What's new

Utah Jazz @ L.A. Lakers - Dec 9 - 7:30 PM MST - Root Sports

Damnit! Why did the OP put who we're playing and the time RIGHT IN the thread title? Now I know and I wanted it to be a surprise.

Use 'Spoiler Alert' people!!!!!!!

Night ruined. ****!

Damnit! Why did the OP put who we're playing and the time RIGHT IN the thread title? Now I know and I wanted it to be a surprise.

Use 'Spoiler Alert' people!!!!!!!

Night ruined. ****!

big-smile.jpg

We definitely need Jefferson or Favors back for this one. No way Kanter and Sap can stay out of foul trouble against Pau and Howard.
And yet some here will moan and groan when they find out Al is back, even though we need that second big to have a chance today.
I can't wait to see Big Sally defending Superman.
Al's post defense isn't the issue it's his help defense. I thought I saw somewhere that in the post he holds his man to around 35% shooting.
It's a pig, grinning like the cat from Alice in Wonderland.

I'll add very menacing like too.

Is BIG-AL playing ??? Yesssssssssss I expect a big victory carried on the BIG shoulders of BIG-AL.Firstly he will kill the Lakers softly with his Jumper and FOOTWORK and at least he will take the game winner with a posterizing Dunk over Dwight Howard. Quikness, strength, skill and will, thats BIG-AL on his best !!!
BIIIIIIG-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL FOR THEE WINNN;

Hope both Al and Favors are %100 for game. We have the advantage in depth and I don't want us to lose that. GO JAZZ!!!

It's on boys! Looking forward to watching the Jazz march right in and take it to the Nash-less, Gasol-less Lakers and show them their days are numbered. Time to beat some purple and gold ***.

Go Jazz!!!!!!!!

David Locke @Lockedonsports about 1 hour ago
Pau Gasol and Steve Nash will not play for the Lakers - Jefferson and Favors are game time decisions - both practiced yesterday #UTAatLAL

Still waiting on Favors and Al.

You simply hack the living hell out of Howard everytime he gets it down low. 47% from the line this year. Otherwise refs let him knock you over and you will be dunked on.

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody about 10 minutes ago
Favors and Big Al will pay.

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody about 10 minutes ago
And play.

Bill Oram @tribjazz about 10 minutes ago
Derrick Favors and Al Jefferson will both play tonight vs. the Lakers.

And here is a photo of reaction outside Staples Center
lakers-fans-with-riot-police.jpg

Jazz couldn't do early warm-ups because the staples center had been used for a LA Clippers blow-out win over Toronto earlier today.

Kanter back to the bench, Al will start.

Quotes from Ty:
David Locke @Lockedonsports about 15 minutes ago
Tyrone Corbin on if ball movement is possible with Al Jefferson in the post "absolutely".

Bill Oram @tribjazz about 12 minutes ago
LA reporter asks Ty Corbin why Raja Bell isn’t with the team. “He’s not with the team,” he says.

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody about 11 minutes ago
Former Jazz center Jarron Collins is visiting his old team tonight at Staples Center.

That scared me for a minute, I thought maybe he came to play on a 10 contract with AL and Favours questionable.