

Archie, I can't wait for you to eat crow. Why do you keep arguing that Mitchell can't shoot? We've already heard it too many times. Enough is enough. What about Hood? He's supposed to be the shooter on this team, and he's not a rookie. Why don't you rail on about him?

What crow am I going to eat?

I think the general consensus is that Hood is not a very good shooter - although he can be streaky. But guess what, this year, Hood is shooting a career low (by far) from the field yet somehow his fg% is significantly better than Mitchell's.

Dude, you're mad I call it how it is. Any person, outside of a homer, would concur Mitchell is shooting extremely poor. Get over it.

What crow am I going to eat?

I think the general consensus is that Hood is not a very good shooter - although he can be streaky. But guess what, this year, Hood is shooting a career low (by far) from the field yet somehow his fg% is significantly better than Mitchell's.

Dude, you're mad I call it how it is. Any person, outside of a homer, would concur Mitchell is shooting extremely poor. Get over it.

Yes, we know, Archie. While Hood is shooting better, it's not so significantly better. His 3pt % is .339 and Mitchell is .319, his overall % is .373 and Mitchell is .345. I wouldn't call that significant; they're both terrible. But that's not my point. You are obsessed with saying Mitchell can't shoot. You're like a broken record.

On top of that, Mitchell has been the only ray of hope we've had this season but you're doing your best to try to snuff that out. At least most of us recognize that he is not shooting well, but we also see his form, his range, and his potential to be a good shooter, something you never seem to mention.