What's new

Utah Jazz Players in the FIBA World Cup(in China)

Our grand Duke Vytautas in 15th century conquered all Ukraine and those lands up to Black Sea so there might be some Lithuanian seeds left but no, Cossacks are not Lithuanians. Some locals like Crimea Tatars were forced to fight against Teutonic invaders along our troops back in Lithuania and some even established first Muslim communities here.

All I know is that according to Kramer the Ukraine is WEAK

The Zaporozhian Cossasks were Lithuanian i believe. I actually studied early Soviet history. I was at the pool match between Lithuania and Australian in Sydney. (Miserable ****ing night, sat next to Trish Fallon who was pretty ****ing hot tho.)

Both teams will dog it thursday. Nothing to play for

Swish Trish ??? You bastard She was a honey

Our guys are doing really well. Gobert got stronger obv. He limited Germany to 4 points only in Q1 the other day! Ingles is the MVP of the tourney so far. I watched full game of USA vs Turkey today and was happy with DM's physical condition, quickness and defense. The problem is he stands in the corner about half of the time, like a spot up shooter. He also has never seen a Euro zone defense before and looks confused and struggles with attacking the rim. He can learn and improve.
He's kind of shut out of the offense. It's been mostly Kemba and Tatum when the starters are in. Even when open (when playing with the starters), Donovan doesn't get passed the ball much. Donovan needs the ball to be successful. He's not a corner-3 guy.

I agree the zone defense has been confusing for Donovan.

He's kind of shut out of the offense. It's been mostly Kemba and Tatum when the starters are in. Even when open (when playing with the starters), Donovan doesn't get passed the ball much. Donovan needs the ball to be successful. He's not a corner-3 guy.

I agree the zone defense has been confusing for Donovan.

Zone defenses are tough to beat if there is a rim protector. Easy ways to beat it is threes, offensive rebounding, and ball movement. If you are shooting well from three it can be suffocating.

I’m a shooter so I love playing against zone. Can get off so many threes with little effort, but if you miss a few in a row things can get tight. For a driver it’s a nightmare... beat your guy and there are other dudes diving in on the ball and a big waiting for you.

There is a reason they don’t let nba teams play a true zone... it mucks the game up and hurts offense in general.

Zone defenses are tough to beat if there is a rim protector. Easy ways to beat it is threes, offensive rebounding, and ball movement. If you are shooting well from three it can be suffocating.

I’m a shooter so I love playing against zone. Can get off so many threes with little effort, but if you miss a few in a row things can get tight. For a driver it’s a nightmare... beat your guy and there are other dudes diving in on the ball and a big waiting for you.

There is a reason they don’t let nba teams play a true zone... it mucks the game up and hurts offense in general.
Are they allowed to play a true zone in fiba? Like there is no 3 seconds rule for the center and you don't have to be a certain distance from the man you are guarding and no illegal defense call?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

If you DT a player in Serbia and if it’s a great passer like Joker, get ready for open threes.

Depends on how they double, but mostly agree. They have the athleticism to double and recover. If Turner gets in foul trouble we in trouble. I wasn't worried about the US until that last game. They got sooooo lucky.

Depends on how they double, but mostly agree. They have the athleticism to double and recover. If Turner gets in foul trouble we in trouble. I wasn't worried about the US until that last game. They got sooooo lucky.
Yeah, last game I was yelling “Oh great! Perfect! Just like always when they hand us the game, we have to give it back. I wouldn’t expect you to hit over 45% from the line when it matters the most!”

I would double team him
I had clicked the thread then had to do something else. Came back and read this post without remembering context, and initially read it in the typical interpretation of a phrase like this on JFC.