What's new

Utah Jazz Players in the FIBA World Cup(in China)

I guess Donovan just has great timing. I know Joe and him are friends. The timing/pandering it takes to send out that tweet given you’re pandering to your closest audience for the week is fake to me. Does he send that congratulations if he’s not in Australia this week? Nah.
I wonder why someone’s real-life interactions affects their social media activity. Seems weird to me.

Okay, well the reasons why I like him on our team don't as much pertain to the smoke he is or isn't blowing up my ***. Maybe you're different, I don't know. Or perhaps you've conceptualized him as somewhat of a demigod and are now having a hard time reconciling that with the fact that he's a 23 year old human.
And that’s cool too, I very much like how talented of a player he is, we’re lucky to have him on our team. I just think a large section of the fanbase is going to get a good slap in the face when they realize he’s not what they/he built him up to be.

And that’s cool too, I very much like how talented of a player he is, we’re lucky to have him on our team. I just think a large section of the fanbase is going to get a good slap in the face when they realize he’s not what they/he built him up to be.
Is it possible that you're projecting a bit?

Let's play worst-case-scenario: he's fake.

And?

I wonder why someone’s real-life interactions affects their social media activity. Seems weird to me.

they are supposed to be separate. You are supposed to be different online than in real-life... do we even know if DM is in Australia? I heard he had a few tweets he forgot to delete that referenced other countries' famous athletes.

I'm now thinking about the few times I met him and wonder if it was a hologram... he was smiling and talking to kids... clearly fake... I think I even saw him sign some puppies and build a homeless shelter for some orphans. It was all probably just some fancy AI hologram robot **** and he was at the strip club the whole time. It is the only explanation really... you guys are so naïve.

I’ve literally seen tweets he’s sent out and forgot to delete the part he copied/pasted where his agent sent him it and said “see if you think this tweet is okay for...” Yes these things are absolutely calculated and social media is one of the most important platforms/parts of your brand now. All those nice things he does go viral. They’re part of the reason he has the following he does. His dad works for the Mets and he grew up around. I’m sorry if I think he’s polished enough to fake it. I believed him for a while, until I felt like he’s just trying too hard. Like I’ve said he’s a legitimately good dude, that doesn’t mean he isn’t doing things for PR purposes. I have just gotten (and am getting plenty here) of blowback considering a dude who panders this much is probably a bit fake. Part of it is because he’s a good guy, part of it is also because it’s good for his following,PR, and fandom.

Take a screen shot of this the next time you see one.

I guess Donovan just has great timing. I know Joe and him are friends. The timing/pandering it takes to send out that tweet given you’re pandering to your closest audience for the week is fake to me. Does he send that congratulations if he’s not in Australia this week? Nah. He’d make a great politician.
Haha you got us. Obviously you are trolling

Take a screen shot of this the next time you see one.
I will just for you lol, I’m not trolling on this part at all. (I slightly am on some). I’ve seen him accidentally leave the part of his agent telling him to look it over and tweet it if it looks good twice.
Worst case is he’s fake and leaves the first chance he gets for the Lakers.
It’ll be the Knicks, but he will.

I mean I keep it rolling to keep things a bit lively. I’m trolling some, I also do think I’m a little right about it too.
I think you are wrong. Also, no one I have ever met is 100% authentic, every second of their lives, what you see is what you get.

Also, just like we all have jobs and concentrate on having a good image, like costumer service jobs, it’s important for an athlete to keep up his image and be well liked so they can make more money, sign bigger contracts and be more successful in whatever sport they play. In that sense there is nothing fake about what Mitchell regardless of how well he knows this soccer player. At the same time he probably at least knows of him thanks to being a teammate of Ingles and Exum.

It’s like a sales person buddying up with a complete stranger, because otherwise he ain’t selling **** to no one.

I think you are wrong. Also, no one I have ever met is 100% authentic, every second of their lives, what you see is what you get.

Also, just like we all have jobs and concentrate on having a good image, like costumer service jobs, it’s important for an athlete to keep up his image and be well liked so they can make more money, sign bigger contracts and be more successful in whatever sport they play. In that sense there is nothing fake about what Mitchell regardless of how well he knows this soccer player. At the same time he probably at least knows of him thanks to being a teammate of Ingles and Exum.

It’s like a sales person buddying up with a complete stranger, because otherwise he ain’t selling **** to no one.
This is true as well, I like authenticity, but understand what you're saying. I get keeping a good image, I just think he tries too hard sometimes and pushes beyond being authentic to being pretty fake. No one is 100% authentic but sometimes with him I just feel like, okay man, give it a break for a minute on the trying so hard to make everyone love you. I support the dude, I have his jersey and a couple pair of his shoes. I like him.

This is true as well, I like authenticity, but understand what you're saying. I get keeping a good image, I just think he tries too hard sometimes and pushes beyond being authentic to being pretty fake. No one is 100% authentic but sometimes with him I just feel like, okay man, give it a break for a minute on the trying so hard to make everyone love you. I support the dude, I have his jersey and a couple pair of his shoes. I like him.
It’s called being a good person, you might try it every once in a while. U and I can try together, it’s natural for people to criticize people trying to be decent to others and in general.

It’s called being a good person, you might try it every once in a while. U and I can try together, it’s natural for people to criticize people trying to be decent to others and in general.
Being kinda deceitful for personal gain is not necessarily being good to others lol. But sure. Anyway.

Yeah he's a total phony... I get so sick of him talking about how close he is with his mom and sister (I heard they are actually paid actors and he had his blood relatives deported... didn't want to support them) and all that nonsense where he gives his shoes away to some kid before and after games... notice he only does that when cameras are around... really convenient.

Give it a break bro... you trying so hard.

Yeah he's a total phony... I get so sick of him talking about how close he is with his mom and sister (I heard they are actually paid actors and he had his blood relatives deported... didn't want to support them) and all that nonsense where he gives his shoes away to some kid before and after games... notice he only does that when cameras are around... really convenient.

Give it a break bro... you trying so hard.
I will be proven very right sweetheart.

There are good people out there... even amongst superstar athletes... it's an amazing thought I know.