What's new

Utah Jazz at Boston Celtics

The 3pt shots were taken either from penetration from Thomas, or because they got good screens and we didnt fight over them. I dont think Exum is stopping Thomas from driving and I dont think he fights through screens all that well. I guess he would have done better than at least Neto, who is painful to watch play defense, but I dont think it makes a difference. There just seemed to be a team wide lack of urgency due to fatigue, both physically and mental. Hayward, who is usually a pretty disciplined defender, let Crowder get two wide open 3s and a blow by for a trip to the FT line on him, which is pretty uncharacteristic of him this year.

Well, I don't think Utah wins with exum, just that his defense can help when we're getting 3s rained down on us. Anyway, haven't had the chance to watch the game yet, so I guess I'll stop commenting until I do.

Having a team that's rested for three days play a team on a back to back isn't good planning. How often does that happen in the league?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Well, I don't think Utah wins with exum, just that his defense can help when we're getting 3s rained down on us. Anyway, haven't had the chance to watch the game yet, so I guess I'll stop commenting until I do.
Exum is pretty bad on offense. His defense is 1000% more effective then Mack or Neto. When point guards start lighting up the Jazz after he's been out is a huge eye opener.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I was wondering why Burks didn't get any PT? I only read the last few pages of the thread. Was there a reason he didn't play? I thought his quickness would help against Boston.

Also, I was very disappointed in Favors letting his man beat him down the floor for uncontested lay-ups several times. He also doesn't seem have any lift right now. He's gotta be far from 100 percent.

I also couldn't believe Horford and Crowder shooting the 3's like they did. It was a career high in 3's for Crowder; I don't know about Horford. But they also said the Celts set a franchise record for 3's.

So far as Exum, I do think he could've helped stop IT's penetration. Why isn't he playing? He was never injured, just knee soreness. I think there's more to this than tendonitis.

Against a team like Boston, we need to pound it inside more and let them foul out their big guys.

Exum is pretty bad on offense. His defense is 1000% more effective then Mack or Neto. When point guards start lighting up the Jazz after he's been out is a huge eye opener.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I know his defensive movement isn't what it was consistently yet but ffs Thomas just went past Mack & Neto like they were statues. You can't tell me that Exum wouldn't have been noticeably better at least slowing him down at least a little and making it harder to shoot / pass over the top of him.

I was wondering why Burks didn't get any PT? I only read the last few pages of the thread. Was there a reason he didn't play? I thought his quickness would help against Boston.

Also, I was very disappointed in Favors letting his man beat him down the floor for uncontested lay-ups several times. He also doesn't seem have any lift right now. He's gotta be far from 100 percent.

I also couldn't believe Horford and Crowder shooting the 3's like they did. It was a career high in 3's for Crowder; I don't know about Horford. But they also said the Celts set a franchise record for 3's.

So far as Exum, I do think he could've helped stop IT's penetration. Why isn't he playing? He was never injured, just knee soreness. I think there's more to this than tendonitis.

Against a team like Boston, we need to pound it inside more and let them foul out their big guys.

maybe they're going to town with the "tendonitis" thing to save him the indignity of DNP - CD's ??

lmao, anyone seeing the drama with Jae Crowder and Boston fans? Dude called out Boston fans for cheering Gordon Hayward and someone on twitter said "Welcome to Boston, love it or leave it" and he responded "I have no problem leaving it".

I feel like the Jazz have taken a step back since guys are getting healthy and they have lost some chemistry. Helps explain why we have been barely getting past bad teams and getting spanked by good teams as of late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good points IMO. Was hoping for a Burks sighting tonight but alas we just escaped a garbage time performance by a few buckets. Also, I can't believe that Lyles didn't get more than five minutes. Seemed like Faves was sucking wind out there and could have used a blow. No excuses though, they were the rested team and looked like it. Overall not a bad performance under the circumstances against the third best team in the East.

One more thing, just had to mention how much more Johnson and Diaw are starting to contribute. Seemed like the second string made the runs that got us back in the ten point range.

lmao, anyone seeing the drama with Jae Crowder and Boston fans? Dude called out Boston fans for cheering Gordon Hayward and someone on twitter said "Welcome to Boston, love it or leave it" and he responded "I have no problem leaving it".

Really? Wow. This dude has already decided that Hayward is signing there and he is on his way out. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk