What's new

Utah Jazz Holiday Story...

WOw. You're an even bigger ******* than I thought you were.

Guy, will you please stop already? Your attempt to constantly internet pick on me is rather rude. Pathetic really. With that being said, it's kinda cute being picked on by a munchkin. Makes me think of the line, "You're an angry elf." Now take your welfare check to the bank and cash it, loser.
Way to ruin a good thread. We just can't have nice things around here without you two numb nuts ruining them.

if anyone wants to hear more from my life of fandom, I would be glad to write more, just let me know...

Brandon

I personally love to hear these types of stories.

BTW: With your love of Fes's jersey, you could be accused of being kicky.

Hey Brandon, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly happened with your back? I think we've all thrown our backs out moving stuff and such, but what was different? Was it something like a disc that got out of whack and then moving around without getting it fixed caused nerve damage?

Cool story. I wondered if this was you (utahquad) when I read this story in the paper. I remember you from the last version of the site. If you don't mind me asking, what is your job that allows you so much money and free time (to travel to away games and get to home games early). Also, what are some interesting stories about getting into the tunnels at away games? How do you do it? Heck, how do you get into the tunnel at home games?

As for stories, I probably have enough to write a book, perhaps my favorite in the last few years though (aside from moments in games) has to be courtesy of Big Fes. I managed to find a game worn jersey of his in the Fanzz store when they put some of the used stuff on the racks. I was the first one in there, and snagged it right off, it was the ONLY one in there. It is quite frankly a tent! Well I decided to have him sign it mid-season last year. Ross Siler was there when Fes signed it, and commented that he thought Fes was gonna flip that someone had one of his jerseys, and wanted it signed. He was right, Fes stopped to chat, and I asked him to sign it, he was shocked and wide eyed when he saw that it was one of his and smiled while asking where I got it. I told him and he was so excited that someone cared enough to have one of his jerseys, AND want it signed. Later on last season I asked him if that was the first one, and he told me at that time at least, that it was the first and ONLY one. When I asked him early this season he also said it was the only one he had done, so I have to assume that I own quite likely the only autographed game worn Kyrylo Fesenko Utah Jazz jersey on earth. The fact that it was the first is certainly VERY special to me. He always runs at me and high fives me, sometimes nearly knocking me out of my chair, or landing on me as he runs towards me, just a big kid with tons of energy.

Thanks for the story, but I have to admit that this one left me feeling a little disappointed. In Sirkickyass. ;-)

Hey Brandon, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly happened with your back? I think we've all thrown our backs out moving stuff and such, but what was different? Was it something like a disc that got out of whack and then moving around without getting it fixed caused nerve damage?

Well It seems that over the years I had stressed things enough times in my back, when I was unloading the old sofa, I blew out 3 discs between T9 and T12 (bottom of the ribcage) as well as C6-7, in the neck. The spinal cord was crushed both places. After two massive surgeries we managed to reduce any additional damage to my upper body, however the lower body is pretty much useless. We take for granted that our bodies can be amazing and strong machines, but we are also very fragile if we move in the wrong planes of motion. All I can say is to take care of your body, lift properly, don't twist your back under load if you can help it, and if you do get hurt, you need to get it checked immediately!

Cool story. I wondered if this was you (utahquad) when I read this story in the paper. I remember you from the last version of the site. If you don't mind me asking, what is your job that allows you so much money and free time (to travel to away games and get to home games early). Also, what are some interesting stories about getting into the tunnels at away games? How do you do it? Heck, how do you get into the tunnel at home games?

Well I don't have a lot of money for sure, I save every penny I can, as well as have my family helps some to continue to provide me with my home season tickets. I am studying right now to be a recreational therapist, so my only function right now is schooling. I do not work and am on disability, which pays almost nothing a month. I was fortunate that I did have a fair amount saved prior to getting hurt, and have had a great family to help. My family recognizes that the games are good for my mentality, and so they help where needed to pay for my season tickets. As for travel, Brian T. Smith makes it sound like I travel to EVERY road game. While I wish that was true, the cost there would be just huge (unless the team wants another passenger on their Charter :p ) I do go to a few road games a year, generally someplace where I have friends or family. I was in Atlanta for the game during the miracle road streak. I also may try to go see a game in New Jersey, Los Angeles, or even Houston. As for how do I get down with the team? I simply asked the team president, Randy Rigby, and he made it work since I am unable to go stand near the tunnels. It is not certainly something that I want taken advantage of, so if I feel that its not a good time on a certain road game, I won't even bother to ask. I will let the players know when I am going to a road game, and they generally want to see me at some point while I am there. At that atlanta game this year, due to the policies in the arena there, I was unable to see the players prior to the game, instead though I was given access to sit with the players and coaches friends and family after the game, and was able to say hi to them all and congratulate them on the 3 games played so far on that trip. I had told most people I would be there, but had forgot to tell Brian Zeitler (Bee Zee), and so when he saw me after the game he was shocked to see me in Atlanta, and was happy that I had come all that way. Each arena has their own policies on how things are handled around the security aspect. So no two road games are the same for me. Sometimes I can get there before the game, others its after, and some I just can't get down there at all. I do think its cool for me of course, but that is not why I do it... I want the players to know that just like at home, I am there no matter what, just a friend, just someone supporting and pushing them to do better, and that is the most important part about it all for me.

As for travel, Brian T. Smith makes it sound like I travel to EVERY road game. While I wish that was true, the cost there would be just huge (unless the team wants another passenger on their Charter :p ) I do go to a few road games a year, generally someplace where I have friends or family.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense. I also thought Brian Smith was saying you went to every road game, and was wondering about the crazy expense.

As for how do I get down with the team? I simply asked the team president, Randy Rigby, and he made it work since I am unable to go stand near the tunnels.

Kudos to him! And kudos to you for asking. :)