What's new

*** Utah Jazz @ Detroit Pistons Wednesday October 28th 5:30 MT Official Game Thread***

I also noticed on a play or two involving Favors/Neto defending the PNR vs. Ilyasova, it seemed like Neto misplayed some possessions. One I clearly remember Favors picking up Jackson and Neto went back to Jackson also when it seems he should have switched to Ilyasova at the 3pt line. IDK if that's how the Jazz want to play it with Neto (later on Neto did fully switch to Ilyasova then switched off him with Hood's man), but I'm sure that's how they would have played it with Exum. Jazz miss Exum because he can actually switch on a small ball 4 and not have it be that big of a problem.

So looking at the numbers it looks like Favors really stood out. What about Hayward? Is this just another one of his slow season starts, was he showing a good attitude at least?

It was one of the games where Hayward lets his frustrations with the reffing kind of take him out of the game.

I mean, he started the game with two straight post-ups on Reggie Jackson. He scored on the first then missed a shot (barely rolled out) at the rim on the 2nd (looked like he might of gotten fouled). Wish we would have gone to that play more instead of just those two starting plays.

It was one of the games where Hayward lets his frustrations with the reffing kind of take him out of the game.

I mean, he started the game with two straight post-ups on Reggie Jackson. He scored on the first then missed a shot (barely rolled out) at the rim on the 2nd (looked like he might of gotten fouled). Wish we would have gone to that play more instead of just those two starting plays.

Well I hope he starts clicking, what Hayward does has a huge impact on the final outcome in games.

So looking at the numbers it looks like Favors really stood out. What about Hayward? Is this just another one of his slow season starts, was he showing a good attitude at least?

I thought Favors could've grabbed more boards.. The team got out rebounded 43-38, thats usually the margin the Jazz out-rebound teams by.

Hayward showed plenty of attitude on defense, He had a great sequence stonewalling Stanley Johnson. On Offense I thought there were a few points in the game where you'd hope your first option would step up and make a play to settle the team, and he didn't really do that. He probably chose a bad game to go 3/6 from the FT line too, those points would've made a huge difference during winning time.

Hayward didn't really close the game well either. He had one pivotal layup, but Burks seemed to beat the defense on that play, which left Hayward with a nice lane to drive right thru (which he did, and finished a decently contested shot)

For about 85% of the game the Jazz played well enough to win, they really slipped up closing out the 3rd quarter, all of a sudden they were playing catch up.

I thought Favors could've grabbed more boards.. The team got out rebounded 43-38, thats usually the margin the Jazz out-rebound teams by.

Hayward showed plenty of attitude on defense, He had a great sequence stonewalling Stanley Johnson. On Offense I thought there were a few points in the game where you'd hope your first option would step up and make a play to settle the team, and he didn't really do that. He probably chose a bad game to go 3/6 from the FT line too, those points would've made a huge difference during winning time.

Hayward didn't really close the game well either. He had one pivotal layup, but Burks seemed to beat the defense on that play, which left Hayward with a nice lane to drive right thru (which he did, and finished a decently contested shot)

For about 85% of the game the Jazz played well enough to win, Trey Burke slipped up closing out the 3rd quarter, all of a sudden they were playing catch up.

fixed.

Where was Whitey yesterday? Maybe he could have made a better job than Gobert guarding Drummond.

Last edited:
I don't like the way the NBA calls this play. They need to give the offensive player a little more leeway. Seems like the O player can make a total commitment to going through an open hole and then the D guy can get in the way. I don't think that is playing defense, it is just taking advantage of the way the play is called. Give the O player an extra half-step or half second, make D player be in position earlier.

It's a dangerous call and they should get rid of it. Illyasova was also leaping out of the restricted area as Gobert gathered so they didn't even call it right. It makes sense if you have good defensive positioning and a guy just creams you but it's too often just defenders jumping in front of an offensive player at the last second.

On the radio they are saying the last play was a foul on Hood. I'm sure this was covered earlier in the forum somewhere but I don't really want to go dig for it. Was it a foul? It actually looked pretty clean to me.

On the radio they are saying the last play was a foul on Hood. I'm sure this was covered earlier in the forum somewhere but I don't really want to go dig for it. Was it a foul? It actually looked pretty clean to me.

official nba report says it was a clean block. Of course i always feel like they will only go against the ref's call if it was an absolutely obvious incorrect call, which is probably fair enough.

official nba report says it was a clean block. Of course i always feel like they will only go against the ref's call if it was an absolutely obvious incorrect call, which is probably fair enough.

I was screaming at the TV when it happened, but after I saw the replay I thought it was the right call.

I was screaming at the TV when it happened, but after I saw the replay I thought it was the right call.

After I saw the replay, it looked like he got some hand, but whether it was after he blocked the shot or before, it was hard to tell. And if it was before or simultaneously, it's a foul, based on hand is part of the ball rule. People often, including refs, misinterpret that rule to fit their own bias.

It looks like Neto and Burke are really playing out for you guys. What did they combine for last night? 10 pts, 5 assists in 35+ min? Oh I am sure the response is going to be "Its one game blah blah too small of a sample size" which is funny since a recently released PG only had 2-3 games in the preseason with little to no playing time for most of you to conclude he is not worthy. In short, Jazz gonna Jazz- this is why you are not a good franchise.
This is why you a douche

It looks like Neto and Burke are really playing out for you guys. What did they combine for last night? 10 pts, 5 assists in 35+ min? Oh I am sure the response is going to be "Its one game blah blah too small of a sample size" which is funny since a recently released PG only had 2-3 games in the preseason with little to no playing time for most of you to conclude he is not worthy. In short, Jazz gonna Jazz- this is why you are not a good franchise.
Such a pleasure hearing from you. I'll bet Cotton is proud to have you as a fan.

(^Yeah, that's sarcasm.)

Edit: I just saw your apology above. Nice. Cotton would be proud.

(^No, that is not sarcasm.)

Last edited: