What's new

Utah Jazz @ Dallas Mavericks Friday 1/27 6:30pm (MT)

Kanter aggressive offense seems mostly ignored, even here. Give the kid some big credit, by the time he was put on the floor the game was in in big time jeopardy. So for the first time ever, he became aggressive on offense. And we get a taste of what this young man can become. Did some comparisons with big Al/Kanter on a per/minute basis. Given 32 minutes a game big Al would average 17.7 & 8.9 boards. Young Kanter would come in at 11.8 points and 11.5 boards. Keep in mind that Al is always the first or second offensive option. While Kanter has never been on anyone's radar. Maybe once a game he would receive the ball and try to make a move on his own, last night he asserted himself repeatedly and i really liked what i saw.

Differing opinions are welcomed and expected.

Also keep in mind production is harder to keep up when playing extended minutes, Al goes against 1st string centers, Kanter was posting up Vince Carter.

I really don't think Kanter would have a snowball's chance in hell scoring on Brendan Haywood at this point.

I loved Kanter's aggressiveness last night. He put up huge numbers considering his minutes. 12 pts. 7 rebounds 1 block, 1 steal in less than 13 minutes. I thought he deserved more minutes. One thing I noticed about Kanter offensively is that he needs to move out just a little more on the block so when he spins he isn't under the backboard. He also needs to develop a little jump hook coming across the lane so he isn't so predictable.

I still don't get why Burks doesn't play more. He hustles on defense and he can create his own shot which is necessary when you play a team like Dallas. If AJ and Howard were not 100 percent then they shouldn't play. There is plenty of depth on the team to compensate for injuries. Overall the performance was pathetic and shockingly the same as in the past. Jazz are not good enough to go through the motions.

This.

Yucca man, whoever you are, all good points. I wasn't saying that the Jazz should have been happy with the loss, just that it was encouraging that Harris, Bell, and Hayward looked good on their jump shots.